Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    if you have an account w/ cdw through your company...check them out...got both case and touchstone for like dirt cheap...dont want to discuss exact pricing and all(i think its confidential...i know insight's have a disclaimer for theirs), but maybe i should've gone through insight they are usually cheaper then cdw for us...hmm oh well.

im happy woot!!!
    I probably could try to order through my university, but I ended up finding that amazon has a pretty low price through one of their sellers.

Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case: Electronics

Go crazy you TouchPad fools! I got my 2x.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Is there anyway to get free shipping? $13 is a lot to buy two cases.
    If you spend $50 at office depot, you get free overnight!
    tim
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    If you spend $50 at office depot, you get free overnight!
    Everything at OD is sold out.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Everything at OD is sold out.
    OK, sorry. I got mine yesterday and didn't realize.
    tim
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks, I ordered one for pickup at Best Buy. I'm crossing my fingers that it works well with the HP case (which should be here tomorrow).

I'm super excited, cause I love my touchstones. Have one in every vehicle, the office, and I'm looking at getting a few more yet. This Pre- is going to have to last me at least until some other phone gets decent inductive charging.
    It works very well with the HP case, very handy
    Office Depot is sold out on-line, but some of the stores have stock, but it's flying out quickly. Staples.com just dropped their price to $49.99 on the Touchstone and $29.99 on the case. I called them and asked if they would price match Office Depot at $10 less each. They told me yes if they could verify stock in my surrounding stores. I had already looked up several stores about 50 miles from me that showed stock and gave them those store numbers. They did the price match, plus the shipping is free.
    Just ordered 2 Touchstones and 2 cases for $103 from BB (with in-store pick up).
    I got an additional discount at check out. You need to put the items in your cart to get that price. Seems like a good deal to me!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Good luck, my order was cancelled with the store actually being out of stock.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovahead View Post
    Just ordered 2 Touchstones and 2 cases for $103 from BB (with in-store pick up).
    I got an additional discount at check out. You need to put the items in your cart to get that price. Seems like a good deal to me!
    Yeah, that is a great price. I would have done that but the BB I ourchased my tp from on Sunday said as soon as the tp's sold out, he was shipping all accessories back. Probably not, in retrospect.
    tim
    best buy has touchstones at 39.99 with instore pickup as an option!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    I just sent an email to HP, asking them if they would refund the $38 difference between what I paid them and what I paid Office Depot for the same product. We'll see.
    Last edited by TimmyB; 08/24/2011 at 01:04 PM.
    tim
    The Manager at my local Staples pricematched the OD keyboard price from just looking at my Pre's browser with the OD price on it. That was the last accessory they had.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Just an FYI for those of you planning to pick it up at Best Buy, pull up the Walmart.com listing on your phone that shows $35.00, and they will generally PM with no problem. Also, if you have any RewardZone certificates to use, definitely do that. I had a $35 cert, and when she applied it, the tax all went away, since using the certificate essentially makes the product price $0. Definitely a nice way to save a few bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    I just sent an email to HP, asking them if they would refund the $38 difference between what I paid them and what I paid Office Depot for the same product. We'll see.
    Get on a RMA chat with them and they -ABSOLUTELY- will.

Just use wal-mart as your example, NOT office depot, as wal-mart is cheaper right now, and spend a couple minutes talking to them. It took a little while, mostly because my "chat helper" lady was moving a little slow. I just sat down with some coffee and browsed the news while keeping the chat open below my browser. Here's my chat log:

