1.    #1  
    Anyone found a good a good stylus to use with the TP? I picked up a Razorfish capacitive stylus/pen combo at Best Buy last week. It is designed to work on the ipad so I thought I would try it on my TP. While it works OK, it isn't really responsive on some of the "slide" actions of webos.

Has anyone found a stylus that works well with the TP?
    Not having a TouchPad, I got nothin'.

I am, however, curious as to why you want a stylus in the first place. (Not hating - really just curious).

I totally understand why a digitizer pen would be awesome, but I've never seen the point of capacitive styli. Just a personal preference or is there something deeper you want a stylus for?
    Someone on the forum posted about this one recently. I haven't tried it.

Does the TP even have a good app that can utiliuze a stylus? I find its great for note taking
    Motorola Startac-> Motorola RAZR -> Motorola RAZR V3 -> Blackberry Curve -> Blackberry Bold -> Iphone 3G -> Iphone 3GS -> Palm Pre -> Blackerry Bold 2 -> Iphone 4 -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer
    Just Google "capacitive stylus" or "capacitive touch screen stylus" and you will find stylus from $3.50 to $15.00 available from multiple sources
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I tried the targus one I have for the ipad and it was meh. more or less stuck and drug across the screen. wasnt useful really.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Folks,

I have got a Logiix one, which is a copy of Targus / Griffin. I also have got a older Griffin slimline model. This one is more skinny, light but requires little more effort to "push or squeeze" than its newer, bigger brother...

There is a photo at RunAroundTech exactly matching mine... http://www.runaroundtech.com/wp-cont...3/IMG_1916.jpg Anyway, check out the review by Marc Hawkins... Review: Slimline Stylus by Griffin | runaroundtech.com

Love both but I let my folks to keep the bigger one for their iPad and I keep the slimline one for my TouchPad and other touchscreen devices.

I have heard about a pointy-tip stylus for capacitive screen in Hong Kong. Looks like I am going to pick one up next trip to Asia ;-)
    Last edited by howi; 08/10/2011 at 08:00 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

I am, however, curious as to why you want a stylus in the first place. (Not hating - really just curious).

I totally understand why a digitizer pen would be awesome, but I've never seen the point of capacitive styli. Just a personal preference or is there something deeper you want a stylus for?
    my use of a stylus is primarily for writing/notes and drawing apps, as well as using for more precise screen interaction (sometimes my finger doesn't quite hit smaller link areas). In a business setting I like to have the stylus/pen combo so that I can take notes on paper as well as interact with the TP without having to continually put down and pick up a pen.
    This company has some interesting alternatives to the typical "fat tip" capacitive stylus:

iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精準電容觸控筆

--John
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

One of the most obvious reasons why people use a capacitive stylus is to draw and take notes. But it also helps reduce fingerprints, provide a way to use a capacitive device while wearing gloves (especially necessary for colder climates), and prevent finger fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by benleroux View Post
    Does the TP even have a good app that can utiliuze a stylus? I find its great for note taking
    I wish there was an equivalent to SketchBook Pro, but we have a few sketching apps. I haven't began to use the Touchpad as a note-taking device, so I'm not sure if there are any decent note-taking devices.

BTW, I am using a Nomadic pen/stylus and I do not like the performance...you have to press down pretty intentionally, which sucks for creating consistent lines.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I remember reading somewhere, I think it must have been engadget, that koreans were using frozen mini-sausages during the winter when people were wearing gloves.

But I've used a stylus with the foamy points for note taking apps on my iPad during business meetings. It helps to improve the legibility of my handwriting that's for sure vs trying to write with the point of my finger. I haven't found a suitable or comparable app on the TP yet, but I'm hopeful that there will be one soon. It seems that each day I find a newly released app that works for me as i wean myself off of the iPad.
    This is the one I use:

Amazon.com: Kensington 2nd Generation Apple iPad 1 and 2 / iPhone / iPod / Motorola Xoom Tablet / Galaxy / Blackberry Playbook Virtuoso Touch Screen Stylus and Pen (Black) Newest Model: Electronics

I have not had to worry about fingerprints since I started using it, when I use it. Also it has a thinner line when drawing or writing on a friends Ipad.

The other one I was considering was:

Amazon.com: Gomadic Precision Tip Capacitive Stylus for Apple iPad / iPad 2; iPhone; Motorola Xoom; Samsung Galaxy Tab; BlackBerry Playbook (Black Color) with Ink Pen Included: Electronics

I never bought that one, but may just so I have one at home and office.

Both are stylus/pens. I like the Kensington so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidjestr View Post
    This is the one I use:

Amazon.com: Kensington 2nd Generation Apple iPad 1 and 2 / iPhone / iPod / Motorola Xoom Tablet / Galaxy / Blackberry Playbook Virtuoso Touch Screen Stylus and Pen (Black) Newest Model: Electronics

I have not had to worry about fingerprints since I started using it, when I use it. Also it has a thinner line when drawing or writing on a friends Ipad.

The other one I was considering was:

Amazon.com: Gomadic Precision Tip Capacitive Stylus for Apple iPad / iPad 2; iPhone; Motorola Xoom; Samsung Galaxy Tab; BlackBerry Playbook (Black Color) with Ink Pen Included: Electronics

I never bought that one, but may just so I have one at home and office.

Both are stylus/pens. I like the Kensington so far.
    I bought the Gomadic one and its not one that I would recommend. The pen aspect is great, but the capacitive cushion is not on the cap, and the cap isnt wide enough to go on the end of the pen (as most pens with a top/cap allow), and the capacitive cushion has some play. This means that you have to push down on it for the taps to register, which isnt my style. It the cushion touches the screen it should register.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I use a black one I got at Wal-Mart for like $12.88. I don't remember the name right off, but it works pretty good. Though I usually just use my good ole' fingers.