1. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I was on Amazon and saw this case, think i want it for my Touchpad.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch Tablet Computer Wi-Fi: Electronics

It's not out yet but they do have it for the Xoom and it has a lot of good reviews. It's a pre-order for only $35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post

Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for HP TouchPad 9.7-inch Tablet Computer Wi-Fi: Electronics

It's not out yet but they do have it for the Xoom and it has a lot of good reviews. It's a pre-order for only $35.
    Great looking design and i am digging the pockets. But the
    case secures the device by engulfing the bezel, which impedes the swipe-up gesture. And I wonder how sturdy the kickstand will be.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  3. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    good catch...didn't think about that at all. I need to look at some of the reviews for the one they have for the xoom to see if anybody has any issues with the kickstand.
    I think it needs a handle or a strap or both to be practical.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    The swipe-up does not use the bezel but actually a 1-pixel-wide area at the edge of the actual screen. You can test this yourself by swiping only on the bezel; nothing happens. {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    The swipe-up does not use the bezel but actually a 1-pixel-wide area at the edge of the actual screen. You can test this yourself by swiping only on the bezel; nothing happens. {Jonathan}
    Yes, I am aware of this. But in most cases (at least with my big fingers), you have to start off of the screen (on the bezel) to perform the gesture. Cases that cover the bezel may not permit sufficient space for that area to recognize the up-swipe, which will only cause you to scroll upwards.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post

It hasn't even been released yet and they've already slashed the price 50%! It must be selling like crap and they're just trying to get rid of excess inventory.

Seriously though, it's a good looking wallet replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Great looking design and i am digging the pockets. But the
    case secures the device by engulfing the bezel, which impedes the swipe-up gesture. And I wonder how sturdy the kickstand will be.
    Yes exactly my thoughts and why I like my Sena ZipBook Case Mod and updates referenced on webOSRoundup Forum. Let me know what think? Sorli...
  9. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    It hasn't even been released yet and they've already slashed the price 50%! It must be selling like crap and they're just trying to get rid of excess inventory.

Seriously though, it's a good looking wallet replacement.
    Don't know about it being cheap and it looks as if it's selling really well for the xoom. They most likely have the case for other tablets too, just a little late to release the one for the touchpad. I'm going to wait until after the pre-sale to get a look at the final product.
  10. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    That's what i thought while looking at this also, which is why I'm seriously considering it. Looks like there's a dip where the home button is and that's the area I'd most likely use to swipe up from the bezel.

Also seems like it would really protect the device since it has two cases (when transporting with the zip pouch). Unlike a number of other cases that are made like this, it looks like the back of the removable cover is felt instead of the plastic zippy stuff???
    This one.. You can have 4 viewing angles
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I have the Xoom version. i love the zipper outer case, but stopped using the inner case - the scratchy side of the velcro was on the part that goes on the Xoom - so when i was using it in my lap or in bed it was snagging my clothes, bedspread, etc. in fact without the inner case, there was more room in the zipper case to hold papers - bills, coupons, that sort of thing.

the picture of the inner case on this one is different - one large oval piece - hard to tell if it is the scratchy side or soft size. i might have to email rooCase about it, see if this one is the soft side - if so it'd be great and I'll get it for my TouchPad

edit: I am currently using a rooCase for ipad1 with my TouchPad (bought on clearance) and the bezel is pretty well covered but i can still swipe up my cards MOST of the time, there's only been a couple times that i've had to resort to the button - but that is definitely something I am going to keep an eye out for when purchasing a real TouchPad case
  13. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    That's good to hear, i don't have super large hands so I don't think I'll have a problem with swiping up if needed, that's if the cover doesn't block the entire bezel. If all you need to do is touch the first pixel of the screen around any edge, I think I may be able to accomplish that, but then again I haven't used the case so I'm just speculating.

Actually I haven't even used my touchpad yet, it's still sitting in the box taped up. I want to get it covered with some sort of screen protector and shell skin first.
    Can you charge the Touchpad with the Touchstone using this? The original HP case will let you charge even in the case right?
  15. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Can you charge the Touchpad with the Touchstone using this? The original HP case will let you charge even in the case right?
    looks a little too thick for that. I don't plan on getting a touchstone initially, but do plan on buying a skin to protect the touchpad for when it's not in a cover.
  16. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    roocase for TP finally came in...I love this thing. The internal case is too thick to use with the touchstone, but I don't care because i don't have one. It also feels really sturdy in your hands. As one poster stated about the xoom case, this has Velcro on the back of the case so it doesn't feel to comfortable if rub it across your bare leg, but its not too bad.
    I was hoping I wouldn't have problems swiping from the bezel and I don't. It has a groove in the case for the notification button, but the case doesn't get in the way around the rest of the bezel when you have to flip it. It feels really protected when closed and used with the portfolio case which also has a lip on the back that lets you view the touchpad elavated and you can flip the removable case around while elevated to look at the TP in different angles. If you look at the link from amazon, it looks and works exactly like it does in their pictures so its no need for me to have to post any. I broke my phone over the weekend so I can't take any pictures anyway. The lip on the back is held in place with a magnet, and once flipped out, only a little thin fabric strap holds the lip in place but it looks sturdy enough for the purpose it has. The portfolio (zipper case) has slots to hold paper an most like a pad and pin, but if you use the internal case there is not enough room for anything else.

I also have a armorsuit skin on it but will be buying a bodygaurdz one so I can have something that covers the sides of the case more. Hoping that will also protect the TP from getting cracked as mine already has around one of the speakers, happened even though I have the armorsuit skin on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Yes exactly my thoughts and why I like my Sena ZipBook Case Mod and updates referenced on webOSRoundup Forum. Let me know what think? Sorli...
    Got a Sena ZipBook Case (designed for the iPad) on eBay for $20 delivered, which seemed to be about the going price at the time. Yes, I missed the Sellout.Woot deal. No, I couldn't get an hp case or touchstone.

How does the Sena look? It's GORGEOUS. Very professional. And functional. Completely protects the edges, which is my biggest concern (purses aren't always clean in the corners). There's even a cutout for the power button. It fits because, even tho the TP dimensions are slightly larger than the iPad, the TP corners are rounded. It looks custom-fit for the TP.

The only two drawbacks are that the straps cover the speakers slightly (more on the top one than the bottom one, but perforation would help that); and the elastic strap issue that Sorli deals with in the mod referenced above.

As a long-time PDA user, I originally thought I'd be fine slapping a couple of pieces of velcro on the back of the TP and the inside of the case. Not going to happen. So far it is holding up but I can see that the elastic will stretch in a relatively short time. I'm considering a different mod, maybe reinforcing the elastic with more elastic thread, or a single loop all the way across, then tacked down in the middle to itself (sort of a figure-8) to miss the charging port and tictac

It'll be awhile though, I'm having too much fun playing w my new toy to do any sewing!