Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By OrionAntares#CB
  • 2 Post By rstark
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    I know, sounds weird. I've been using an iPad 1 with the Apple case for a few months now. I bought the TouchPad on Sunday and the HP case on Tuesday. I read a lot while sitting up in bed before going to sleep.

I noticed the TouchPad is a bit heavier than the iPad 1. I hold the TouchPad mainly by gripping the left side in the palm of my left hand with my fingers around the back and my thumb is holding the top left corner in the front.

Now my grip is not that tight but my left middle finger holds most of the weight. I noticed yesterday morning that a patch of skin rubbed off on my middle finger. I studied my grip last night and the patch of skin is exactly where my finger contacts the case. Today, that missing skin looks shiny.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?
    I noticed a lot of views with no response, so I thought I'd bump it for you. I've had my Touchpad with HP case for 2 weeks and I haven't had any problems. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Buy some Polysporin and apply to shiny area. Cover with band-aid. You should be good as new in a few days. If problem persists, try doing some manual labor for a few days and build some callouses on your hands. Then go back to reading the TouchPad at night.

You shouldn't have any......oh left hand you say?.....learn how to play guitar....that builds great callouses right on your fingertips, which by the sounds of your case, would be perfect. The only drawback I find with those, is sometimes the screen doesn't respond to taps as well with them. but if you're holding in left hand and scrolling around with the right, then it shouldn't be a problem.
    No problems here either, and I get dry hands really easily.
    No problems here.... and I sit at a desk all day. A decent day of yard work or wrenching and my hands are pretty busted up, finger tips handling the TP just fine after almost 3 weeks.

Also isn't the TP only slightly heavier than the iPad2, it is 1 gram heavier than the 3g iPad 1 from the info I can find.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    skin allergies?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  7.    #7  
    I don't have skin allergies. I think its due to the microfiber (I think) that's on the inside of the cover (the side that touches the screen) that becomes the outside when you flip the cover open. Strange.
    Developing leprosy maybe???
    sledge007 likes this.
    LOL, funny but not funny
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Are you sure it's not your Pre's "cheese cutter" that's doing it?
    Last edited by johncc; 08/05/2011 at 05:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    So far when I have been reading, I use the cover to make a stand & haven't had to hold the Touchpad or case--once I get it set up. Seems a bit flimsy at 1st, but I have made 2 different stands that work quite well. The velcro idea holds the case in place quite well.

Don't know if it would be stable enough to do that while sitting up in bed, though.
  12.    #12  
    I guess I just have soft skin. I didn't start reading in bed until I got the TouchPad. I guess I like it so much better than my iPad that I'm using it a LOT more than my iPad.
    Maybe you got into bed after a long time in water or something (eg: shower before bed). That is the only time my skin is soft enough to actually tear (I sometimes just stand in the shower and think about random stuff like college, life, bills haha).
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I do the same ****.... Will stand in the shower thinking.... I get into my head about too much bs though
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I do the same ****.... Will stand in the shower thinking.... I get into my head about too much bs though
    Kind of fun though. Seems like the water washes my problems away for a while
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    LOL