Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    OK, so update on talking with HP on this issue. I started with an online chat, and was given info to fax in my order receipt (ordered it directly from HP.com). I did, using my 3 free pages on PamFax (which worked great, btw, I like that app now). I contacted them again today by phone as I was instructed, and they said this accessory is not available in their "tool" so it would have to be escalated to the main office (I am guessing that means in the US? I dunno). They said they would be giving me a call back. They also took my shipping address (good sign?) They said I might have to ship mine too them before I can get a replacement, hopefully I can convince them not to do that. I am not trying to be cheap and end up with 2, I am very willing to send it back to them. I just would rather not have to do that because then I would have an unprotected Touchpad for that time period, no Bueno.

So, There is a fairly detailed update for you all, I shall let you know more when I know more.
    Hopefully they will just send it out to you. With my AC adapter today, they didn't even mention me returning the item and I did this only over help chat from my TP. Thinking they just do a lil extra verification the higher the price gets. I literally told them I didn't even have the adapter with me, but that I had tested at home and the rep was fine with that... Usually they want you to go thru a trouble shooting script with them before approving replacement.

Keep us updates, buy hopefully they ship it out to you and you return. They have been doing it with the crack issue.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Ordered a replacement from Amazon on Monday and it got here today. Boxed up the old one and sent it back via postal yesterday which meant I was using an ipad 1 cover for the past 24 hours--the TouchPad cover is worlds better as it fits snugly. I hope this one does not warp.
    My only complaint is around the USB port. I have even thought about cutting off that small piece, but I find thatnif I don't look at it, it does not bother me. Weird, eh?
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    What is the timeframe of warrenty for the offical case from HP? if I am 4 months in and get warping I am still going to want a new one.. bc seriously 50$ is alot- the "generic" apple ipad case was only like 25$ at launch as this "generic" HP touchpad case is 50$ at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    What is the timeframe of warrenty for the offical case from HP? if I am 4 months in and get warping I am still going to want a new one.. bc seriously 50$ is alot- the "generic" apple ipad case was only like 25$ at launch as this "generic" HP touchpad case is 50$ at launch.
    Looks like the warranty for HP accessories is 1 year.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    not bad...bad if they make you pay for shipping etc tho
    Well, final update on the issue. I was sent an email yesterday telling me where to send my defective case to, and was planning to call them about it today when I got home from work. Well, I walk up to my house, and there sits a package from UPS. . . Replacement case contained. I still need to send back the old one, but I had no idea they sent a replacement already, I was under the impression that mine needed to be returned first(which I was going to call to argue about). Not a bad resolution if you ask me now to the UPS store to send the old one back. I don't actually mind paying to ship it to them, not with this level of service.

Well done HP. . . Now lets see if the issue happens again. I sure hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    anyone else getting any warping? Mine is seemingly getting worse. Its in 2 spots. The little strip in between the button and the charger port is bowing up away from the glass, and the upper left corner. The ones in the upper left corner are covering the buttons and like the other are pulling away.
    Me also. Same spots.
    Has anyone still noticed any warping like some of those photos?

Do you think it's the official HP Case folio doing this? If that's the case (no pun) I would definitely look into other options. Hopefully those that had the warping got things sorted?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Same here!
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    My warping gets worse every day. I didn't try and get a new one because I was going to have to give it back to bb. But they refunded me the difference and now I am keeping it. I need to call hp and work on a replacement.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    No warping here.

Bought it yesterday @ Office Depot ($20) and don't intent on taking the TP out of the case until I get a carbon skin back + screen shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well the TS is passing electricity thru the case so there should be more heat than normal charging.

With that said, my TP lives on the TS and I have not yet noticed any warping in 3 weeks of ownership.
    same, mine pretty much sits on the touchstone as well in its case and i also have a gel skin on the rear as well, no issues as of yet.
    O.K. just to be clear this is the HP folio case with the warping issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    O.K. just to be clear this is the HP folio case with the warping issues?
    Yes.

Are there any good alternatives?
    Yes... If you look online there are all sorts of third party cases....
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well the TS is passing electricity thru the case so there should be more heat than normal charging.

With that said, my TP lives on the TS and I have not yet noticed any warping in 3 weeks of ownership.
    As an electrical engineer I feel an extreme need to jump up and down upon you based on this post. I realize this is OT but that is not what the Touchstone does. The Touchstone generates a magnetic field which induces (hence inductive charging) a current in the device, charging the battery.

Now back to your regularly scheduled griping.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Here is what mine looks like
    Mine isn't warping, yet, knock on wood. As others have started it really appears to be the plastic pulling away at a couple of apparently stress points? I have to ask. My case is black on the outside and gray felt inside like the below pic. Or has the lining come out of the one pictured? The pictures I'm seeing posted here look lighter and some sort of crosshairs pattern inside. I'm wondering is this the same case or has HP changed the design? Or am I just confused, :-D Either way these haven't been out long enough for the warranty to expire so hope you all have good luck getting replacements or refunds and hope I don't have to go there!

Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    Do all HP Touchpad cases have this warping problem after a couple of months of use?

I'm interested in getting the HP case because it appears to be the slimmest option
    out there. (other than using no case at all)

Thanks!
    I hope not. While there were several others reporting it here, seems like if it was really widespread I'd find more references to it than this thread or references to this thread, and I just don't. Maybe just my wishful thinking since I already bought mine, ;-) Oh well there is always the warranty to fall back on if I need it but I'm really hoping I don't.
    My case is slightly pulling away from the touchpad near the power button and the volume rocker. It's not huge, but it is enough to be noticed and annoying. I might contact HP for a replacement, but the case in general is great.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast