Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree13Likes
    Ok, after reheating its back to Normal!. i'll just do that I guess once a month
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine_Madcat View Post
    (and worthless web browser)
    Have you disabled your cache (patch), activated cookie jar (patch/ipk) and downloaded ProxySwitch?

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    Ok, after reheating its back to Normal!. i'll just do that I guess once a month
    Well that's somewhat promising, albeit annoying. Would be interesting to see if the cases fell apart over time with constant reheating...
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So far the case is fitting snugly.

Finger prints on the back are no longer an issue and it is much easier to hold on to.

Don't plan to take it out of the case ........ Ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Have you disabled your cache (patch), activated cookie jar (patch/ipk) and downloaded ProxySwitch?
    What are these 3 patches? can you give me the extact names and what they do.. my TP runs smooth but always looking to do more things... appreciate the info thanks
    I figuered out what the problem is. If you look inside the case, underneath the areas that are warping (the Volume rocker, & Power button), you'll see 2 things:

1) Inside of the case, over the volume rocker, it has two separate tabs; even though the volume rocker is one continuous piece, and despite the outer part of the case showing one continuous cover over the volume rocker.

2) The tab inside of the case, over the power button appears to be slightly smaller than the actual power button.

So my guess is that the inner case is not made to precisely cover the buttons, and is causing the case to warp. According to this post : http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3176954
    cutting out these buttons of the case will put an end to the warping.

This is very frustrating. Didn't people from HP test these cases??? I've only had this thing for a few weeks & it has started warping last week. I'd rather not have to cut holes in it so it would fit properly. but it looks like I may not have a choice.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    What are these 3 patches? can you give me the extact names and what they do.. my TP runs smooth but always looking to do more things... appreciate the info thanks
    Not sure whether you worked it out already? I've been away. A lot is better since 3.0.4 but "Proxy Set Basic" is the way I log onto my uni network and internet, check it out.

Secure site downloads were patched (Cookie Jar) in 3.0.2 but the fix hasn't been updated yet stay tuned here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/296760-patch-request-downloading-documents-secured-sites-5.html

Not sure whether the cache still needs disabling on 3.0.4 but here is the coverage on it: Disable webOS's (flawed) Browser Cache
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    I've been trying to work with HP WebOS support on this, but I haven't heard anything back in awhile.

I called support on Monday and they had trouble understanding what I was even talking about, so they requested I send a picture to an email address they provided me. I sent them the information requested, and never heard anything back.

I'm on hold with them now asking for an update on this.
    I got my replacement a couple of days ago. Almost everyone I worked with seemed really confused, since they're so accustomed to fielding warranty calls for things like the Touchpad itself or the Touchstone and not a non-electronic first-party accessory like the case. I had one rep who kept trying to get my "device's serial number", who didn't seem to understand what I was talking about.

Eventually some higher-level rep asked me to send the case back to them so they could examine it. I had to talk them into providing me with a Fedex account number, since I wasn't about to pay half the price of the case to send it back to them. I never actually heard anything back, but I eventually got an automatic email confirming my "return" and confirming that my "purchase" had shipped. A few days later, the replacement case showed up.

That said the new case seems to be rather more heavy duty than the original, especially along the edges. We'll see what happens, but it seems like the warping should be less likely to happen this time around.
    So I called yesterday and talked with a very lame HP rep. She kept asking me for an order number so she could verify that I purchased my case. I told her I bought mine from a local Walmart, and she said I would have to take the case back there for warranty service. I told the rep that the Walmart does not have any more of the cases, so taking it there would not work. She kept telling me that she couldnt do anything more for me. I had her get her supervisor, but of course he was "engaged with another customer". She then transferred me to WebOS support, which was closed for the weekend.

The warranty is from HP, and I plan to make them honor it. My case is warped like crazy! Can someone post a phone number that they are using to call and get assistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    ... The pictures I'm seeing posted here look lighter and some sort of crosshairs pattern inside. I'm wondering is this the same case or has HP changed the design? Or am I just confused, :-D ...
    I assume you're talking about this image?

