Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mpressive
  1.    #1  
    Disclaimer: (I have no affiliation with the site or seller, you've been warned). I get emails every morning from Buy.com and lo and behold, what do I see this morning, but a Touchpad case for $12.99. I like many of you fell into the lure and purchased a Touchpad this past weekend taking advantage of the serious discounts. One of the accessories that I purchased was the HP Case and I can tell you that I paid allot more then $12.99 (I think it was $42 after discount).Here's the link. I hope that it helps someone!!Buy.com - HP Touchpad PU Leather Case (Black) with 3 Way Stand
    mikevember likes this.
    Its a good deal..! the only catch is that its not the original case from HP..
    my advice
    get HP official touchpad case as it fits snugly, feels good, and you can charge with it. HP did a good job here.
    saw it once on amazon for 20 although I paid 35.
    It's definitely not the official HP TouchPad case. But still, a very good deal.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    All the aftermarket cases cover the bezel too much to make swipe up work well... the HP OEM is best for that- some aftermarkets need to make better cases.

I love my offical HP case, but for 50$ i cannot risk it warping one month out like MANY have reported...

I am going to get one that has a keyboard in it- it also covers the bezel- but when useing the keyboard the option/card view button is great-
    Not very useful since it does not support the 'swipe up' due to the bezel being covered.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I think its an iPad 1 case. Since when did a TP have a back speaker?
    This is a loosely ported iPad case. The biggest problem is that in the propped up orientation it's "upside down", aka the button is on the left. You'll get the angry birds sound effect when closing apps and video will play upside down. I wouldn't spend my money.
    Has anyone who has this tried cutting/trimming the bezel cover back to make the swipe up gesture work?

I'm staring at mine and thinking it could be modified with a clean semi-circular cut and still maintain its integrity... but I haven't cut anything yet
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I like the idea of a case with a keyboard, does one exist for the TP? If so, where can i find one.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I have used the brookstone Ipad 1 case with silicon keyboard- it works nice, the keyboard is okay- i dont like the soft keys- its 80$ on their website

I bought a ipad 1 case with hard plastic keyboard (like laptop) from ebay for 37$ shipped...and its quite lower quality on the holder/sleeve part of the case- fits turrblely- but the plastic type keyboard is 1000x better!

I am going to buy some plastic molding kits at the hobby store and attempt to make clips and mod the case. by clips i mean what is on the nook color cases etc from B&N my wife has one of their cases and its really nice how it fits in
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    I have used the brookstone Ipad 1 case with silicon keyboard- it works nice, the keyboard is okay- i dont like the soft keys- its 80$ on their website

I bought a ipad 1 case with hard plastic keyboard (like laptop) from ebay for 37$ shipped...and its quite lower quality on the holder/sleeve part of the case- fits turrblely- but the plastic type keyboard is 1000x better!

I am going to buy some plastic molding kits at the hobby store and attempt to make clips and mod the case. by clips i mean what is on the nook color cases etc from B&N my wife has one of their cases and its really nice how it fits in
    So technically, any IPad 1 Keyboard case may fit the HP TP?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Do you think this would work with it?

The iPad Keyboard Portfolio - Hammacher Schlemmer
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Any ipad 1 case will fit decently, that looks exactly like the brookstone one (from brookstone.com its 80$)

There are TONs on ebay and Amazon- mine gets the job done in terms of it holding the touchpad- the front cam does not line up perfect but I rarely rarely use it so not an issue.

Browse ebay and amazon before you spend 100$ on one, there are alot cheaper options out there for the same thing.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Any ipad 1 case will fit decently, that looks exactly like the brookstone one (from brookstone.com its 80$)

There are TONs on ebay and Amazon- mine gets the job done in terms of it holding the touchpad- the front cam does not line up perfect but I rarely rarely use it so not an issue.

Browse ebay and amazon before you spend 100$ on one, there are alot cheaper options out there for the same thing.
    Much obliged, will do.