Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    General PSA to others though. If you don't need to, don't remove the case too much. I think much of the stretching that happens is a result of pulling the TouchPad in and out of the case a bunch (at least that's how it's been for me).
    I think I've only taken my tablet out of the case once and I haven't seen any of these issues.
    Here is what mine looks like (excuse the photo quality...original Pre's camera):
    This is the charging port

And this is the upper left corner when held in landscape (its hard to see but it waves)
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I think I've only taken my tablet out of the case once and I haven't seen any of these issues.
    I've taken mine out of the case once since I've owned it and still have these problems. I have two Touchpads with 2 cases and both have the same problems. I do use a Touchstone for one but seldom for the other - I don't believe the Touchstone has anything to do with it. It seems to be weakness where the holes in the case are (power button, volume button and micro usb jack). Seems like a design flaw to me. If it doesn't get any worse I can live with it.
    PreCentral: please do a writers review of the various Touchpad cases (and any properly fitting iPad1 cases). Your public demands it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Here is what mine looks like (excuse the photo quality...original Pre's camera):
    This is the charging port

And this is the upper left corner when held in landscape (its hard to see but it waves)
    WOW, mine is not doing that at all.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yeah, just commenting on mine (with regard to removing it a bunch of times-had to for refurbs). Mine looks different & far less severe than the photos here too, so it's possible mine is from removal. I'll see if I can get a good pic.

Any chance you snagged it on something at the USB spot? I'm sure you've thought of that, so don't take it as any kind of negative follow up. Just curious & wondering if we can all figure this out.
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Over a month now, taken it out of the case once, still ok.
    Follow up pic....see top left power button area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Wow this thread just saved me alot of irritation, I would have been livid if I'd bought this case and started having issues like this. Has anyone tried to contact HP for a replacement?
    mine looks like the warp one on the USB port and worse around the power button
    Add me to the list of people with this issue. For me it is exactly the same, the thin piece by the USB port, and also the upper corner where the power/volume keys are. I feel like I could live with it. . . If it weren't a 50 dollar case.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I love mine, but 50$.... It goes back to staples tomorrow.
    Well apparently some people are not having this issue, so it could be again an issues similar to the cracked areas on the actual touchpad, in that it is only happening to a number of them, but not all. Mine is outside the return period now, I think. I will be contacting HP about it, because obviously it is an issue. I would prefer in the end if I could end up up just getting a replacement case without the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Yeah, just commenting on mine (with regard to removing it a bunch of times-had to for refurbs). Mine looks different & far less severe than the photos here too, so it's possible mine is from removal. I'll see if I can get a good pic.

Any chance you snagged it on something at the USB spot? I'm sure you've thought of that, so don't take it as any kind of negative follow up. Just curious & wondering if we can all figure this out.
    No, I haven't snagged it on anything. I use it daily, and its usually in the landscape position. I have only taken it out once. Like I said before, I don't use a Touchstone but I'm in Florida but I doubt the heat played a factor.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    same spots here on my case. Volume/power button and the little strip above the charging port. I got mine from amazon back during the launch I wonder if I can swap mine out..

love the case otherwise!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have a similar problem, was like this out of the box.. it's the top edge, midway between headphone port and camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    mine is much worse then both of those. I need to take pictures. I would be thinking of sending mine back but I altered it. ( I bought sennheiser headphones and didnt want to take the case off or wait to buy a different connecter).

I could understand if the problem was near the headphone jack( which I cut a little ) but its not. I don't buy the heat approach, if that whats causing it, because one of the biggest selling point for these is the touchstone. Its not like the case is aftermarket. It's built by HP specifically for the touchpad. If it is heat then they owe us all a refund. The hp big wig( dont remember which) was arguing the merits of the tp and stated the the reason its not as thin as the ipad is because of touchstone and that they were ok with the trade off. I always charge in portrait mode so even if thats what causing the little one near the button then they should just remove it. But that would not explain the whole corner where the power and volume buttons are to be warping.

P.S. I know people ***** about the *****ing, but from someone that doesn't have a lot of friends let alone one as geeked up as me its nice to be able to ***** to all you *****es about *****ing. BTW I love webos. These " complaints " to me are like telling your mom she has a booger sticking out of her nose. It certainly doesn't mean you love her any less.
    Folks,

I am among the lucky ones with only 1 spot so far... the cut-out for the microUSB connector. I think it is due to its relatively thinness, prone to be deform. The little velcro tab on the back also shows signs of wear after frequent pulling.

But I have seen a loaner unit for bloggers from HP Canada in much worse condition... warp in all corners, connector cut-outs and the velcro tab is almost ripped! It shows we still need to handle it with extra care - better to have a good bag / pouch when carrying around and not likely taking it off ever... too bad because the MSRP is not cheap.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    For the price point, and for what it is... any warping is unacceptable within the short period of use.
    miyanc likes this.
    I need to call back HP today. They left me a message saying it wasn't available for replacement right now, but they can escalate it apparently. I will let everyone know how that goes.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast