1.    #1  
    Does the touchstone sold in the PreCentral store work with the Pre 3? Or do I have to order a model made for the Pre 3?
    The new Touchstone is a bit bigger, but I'm finding my old Touchstones work fine with my new Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    The new Touchstone is a bit bigger, but I'm finding my old Touchstones work fine with my new Pre 3.
    I can second worked flawlessly with my Pre 3 and Pre- TS

Barry
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Is there a new touchstone for the Pre 3? Mine charges good on the old ones.

BUT: Due to the shape of the Pre 3 it doesn't stick as the Pre 2 did. I did use my TS as car holder:

That was a perfect solution for the original Pre, but the Pre 3 is kind of loose and will probably fall down due to vibrations!

Does the new one (FB338AA#AC3) hold the pre 3 better in place?

https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/St...HP-FB338AA-AC3

Thanks

Marcel
    you could probably throw some bigger magnets in the phone back if you wanted to geek out.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    That Eurostore touchstone has the same sku as the one for the pre2 and Veer:

Eurostore Model Number: FB338AA#AC3
    https://eurostore.palm.com/epages/St...HP-FB338AA-AC3

US Store: HP part: FB338AA#AC3
    HP Palm Touchstone Charging Dock | HP® Official Store

As far as I can tell there is no "pre 3 touchstone"
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Marcel,

Where did you get that nifty bracket for the touchstone?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I was lucky enough to get a European Pre3, but even though the magnet holds tight, I find it will not charge neither on the touchstones that I got for my Pre+ (2 in Germany, 2 in the US) nor on the touchstone that came with my husband's new Veer. It's not quite as irritating as I thought it would be, since HP has done away with the flimsy door to the micro USB port, but I would still prefer being able to plop it on a touchstone. No joy. Nothing happens. At all. Anybody else seen this? Do I really need to buy a special accessory that doesn't even seem to be in stock anywhere?
    Too much editing. Please excuse the double negatives (not neither)!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I currently have only one phone touchstone, but it charges both my Veer and Pre3.
    I dont get where people are saying there is a Touchstone charger for the Pre 3 only. I dont think there is a different charger. The old one should work just fine.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    LOL. The one I have doesn't have a model number, just a part number and it doesn't match either of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I dont get where people are saying there is a Touchstone charger for the Pre 3 only. I dont think there is a different charger. The old one should work just fine.
    I think it's a case of wishful thinking. The back of the Pre3 is a different shape and the touchstone does not hold it as tightly. Consequently it has a habit of falling off at the slightest provocation and it is almost impossible to use it while on the touchstone without it sliding off the sweet spot.

That said, mine charges just fine on both my touchstones if I am careful not to knock it.
    I dont think they would be labeling the thing as "palm" if it was new. I would say they just advertised it as a pre 3 charger. But I havent actually held one to see a size difference. Im just going off my own knowledge. So I may be wrong.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    I bought a Touchstone (FB338AA#AC3) at the German HP Store. It has the same P/N on the bottom and the same Palm logo as my old one. The only difference was the HP branded packaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by grinsekatze View Post
    I bought a Touchstone (FB338AA#AC3) at the German HP Store. It has the same P/N on the bottom and the same Palm logo as my old one. The only difference was the HP branded packaging.
    Going to have to pick one up while I'm in Germany next week. Depending on how much they cost, I may have to grab several.
    There is no specific Pre 3 Touchstone. An Audio Touchstone for the Pre 3 had been planned, but it was never produced.

If it's got a Palm logo on it, it's the same old Touchstone we've had from the start.