Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    got one and it fits the hp nicely, but I can't get the keyboard to connect...it keeps wanting a password? Figured it was some apple thing so I am returning it.

any other cases similar? With the keyboard built in...its a nice idea and I liked the case if only I could get the keyboard to work.
    did you try all possible password combinations like 0000,1234 etc? Does the case come with some docs?
    If the defaults of 0000 or 1234 don't work...

Some bluetooth keyboards want you to punch in the key on the keyboard itself.

For example, my old Freedom Bluetooth keyboard which I've been using with the Touchpad, the process is as described:

1. Put keyboard into pairing mode.
    2. Go to Bluetooth preferences on TP, add keyboard.
    3. TP prompts for passkey, enter anything you want.
    4. Type in that same number on the keyboard and press enter.

And then it's paired and good to go. Maybe it's the same for the keyboard you have.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    you where exactly right

I typed 123456 in the TP pairing screen and then okay, then while it was 'pairing' I did the same 123456 and pressed enter on the bt keyboard.. Boom done!

so far I like it, will spend a working day with it to see.
    great! let us how the case and keyboard are.. If its a good choice, I will return the one I ordered from HP.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    While the fit is not "perfect" it is good- the TP is slightly heavy so it can kind of slide in the case- I am going to put alittle foam in it to tighten it up. the only thing that does not allign well is the camera- if it shifts downward your cam can get covered.

it says it is for "ipad" but has a front camera hole? but this case would NOT fit the thin ipad2 well...so who knows.

I will take pictures and give a better idea of how I like it after I use it today for this and that.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    So I sit here typing from the case as we speak, I like the case although it adds some heft and size. The keyboard is nice, but I have found that there are some cases with plastic keyboards like a laptop- that would be a lot better than the silicon keyboard that is on this one. Also on the plastic ones there is a shift key on he right hand side of the keyboard- and that is the one I use, on the silicon there is only a shift key on the left....very annoying to me,

I do like the idea and while searching for some that will properly fit my touchpad I see many cases and stuff that I would die for a custom fitted clamshell case with plastic keyboard for the touchpad but I know that form molded thing will only fit the iPad as general sleeves etc will fit the touchpad fine.

it turns your tablet into a nice little netbook type thing. And working on my touchpad doing many things at once it just made better!

you can find them on ebay for 50$ generic or less- I am taking the brookstone one and my official HP case back and ordering one offline.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Update: Here is the case I settled on- imo it has an upside down orientation for the "button" and camera holes- there are some with little "curve outs" for the "button" and camera rather than just a hole for the camera- but I could not find one of them with the plastic notebook type keyboard.

here is the link to the ebay I purchased.

Brand New Ipad Leather Case And Bluetooth Keyboard~! | eBay

in preperation of the "IMO" upside down orientation "Button on the right rather than left" I flipped my touchpad on my current case- and must say...I can get used to it...AND it has the added benifet of putting the volume buttons on top- rather than the bottom-where they sometimes get pressed when your flipping the screen up and on the keyboard ledge.

It should arrive sometime next week- and for 40$ rather than the 100$ brookstone- I feel alot better about keeping something that is not 100% perfect.
    Thanks xadion for the update! Now I look forward to your feedback on this case from ebay...
    Any update on a keyboard case?
    UPDATE....First thank you Xadion for the recommendation on this case. I just received mine in the mail today and am typing this reply from the keyboard.

