Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By FenrirWolf
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I just installed the Fusion of Ideas Carbon Fiber Black Cover and screen protector on my Touch Pad. It comes in two parts: the clear screen protector and the textured back cover. It did not come with good instructions but there a tutorial video that shows an install on an iPhone on their website (Fusion of Ideas Laser Engraving | Professional Laser Engraving and Laser Etching Services for iPad, iPhone, Laptops, Tablets and Cases). The screen protector was installed first. You first clean the screen using the cloth and solution provided. Then you peel the backing from the film and spray the sticky side of it with the solution. You apply it to your screen, clean the excess solution from the edges and use a small squeeze to smooth is out and remove all of the bubbles. For the first I was able all of the bubbles out from under a screen protector (wow). Next I did the back. First cleaning with the solution ( they say not to spray directly on to the device --- spray on the cloth first). You do not spray solution on the backing like you do to the screen protector. Carefully remove the backing on the Black cover, line it up with the back of the TP, and apply. I used the squeeze to smooth it out, apply heat from a hair drier so that it conforms to the curved edges of the TP and it was done. I love it. The textured back is what HP should have applied to the back of the TP in the first place. It feels like the texture of the newer HP laptops. Feels better when you hold it and "no more fingerprint magnet."
    I got the wooden back recently and it's beautiful. I decided to go with Fusion of Ideas because they decided to go plain and simple. I do not like phantom skinz or skinomi trying to go the extra distance with special cuts to try to get the edges.

I'll try to post pics of mine later.

How do you like your nano screen protector? I haven't tested mine under the sun yet. I like how slick it feels, my fingers just glide with ease. In fact too easy. Fingerprints do appear but much less than if it were bare. Don't believe there's a screen protector that completely prevents it. Like I said, love the looks but the price is almost that of HP's case when you factor in shipping costs.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Fusion of Ideas is local to me, so I've actually gone into the store a number of times and paid once for their service. Their carbon fiber film is actually made by 3M, and you can order it on Amazon crazy cheap if you're comfortable cutting your own out with an X-acto knife. A buddy of mine and I ordered some and we've been able to cover about 10 phones and still have some left over. We spent dramatically less than what a company charges for even one of their covers. On the other hand, it's nice to have a laser cut film when simplicity matters.
    Man those covers look nice! Here is the link to the store:

HP TouchPad Covers

How long did it take to put the cover on? How difficult was it?
    Do they let you charge on the touchstone?
    Soorma and ebolamonkey3 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Do they let you charge on the touchstone?
    That's what I'd like to know as well.
    +1 need to know if it works with the touchstone
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    How about compatibility with the HP case? Do you think the skins will stay on?
    i just ordered one seeing as how thin it is it should have no problem with the touchstone.
    Any pictures of the black cover?
    pics please of the install
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Touchstone compatible? Looks nice tho.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Touchstone compatible? Looks nice tho.
    I don't have mine yet, but I would say yes. I can charge my tablet with my leather case with no problem and the case is definitely thicker.