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    This is the charging port

Ha ha! That's the reflective surface of the Touchpad's screen glass!

That "pattern" is the photographer's ceiling.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I don't mind the usb bump... I can tell my TPs apart now...
    Hair drier fixed the bump outs by the power/vol rocker for mine.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Called HP, sent them a fax with my proof of purchase + picture of the case warping near the power button and got a replacement case in a timely manner.

They did not ask for the old case back.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Called HP, sent them a fax with my proof of purchase + picture of the case warping near the power button and got a replacement case in a timely manner.

They did not ask for the old case back.
    Hi everyone,

Just joined the community. I registered just to share my disappointment with the official case after only a month of ownership. Mine too also shows signs of warping near the micro USB port.

I just did Chat Support with HP, and they stated I would need to fax a copy of proof of purchase and email them pics of the case warping. However, they also stated that I would need to send back the defective case at my expense. I would return it to the vendor (Amazon.com) but the 30-day window has already expired.

I was wondering did you have to escalate this with a supervisor? I agree with what member eXceLon stated- I'm not willing to pay the price of the case to ship the item back, especially with no guarantee that the replacement will be any better.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinsanity02 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just joined the community. I registered just to share my disappointment with the official case after only a month of ownership. Mine too also shows signs of warping near the micro USB port.

I just did Chat Support with HP, and they stated I would need to fax a copy of proof of purchase and email them pics of the case warping. However, they also stated that I would need to send back the defective case at my expense. I would return it to the vendor (Amazon.com) but the 30-day window has already expired.

I was wondering did you have to escalate this with a supervisor? I agree with what member eXceLon stated- I'm not willing to pay the price of the case to ship the item back, especially with no guarantee that the replacement will be any better.

Thanks!
    Hi vansanity02 - welcome to the community!

I've had the case warping and it got worse over time... BUT... HP still has the cases on sale right now for $4.99 which is much better than having to waste time dealing with a replacement from HP.

Here's the thread with the HP sale links:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...cessories.html
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi vansanity02 - welcome to the community!

I've had the case warping and it got worse over time... BUT... HP still has the cases on sale right now for $4.99 which is much better than having to waste time dealing with a replacement from HP.

Here's the thread with the HP sale links:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...cessories.html
    Hi, thanks very much for the info. That's about the price I paid from Amazon. I'm gonna give support one more try, maybe you just need to be persistent with HP for them to agree to pay for return shipping.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lukehale View Post
    OK, so update on talking with HP on this issue. I started with an online chat, and was given info to fax in my order receipt (ordered it directly from HP.com). I did, using my 3 free pages on PamFax (which worked great, btw, I like that app now). I contacted them again today by phone as I was instructed, and they said this accessory is not available in their "tool" so it would have to be escalated to the main office (I am guessing that means in the US? I dunno). They said they would be giving me a call back. They also took my shipping address (good sign?) They said I might have to ship mine too them before I can get a replacement, hopefully I can convince them not to do that. I am not trying to be cheap and end up with 2, I am very willing to send it back to them. I just would rather not have to do that because then I would have an unprotected Touchpad for that time period, no Bueno.

So, There is a fairly detailed update for you all, I shall let you know more when I know more.
    Hi guys,

My case, which I paid 20 bucks for, started stretching in all the problem areas not even a couple months after I got it (in November). Although I kept all the boxes and paperwork from my touchpad, touchstone, and case, I foolishly tossed out my receipt and have no way to prove my purchase. I cannot buy the $4.99 replacement online as I don't have an online bank account and my parents won't as they already spent so much $$$ on my touchpad stuff. I asked the chat support person if there was an alternate way to prove my purchase and he said no.

Any ideas on how I can replace my case?

p.s. I can't repair it as it stretches out half an inch around the volume rocker and bottom corners.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thank you for the tip about using a hair dryer to mold the case back to "normal." I was able to bend and mold the top right corner (where the power and volume buttons are) so that the warping was no longer apparent.