I have to say, it is great having a physical keyboard now for this device, (if only we could get a full office app here already)... The quality is about where I expected it to be for the price, decent pleather, tho, there are a few issues with stitching, but nothing that breaks the deal. The "right side" of the case in landscape mode has a little dip in the border for the home button, just fine. The left side of the case has a hole just big enough for the camera, and it depends if it's lined up correctly if it will shoot through. Not a huge deal for me, but if you plan on using the camera frequently, you could probably cut it larger if you were careful. The case doesn't come too close to the edge to prevent you from swiping up to access cards and there are plenty of buttons that will open the cards too. All the ports are open and accessible. The speakers sound fine as there is nothing covering them. The keyboard is setup for the iPad, so you have option buttons and a row of specific keys that don't match up which would be nice, but to have a keyboard and case in one is invaluable. Also, micro USB on keyboard is nice to only deal with one cable. My biggest complaint is tho, that the magnet in the flap isn't strong enough to really keep the cover shut. I may adding some if it bugs me enough. For $30, I'm happy to have a case and Bluetooth keyboard that fits the tp perfectly.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have a Kensington ipad bt kbd/case, and it fits just fine. The pairing was odd, though, I had to put my ipad in pairing mode so I could see the four-digit code the kbd wanted. Typed it in the TP bluetooth pairing dialog, typed it on the keyboard, and it works. They are leather, the kbd is rubberized, and they have them for $61-06 on Buy.com-
    Buy.com - Kensington KeyFolio
    So there's another option...
    Anyone else have an suggestions? I think im going to go with Xadion suggestion
    Looks nice and the price is right. wanted to see if anyone else has had any hands on with any other case Bluetooth combos.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Check the Bay for a Brookstone case & BT keyboard for ~$22 now, and free shipping. Seller has 10 of 'em. Friday, 9/2 3:40 p.m. EDT

Lowest price by ten bucks I've seen!

Supposedly lasts only one day!
    Took the plunge and and got the case + keyboard combo off ebay. So far so good. It does buldge a bit around the camera and home button, keyboard is very responsive just wished it had a pocket to put stuff in. other than that not bad for the price.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Here's an issue to be very careful with if you get one of the iPad-compatible keyboard / folio cases like the one linked above from "the Bay." I bought one!

When the charger cord is plugged into the case's micro USB input, tipping the case up from the OTHER side, putting pressure on the micro USB connection risks snapping the "female" port right off its board! It can happen all too easily. Take my word for it!!

I think this is a serious design flaw, because the female port has no top reinforcement other than the stiff faux leather.

You may think I was simply careless, and perhaps you're right. But It simply didn't take much pressure at all for this to happen!

Otherwise, I like the keyboard / case. Plenty of iPad-specific keys are useless, but for word-processing and similar work, it's quite handy!
    Thanks, xadion! I just received mine and am typing on it now. Seems like a pretty decent deal for $30.
    Has anyone tried the BReed BTR-001 iPad Control Case with the HP Touchpad? Seems very similar (but clearly not the same case based on examination of the keyboard closeup pictures). If you've tried it, how does the Touchpad pair and fit in the case?

Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Update: Here is the case I settled on- imo it has an upside down orientation for the "button" and camera holes- there are some with little "curve outs" for the "button" and camera rather than just a hole for the camera- but I could not find one of them with the plastic notebook type keyboard.

here is the link to the ebay I purchased.

Brand New Ipad Leather Case And Bluetooth Keyboard~! | eBay

in preperation of the "IMO" upside down orientation "Button on the right rather than left" I flipped my touchpad on my current case- and must say...I can get used to it...AND it has the added benifet of putting the volume buttons on top- rather than the bottom-where they sometimes get pressed when your flipping the screen up and on the keyboard ledge.
    Bumping up for additional input. Brookstone has an iPad 2 case now and I am wondering what the latest opinions are on cases with keyboards.
    PS
    I already have the TP Bluetooth keyboard and wonder if it would fit where the iPad version resides.
    TIA
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john.diamant View Post
    Has anyone tried the BReed BTR-001 iPad Control Case with the HP Touchpad? Seems very similar (but clearly not the same case based on examination of the keyboard closeup pictures). If you've tried it, how does the Touchpad pair and fit in the case?
    I just ordered this yesterday based on the reviews on Amazon. Figured for $29 and free shipping, it was worth a shot. I'll report back when it arrives next week...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast