webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Logitech Tablet Bluetooth Keyboard
Logitech Tablet Bluetooth Keyboard
Like Tree2Likes

Old 08/09/2011, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Just got my new Logitech keyboard. Designed for Android 3.0, not iOS or WebOS, but it works great. Its a separate keyboard, but has a built in case for the keyboard which converts into a cradle for the Touchpad. You can use it even while in the stock HP Touchpad folio case.

Logitech® Tablet Keyboard for Android

So far its working great. I haven't found any keys that map to the card button yet, but I really only wanted it for text entry during meetings. Found it for $59.99 up on buy.com, but I"m sure we'll see deals soon bringing the price down in places.

Buy.com - Logitech Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard and Stand Combo for Android 3.0+

Case is kind of cheap, just plastic, but the keyboard is flat out awesome.
JanPrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good to know it works. Wonder if they will come out with a model for the TP. Guess it depends on sale figures for TP. Would then have card feature.

Not even sure if I want a keyboard. Just want the arrow keys on the TP screen. After all the idea is portability.

Thanks for posting this information.
judge34411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

jhoff80 mentioned in another thread that
Quote:
on a standard Bluetooth keyboard, the Windows key is the card view button, and Esc is the notification view.
This was one of the keyboards I've been looking at too. Do you also use this with other devices?
Twitter: @appsotutely
Paypal: Tip Jar
appsotutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ohhh I like this, and $10 cheaper than the HP KB...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
This was one of the keyboards I've been looking at too. Do you also use this with other devices?
I haven't used it with any other devices, and since this was made for Android Tablets there is no Windows key. I can reach the card view by hitting "FN" and -, = (basically, volume up/down shortcuts) or 8 which is Play/Pause. But once in the card view, only thing I can do is type for the Just Type. Can't seem to scroll betwen cards. And if I do use the Just Search, can't seem to select anything with the keyboard.

So as far as accessing the multitasking, so far its a failure... but on straight usage its very good.
Old 08/13/2011, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

so i bought the Logitech keyboard and it connects with my bluetooth on my TP but it will not pair cause i need a pairing "pin" and it doesnt show up. anybody know what i should do? or what the pin is? i tried the generic "0000" but that didnt work.
lenny.markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2011, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

The code was 3036 on the Logitech Tablet keyboard. Other people have seen issues where they have to enter the code both on the Touchpad AND the actual keyboard.
Old 08/13/2011, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

Why not buy the HP specific one for 58 dollars on amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-Wi...bosnation0e-20
Old 08/13/2011, 11:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard (FB344AA#AC3): Electronics
The ability to prop up the TP in the keyboard cradle is probably one good reason, assuming it will operate pretty much the same.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2011, 01:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanPrax View Post
The code was 3036 on the Logitech Tablet keyboard. Other people have seen issues where they have to enter the code both on the Touchpad AND the actual keyboard.
ya that would be me, its not paring with the code "3036" but it still shows up as a found device tho. this is ****ing me off lol any other ideas?
lenny.markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/13/2011, 03:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
The ability to prop up the TP in the keyboard cradle is probably one good reason, assuming it will operate pretty much the same.
if I can get the HP kb to pair with my htpc, the HP case and HP kb make a perfect combo. I freaking love it!
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 08/16/2011, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-Wi...bosnation0e-20
ESC Key...
jcerwinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

IIRC I think the card view key is the ESC key
Old 08/21/2011, 08:54 PM   #14 (permalink)

This is a very nice keyboard. I was unable to get the code either. Luckily, my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab (7" with Android 2.3) came to the rescue. I paired it with the Tab and was able to get the code. You need to enter the code in both the TouchPad AND the keyboard (hit enter). Works very well.
3138NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2011, 11:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanPrax View Post
Just got my new Logitech keyboard. Designed for Android 3.0, not iOS or WebOS, but it works great. Its a separate keyboard, but has a built in case for the keyboard which converts into a cradle for the Touchpad. You can use it even while in the stock HP Touchpad folio case.......
How did you get it pair? I also have a ClamCase keyboard fir iPad that won't pair because the OS issupposrd to give a passkey that you type to the keyboard, but WebOS doesn't give the passkey.

Please help, thanks.
Paradox#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2011, 12:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
How did you get it pair? I also have a ClamCase keyboard fir iPad that won't pair because the OS issupposrd to give a passkey that you type to the keyboard, but WebOS doesn't give the passkey.

Please help, thanks.
(1) Put the TouchPad into pairing mode.
(2) Put your keyboard into pairing mode.
(3) When the keyboard comes up in the list of devices, tap it to add it.
(4) When the passkey dialog pops up, type in a 4-digit code (whatever you want), then tap "Next". TouchPad will show "Pairing".
(5) Type the same 4-digit code on your keyboard and then hit the "Enter" on your keyboard.
(6) Touchpad should pair up.
Liked by ZRodri likes this.
Old 09/05/2011, 01:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

I ended up switching from the Logitech to HP's BT keyboard. They're both great keyboards. I really love that handy case that comes with the Logitech but I got tired of having to enter the 6-digit numerical password TWICE everytime I paired it to my TP and I had to type it in twice--once via the virtual keyboard on the TP and again on the Logitech itself.
Old 09/05/2011, 03:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3138NV View Post
I ended up switching from the Logitech to HP's BT keyboard. They're both great keyboards. I really love that handy case that comes with the Logitech but I got tired of having to enter the 6-digit numerical password TWICE everytime I paired it to my TP and I had to type it in twice--once via the virtual keyboard on the TP and again on the Logitech itself.
That sounds strange. All I have to do with my Logitech keyboard (Android version) is just turn it on. It autoconnects and becomes available very quickly.
Liked by 3138NV likes this.
Old 09/05/2011, 08:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
That sounds strange. All I have to do with my Logitech keyboard (Android version) is just turn it on. It autoconnects and becomes available very quickly.
I dunno. I tried everything, even the type-any-4-digit-code solution to no avail. Then I paired it with the Samsung 7" Tab and it gave me that code. Then it worked worked with the TP albeit with that 6-digit password penalty. At any rate, the Logitech is a great keyboard and I would definitely use it if I ever ended up with a Honeycomb tablet (yeah right!). Glad to hear you don't have the same problem I did with pairing, but I'm very happy with my HP-brand BT keyboard. Love those webOS/TP-specific keys! : )
Old 10/11/2011, 10:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

(1) Put the TouchPad into pairing mode.
(2) Put your keyboard into pairing mode.
(3) When the keyboard comes up in the list of devices, tap it to add it.
(4) When the passkey dialog pops up, type in a 4-digit code (whatever you want), then tap "Next". TouchPad will show "Pairing".
(5) Type the same 4-digit code on your keyboard and then hit the "Enter" on your keyboard.
(6) Touchpad should pair up.
This worked perfectly for me. No need to have the Logitech Keyboard generate a key code for you to enter. I typed 3606 in both my TP and Keyboard. It's now connected and works very well with the HP TP! Thanks Appsotutely!!
HP2456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0