However, I continue to have problems getting the thin strip by the micro-USB plug to mold so that it does not stick out (as in BMIC50's photo). I will continue to try and heat and fold that area, but I wanted to know if there was any special method that you guys have employed that has been most effective.

Also, as an FYI - my experience with HP Web OS customer service was not helpful. They required that I provide all sorts of information, such as my tablet's serial number, in order to even have a discussion about my complaint regarding the case. At the end of the day, they refused to do anything about my case since I no longer had the receipt (I bought the case from Craigslist, but threw away the original receipt).

In their defense, I understand that HP needs to confirm that the case is within the warranty period; however, how many people thought that they needed to hold onto a receipt for a $20-30 case for purposes like this? I can understand people holding onto receipts for the tablets (or for larger purchase items), but not for a case!

Some people have simply given up and purchased a new case from HP for $5; I guess I'm just stubborn. I'm pretty ticked off that HP made such a crappy product and now won't stand behind it. Surely I'm not the first person to complain to them about the case. For those interested in calling customer service, be sure to call 877-426-3777.

Sorry - just had to vent.

Back on topic - if anyone has a special method for remolding the thin strip where the micro-USB slot is, please let me know!
    Sohan24 likes this.
    Hi, just thought I would say that I had a pretty positive experience. I called up and explained that my case was damaged/ warped and was asked for my serial number for the touchpad, the guy then went away and came back, asked for my address and said I would receive a replacement in the post asap... Strangely he didn't ask for any proof that I actually had bought a case, although it was from the hp site and I registered with the same email address as my tp was registered, maybe they have all that on record...

S
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I got my replacement case from HP but also Fixed my defective case by cutting the area covering the power button and the volume rocker. Now the case is back to a 100% fit.

Also cut the bump above the USB plug.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOL View Post
    Thank you for the tip about using a hair dryer to mold the case back to "normal." I was able to bend and mold the top right corner (where the power and volume buttons are) so that the warping was no longer apparent.

However, I continue to have problems getting the thin strip by the micro-USB plug to mold so that it does not stick out (as in BMIC50's photo). I will continue to try and heat and fold that area, but I wanted to know if there was any special method that you guys have employed that has been most effective.

Also, as an FYI - my experience with HP Web OS customer service was not helpful. They required that I provide all sorts of information, such as my tablet's serial number, in order to even have a discussion about my complaint regarding the case. At the end of the day, they refused to do anything about my case since I no longer had the receipt (I bought the case from Craigslist, but threw away the original receipt).

In their defense, I understand that HP needs to confirm that the case is within the warranty period; however, how many people thought that they needed to hold onto a receipt for a $20-30 case for purposes like this? I can understand people holding onto receipts for the tablets (or for larger purchase items), but not for a case!

Some people have simply given up and purchased a new case from HP for $5; I guess I'm just stubborn. I'm pretty ticked off that HP made such a crappy product and now won't stand behind it. Surely I'm not the first person to complain to them about the case. For those interested in calling customer service, be sure to call 877-426-3777.

Sorry - just had to vent.

Back on topic - if anyone has a special method for remolding the thin strip where the micro-USB slot is, please let me know!
    Seriously, customer service is a joke. I ended up buying a new case, and lo and behold, it warped again! I called customer service yesterday, and, once again, for reasons unbeknownst to me, they requested my serial number for the tablet. They also asked me to email them w/ my proof of purchase, and to call after 24 hours to confirm receipt so that they could proceed with getting me a replacement.

Per their instructions, I immediately emailed my proof of purchase, and waited 36 hours to follow up. I called tonight, and am now told that I need to fax the proof of purchase and to follow up after 48 hours!

Seriously, when I call in 48 hours, will they tell me that I will then have to mail them my proof of purchase? Carrier pigeon? Personal messenger? Geez.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345