webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Accessories > Car Chargers for the Touchpad
Car Chargers for the Touchpad

Old 08/08/2011, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Will an iPad car charger work as my Pre car charger doesnt at the moment disapointingly. Or is there a different car charger I should be looking at? Thanks in advance
Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
dcbo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

as long as it puts out 2 amps.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

For not much more than a decent high-current USB charger alone (a little over 40 bucks), I got one of these 175W power inverters that also includes a 2.1A USB charger port: Amazon.com: Duracell DRINVP175 175W Pocket Inverter with 2.1 Amp USB Port to Charge iPads and Other Power Hungry USB Products: Automotive

This thing is small, light, quiet, and gives me an AC outlet in the car to power/charge other devices (like my Cradlepoint 3G/4G mobile Wi-Fi router) without having to buy separate car adapters for them...

--John
jbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2011, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

WalMart had a 2 amp tablet car charger for $15 in their tablet accessory area. Can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but it was one of the companies that always makes generic accessories.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2011, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
For not much more than a decent high-current USB charger alone (a little over 40 bucks), I got one of these 175W power inverters that also includes a 2.1A USB charger port: Amazon.com: Duracell DRINVP175 175W Pocket Inverter with 2.1 Amp USB Port to Charge iPads and Other Power Hungry USB Products: Automotive

This thing is small, light, quiet, and gives me an AC outlet in the car to power/charge other devices (like my Cradlepoint 3G/4G mobile Wi-Fi router) without having to buy separate car adapters for them...

--John
I've been using a similar device from Xantrex for years to charge all of my devices in my car. It certainly beats having a ton of proprietary car chargers to carry around.
gtalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've had a xantrex house inverter. Unfortunately I don't see any Xantrex brands on amazon. There is a kul faux coffee cup inverter. I want one that connects directly to the fuse box or battery tho.
jdlyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

FWIW, this is the one I use. It connects through the lighter, but I've used it for about 5 years with no trouble. I can charge a laptop and a cell phone at the same time with no issues.
gtalum is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0