Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    anyone else getting any warping? Mine is seemingly getting worse. Its in 2 spots. The little strip in between the button and the charger port is bowing up away from the glass, and the upper left corner. The ones in the upper left corner are covering the buttons and like the other are pulling away.
    Stevesrjr86 and Sohan24 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    anyone else getting any warping? Mine is seemingly getting worse. Its in 2 spots. The little strip in between the button and the charger port is bowing up away from the glass, and the upper left corner. The ones in the upper left corner are covering the buttons and like the other are pulling away.
    YUP!!! exact same 2 spots!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    its a flat piece of glass, so I'm having trouble imagining what you are seeing. Can you post a few pics?
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    maybe its better said that it is pulling away from the edge. The case is suppose to hug the curved edge. In these spots its bent away from the curve. I will try and post some pics tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    its a flat piece of glass, so I'm having trouble imagining what you are seeing. Can you post a few pics?
    We are talking about the rubberized HP Case, not the actual TouchPad. can try to add pictures tomorrow
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    YUP!!! exact same 2 spots!
    Exactly the same problem in the same spots here.. Looks like there are weaknesses wherever there are holes in the case structure
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    same problem here
    Maybe you guys need a more rugged case?
    I have the same thing, it looks like the rubber is expanding, but why?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I have the same thing, it looks like the rubber is expanding, but why?
    I've not seen any hints of this on 3 TPad cases. By chance are you all using the Touchstone? Excessive heat causes materials to warp.
    yeah I put it on the touchstone every night, but does the touchstone really create that much more heat than charging through the cord?
    mine doing same thing just sux
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    yeah mine too. It seems that the rubber is weak around the ports, so it warps. The case is pretty awesome but these warps look kinda nasty . Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    yeah I put it on the touchstone every night, but does the touchstone really create that much more heat than charging through the cord?
    Well the TS is passing electricity thru the case so there should be more heat than normal charging.

With that said, my TP lives on the TS and I have not yet noticed any warping in 3 weeks of ownership.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    geekpeter likes this.
    I don't have the problem by the charging port, just by the volume buttons. I know why its lifting there. The TouchPad has one long rocker button for the volume, but the case has two small cut outs for the volume button so the gap between the two cut outs sits on the physical rocker switch causing the lifting. It doesn't bother me. But if it really bothers you, you could try to trim out that gap with an exacto knife.
    I have both issues, and I DO NOT use a Touchstone. Those areas do look horrible, and along with the cracks in the plastic around the speaker port, I am convinced that the quality of the products arent the highest. But the way that the design hugs the TouchPad instead of encasing it is the only reason why I havent moved to something different.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I will be returning mine based on this info...its a really nice case in terms of its fit.

need to find one that does not cover the bezel and elemenate upspiwe as I use that all the time
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I am not experiencing any problems with my case and it has been in the HP Case for a month now. If you are having problems like this I would exchange it immediately. Especially the speaker port cracks, this is a well documented issue.
    Can someone take a picture of the problem?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    Yeah, this seems pretty common unfortunately. I have had good results removing the device & massaging the warped areas in the direction they should go. Surprisingly it has worked pretty well in minimizing the effect. Not perfect, but give it a try.

General PSA to others though. If you don't need to, don't remove the case too much. I think much of the stretching that happens is a result of pulling the TouchPad in and out of the case a bunch (at least that's how it's been for me).
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    1969bob likes this.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast