Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    I think there may have been a redesign on the case. One of the first posters mentioned cut outs for the power button and volume rocker. Mine, and the photo 2 up have neither. We have a bubble over the buttons. I like it for the fact that it should keep out dust and sand. (here in Florida, it's EVERYWHERE!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TouchDroid? View Post
    I think there may have been a redesign on the case. One of the first posters mentioned cut outs for the power button and volume rocker. Mine, and the photo 2 up have neither. We have a bubble over the buttons. I like it for the fact that it should keep out dust and sand. (here in Florida, it's EVERYWHERE!!!)
    That's how mine is. Still has the USB cutout obviously though.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I just got the newer case which is all black with not cut outs except for the usb. The packaging does not say "folio case" on it. Does HP make 2 different cases or as asked above is this a redesign?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Folks,

I think some of us are being confused. The cut-outs for the micro-USB port and the headphones are NOT the only places suffered from deform. Warping also observed by many of us around the buttons - which are NOT cut-out there.
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    The HP touchpad case is not up to the level of the Apple Smart Covers. The flap covering the screen is flimsy.
    Mine has the same problem by the usb port, but that's it, thankfully. Mi wife's is ok, we got them the same day from the same place
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I have the same three spots. Above the USB port, power button and volume buttons. Really badly warped and bowed out. Really annoying and horrible. I bought the case new from someone on craigslist in USA and I live in the UK. What are my chances of getting a replacement from HP?

wondering if heating up the problems with a hair dryer and bending them in would work?
    The warping on mine seems quite a bit worse than the other pictures shown here:

I think mine is starting to show some signs of this although not nearly as bad as above. I'm not all that worried about it. It's not causing any problems yet and plan to hit it with a blow dryer if it does.
    Same here. I am getting some warping, but not that bad (yet). Tack on my cracked speaker (and worthless web browser), and i am starting to feel like my total $150 spent was not a bargain, but right for the quality...
    SmartFah likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    My case is slightly pulling away from the touchpad near the power button and the volume rocker. It's not huge, but it is enough to be noticed and annoying. I might contact HP for a replacement, but the case in general is great.
    I'm noticing the same thing on mine, but it seems to be getting progressively worst. Last week It was just near the volume rocker, now it has stretched to near the power button as well. It is extremely annoying, and considering I've only had it for about 3 weeks, I'm upset about it.

Do these cases have a warranty as well??? If so, I may just contact HP in order to get one. I really like this case, but the fact that it's pulling away like this (and it looks like it will only get worse), really has me ticked off.
    I'm noticing the same thing on mine, but it seems to be getting progressively worst. Last week It was just near the volume rocker, now it has stretched to near the power button as well. It is extremely annoying, and considering I've only had it for about 3 weeks, I'm upset about it.

Do these cases have a warranty as well??? If so, I may just contact HP in order to get one. I really like this case, but the fact that it's pulling away like this (and it looks like it will only get worse), really has me ticked off.
    They should be under warranty for one year.
    I've been trying to work with HP WebOS support on this, but I haven't heard anything back in awhile.

I called support on Monday and they had trouble understanding what I was even talking about, so they requested I send a picture to an email address they provided me. I sent them the information requested, and never heard anything back.

I'm on hold with them now asking for an update on this.
    I've removed the HP case, squidged it back 'into shape' a couple of times and refitted the case carefully, putting the 'Buttons' end of the TP back into the case first. That helped alot.

I'm not worried and aint getting overly stressed-out about this.. you gets what you pays for!

If it persists, I'll just put a thin little smear contact adhesive in around the offending edges, wipe away the excess and tape it down overnight to cure.. how often do I need to remove the case otherwise? Better than the Desert Dust getting in, anyway!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 10/06/2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Anybody here tried the hair dryer reshaping technique tboy2000 came up with? Wondering that that, perhaps in combination with something to keep it from reoccurring as fast, like double stick tape, contact glue, maybe even hot glue. But I'd probably start off with the tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post

Mine's doing the exact same thing. It started around the volume rocker and now it goes all the way from above the front facing camera to about halfway down the right side of the case.

This case used to cost $50!
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    anyone else getting any warping? Mine is seemingly getting worse. Its in 2 spots. The little strip in between the button and the charger port is bowing up away from the glass, and the upper left corner. The ones in the upper left corner are covering the buttons and like the other are pulling away.
    Mine are the same. Took about a month before this started. Otherwise the case is still very good.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Anybody here tried the hair dryer reshaping technique tboy2000 came up with? Wondering that that, perhaps in combination with something to keep it from reoccurring as fast, like double stick tape, contact glue, maybe even hot glue. But I'd probably start off with the tape.
    Heat is probably a workable solution.. as many moulded plastics have an inherent 'memory factor' that allows them to return to their original form when heated.. but you'd want to make sure it didn't also alter/weaken the elasticity/tensility of the same plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    anyone else getting any warping? Mine is seemingly getting worse. Its in 2 spots. The little strip in between the button and the charger port is bowing up away from the glass, and the upper left corner. The ones in the upper left corner are covering the buttons and like the other are pulling away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Mine are the same. Took about a month before this started. Otherwise the case is still very good.
    Same here, not bad yet but it's started.
    Same here and it started and it looks bad
    Let us know what HP says. I don't have a problem walking into corporate office and giving them hell
    I paid money for this crap and you telling me its already fubared?
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast