1.    #1  
    I got the case when I got the touchpad and imediately dropped it in it, I have fears of damage and scratches, and I quite like it, feels fairly good in the hand and doesnt add much gurth to the touchpad.

HOWEVER, I have a pair of cheap panasonic headphones (40ish dollars) that are all right, well they work in a pinch, and I also have a pair of Sure 215s and due to the size of the connector housing it will not fit. For my home use I also have a set of modded Grado Sr80s and that connector also will not fit through the case- the holes too small and the case too thick. Now the 2 latter sound MUCH better and with the touchpad, beats and in general great quality sound its a great disapointment to me that I cant use my better headphones.

I've considered taking a knife like object to it but I do not see that happening, dont want to butcher my case. I cant be the only one with this problem, any non knife solutions?

Edit: Awwwww, the shures sound so good too. And game of thrones is a great tv show, even better book
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    You might see if an extension adapter like one of these will fit, or could be cut down to do so:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=7130
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=648

--John
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    when attach to an adapter, will the sound quality be reduced?
    I don't understand this either. I'm planning on picking up some of these next time they go on sale for $25. Looks like it may not be an issue with this specific pair of earbuds, but I have had issues with other adapters. Think I may go taking a well sharpened knife to the case if I have to. I think it's the only way out until HP decides to make the outside of future cases concave to fit other adapters.
    I have the same thing.. I usually just pull back the corner when I plug in headphones. I don't use them often, so it's a nuisance, but workable.. if you used them a lot, it could be a real problem. I thought about enlarging the hole, but it looks like it could leave that section of the case weakened.
    I have the same problem with my m50s, it drives me nuts but I just take the corner out of the case and deal with it like a grown up.

I'm considering trying to cut away at the area around the headphone port, understandably I'm a little worried I'll screw up the case.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    i tried this adapater
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=7130 but it didn't work. Any other ideas or even recommended highend headphones that do work? I have the shures 5 series and I'm really sad i cant use them with my Touchpad.
    Folks,

Same here with my pair of Shure e4c. However, the included Level Attenuator PA235 virtually serves as an extension cable and fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgso View Post
    I have the same problem with my m50s, it drives me nuts but I just take the corner out of the case and deal with it like a grown up.

I'm considering trying to cut away at the area around the headphone port, understandably I'm a little worried I'll screw up the case.
    Hey, I also have ATH m50's! I was reading this thread before my case arrived and unfortunately I also ran into this issue. I received the case for free though, so maybe I'll take a knife to it
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3