1.    #1  
    hey forum. Need some help. I am traveling and need some advice. I am looking for a dual USB ac adapter. Powerful enough to charger the touchpad and the pre-. Its been hard to find one and the 2 amp chargers I have found split to 1 amp each when both usb's are in use. I'm not to smart when it comes electronics so some help would be nice. Or just tell me what to look for.

I found this but I don't know if it would work

Belkin Mini Travel Surge Protector w/USB Charger - CowBoom.com
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Where are you traveling? That Belkin is 110v only so no-go in many countries.
    ...and LOL, it says it can handle 36000 Amps. No way.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    That Belkin charger is huge, I've got one. You'd be better off carrying the two separate adapters, not to mention that I'm pretty sure it only puts out 0.5A on the USB.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Where are you traveling? That Belkin is 110v only so no-go in many countries.
    ...and LOL, it says it can handle 36000 Amps. No way.
    Just going across the country. Do you know any charges that will charge the touchpad and pre through usb at the same time?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Newegg.com - SCOSCHE Dual-USB AC Adapter USBH3W

This one appears to have a 2.1 A connection and a 1.0 A connection. Here's the manufacturer's page: reVIVE II - (White) Dual USB Home Charger for iPad

So that should be able to handle it easily.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    does this charge your touchpad? one of the comments says that the center pins on the USB are not shorted so full power is not given to the device
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    The belkin power bar does not charge the Touchpad, I have one and I get the not enough power error.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I gave a link for one that works.
    thx. i saw the link... i was hoping to get more recommendations for more slim-profile ones, because i travel with a really slim briefcase with a MBA and now the TouchPad. there's literally no room for anything thick/bulky.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Ah...well you're looking for > 2 Amps so it's not going to be tiny I'm afraid.