Initial Question/Comment: Question about pricing on my order.
    07:10:33 System
    Jocelyn T. has joined this session!
    07:10:33 System
    Connected with Jocelyn T.
    07:10:39 ncinerate
    hello
    07:10:53 Jocelyn T.
    Thank you for contacting HP Home & Home Office Store Chat. My name is Jocelyn. How are you doing today?
    07:11:07 ncinerate
    doing fine, just had a couple questions and I heard I needed to talk to someone at HP to iron it out
    07:11:43 Jocelyn T.
    That's great to know. Let me assist you with that.
    07:12:12 ncinerate
    so here's the issue - I ordered a few accessories for my touchpad - a keyboard and a case. A couple minutes -after- I ordered them, they showed up for sale elsewhere remarkably cheaper. This morning I'm even seeing walmart selling them for less.
    07:12:23 ncinerate
    I attempted to reach someone to cancel my order but was unable to.
    07:12:37 ncinerate
    I've heard that if I contact someone at HP they will adjust the price to match what their resellers are offering the items for.
    07:13:33 ncinerate
    for example, the touchpad case I ordered is now 19.00$ at walmart, and the bluetooth touchpad keyboard is 29.00$
    07:14:05 Jocelyn T.
    Okay.
    07:14:28 ncinerate
    it's enough to write in about since I ordered them for 40.24 for the keyboard and 28.74$ for the case. Roughly 20$ worth of savings.
    07:14:49 ncinerate
    but since I couldnt reach anyone yesterday I just gave up and figured I'd try again thismorning
    07:15:07 ncinerate
    you guys must be getting slammed by calls and chat requests I suppose, crazy weekend.
    07:16:23 Jocelyn T.
    Yes. But it's all right, ncinerate. Here in HP, we value customers like you. We aim to provide our customers the latest technology and the best service satisfaction that we can give.
    07:16:47 ncinerate
    that's nice to hear. so, how do we fix this?
    07:19:23 Jocelyn T.
    Actually, ncinerate. We could not guarantee you the cancellation of your order because once the order is submitted we could no longer change it.
    07:20:10 ncinerate
    I understand. I am fine with receiving the products from you that I ordered. Can you simply refund me the difference in price? I looked online and several people are saying they were refunded the difference by chatting with you directly.
    07:21:13 ncinerate
    It comes out to 20.98$ in total
    07:22:26 ncinerate
    Effectively my order was placed, and almost immediately pricing was released to vendors that was 20.98$ less than I paid. I would like 20.98$ refunded to me to bring the cost of my case and keyboard down to the available price anywhere else (such as wal-mart)
    07:23:01 ncinerate
    thanks for your assistance by the way
    07:23:23 Jocelyn T.
    Can you provide a link where I can see the price difference?
    07:23:34 ncinerate
    sure, one second
    07:24:08 ncinerate
    The keyboard, @ 29.00$
    07:24:09 ncinerate
    Walmart.com: HP TouchPad Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard: Computers
    07:24:27 ncinerate
    The touchpad cover, @ 19.00$
    07:24:28 ncinerate
    Walmart.com: HP TouchPad Case/Stand: Computers
    07:25:35 ncinerate
    thats both of them
    07:26:24 Jocelyn T.
    Let me check on that. can I place you on hold for a couple of minutes?
    07:26:31 ncinerate
    yes, go right ahead
    07:27:39 Jocelyn T.
    May I please have your order number?
    07:28:54 ncinerate
    oh, yes
    07:28:56 ncinerate
    sorry, one second
    07:29:06 ncinerate
    07:29:14 ncinerate
    my order number is ***********
    07:30:04 Jocelyn T.
    For security purposes, please provide me your name, phone number, e-mail address, and billing address we have on file. This is to make sure that I got the right account on my end.
    07:30:28 ncinerate
    Ok
    07:30:52 ncinerate
    ncinerate, ***-***-****, *******************
    07:39:14 ncinerate
    you still there?
    07:39:24 Jocelyn T.
    Yes.
    07:39:29 ncinerate
    ok, just making sure
    07:40:29 Jocelyn T.
    I am further checking on the link that you sent me. Can I place you on hold for a couple of minutes so that I can process you the refund?
    07:40:56 ncinerate
    go right ahead
    07:42:45 Jocelyn T.
    We will be crediting the difference of $20.98 to your card.
    07:42:52 ncinerate
    excellent
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Yeah, ncinerate, I just didn't want to spend another 30 minutes on this. Both times I was on chat with them last week were like pulling teeth. I wanted to try the quick way first.
    tim
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    After over 2 hours on the HP Chat, I finally convinced them to give me a $26 price match. First link I sent was Walmart - no PM because not available. Second was CDW - no price match because not available for 10-12 days. Then, Best Buy - no PM because they can't confirm that the store had the product. Sent another link showing product available in my area - Chat person couldn't figure it out. Finally, after 90 minutes he figures out the price match on the case. Now onto the touchstone - couldn't work the link, couldn't find the three links I had already sent, told me he was done trying to research, blah, blah, blah. Finally he agreed to give me the $26 buck back. Luckily I was able to continue working while dealing with him. It eventually became a game a will power and luck at finding a link with a discount, that showed current stock (at the time mr. chatty researched the link - several times available ran out while on the chat). Now I hope I actually receive a touchpad.

I appreciate the links provided in this thread - that allowed me to send Mr. Chatty to a differnent link when he would come up with a road block.
    Price matched Best Buy with HPShopping.ca and got the Touchstone for $35. Then realized Future Shop was selling for $29.99, so I could've got it for $23. Damn it...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Just got my touchstone from my local Staples.

Price matched walmart. Guy said I had to bring in something in print. So I just took a screen grab of the website and printed it.

Went back, took one glance at it and said ok. Guy was believing anything I said...I shoulda photoshopped it to say $24.99 or $19.99...easily coulda got away with it
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast