1.    #1  
    Will an iPad car charger work as my Pre car charger doesnt at the moment disapointingly. Or is there a different car charger I should be looking at? Thanks in advance
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    as long as it puts out 2 amps.
    For not much more than a decent high-current USB charger alone (a little over 40 bucks), I got one of these 175W power inverters that also includes a 2.1A USB charger port: Amazon.com: Duracell DRINVP175 175W Pocket Inverter with 2.1 Amp USB Port to Charge iPads and Other Power Hungry USB Products: Automotive

This thing is small, light, quiet, and gives me an AC outlet in the car to power/charge other devices (like my Cradlepoint 3G/4G mobile Wi-Fi router) without having to buy separate car adapters for them...

--John
    WalMart had a 2 amp tablet car charger for $15 in their tablet accessory area. Can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but it was one of the companies that always makes generic accessories.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    For not much more than a decent high-current USB charger alone (a little over 40 bucks), I got one of these 175W power inverters that also includes a 2.1A USB charger port: Amazon.com: Duracell DRINVP175 175W Pocket Inverter with 2.1 Amp USB Port to Charge iPads and Other Power Hungry USB Products: Automotive

This thing is small, light, quiet, and gives me an AC outlet in the car to power/charge other devices (like my Cradlepoint 3G/4G mobile Wi-Fi router) without having to buy separate car adapters for them...

--John
    I've been using a similar device from Xantrex for years to charge all of my devices in my car. It certainly beats having a ton of proprietary car chargers to carry around.
    I've had a xantrex house inverter. Unfortunately I don't see any Xantrex brands on amazon. There is a kul faux coffee cup inverter. I want one that connects directly to the fuse box or battery tho.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    FWIW, this is the one I use. It connects through the lighter, but I've used it for about 5 years with no trouble. I can charge a laptop and a cell phone at the same time with no issues.