Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm considering getting a new bluetooth headset as my current headset (Plantronics Explorer 233) doesn't work very well with the voice dial in 2.1. I'd like to know what others are using and have used, specifically if they work well with voice dial on 2.1.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Am I the only person that uses a blue tooth headset?
    I'm happy with my Samsung WEP810 because it also includes stereo headphones. That means that even when I don't have the stereo attached I can listen to audio and not just voice. But I don't use the Voice Dial so can't say how that works.
    There's about a gajillion headsets to choose from so narrowing it down to a few recommendations is difficult. Might be more productive to ask if there are any headsets to avoid.

Personally I use an old Sony Ericsson HBH-608 because it was bundled with a phone I purchased years ago. But it still works and it works well so I haven't replaced it. Doubt they sell them any more. Also I have a Pixi running 1.4.5 so I have no idea how it works with voice dial in 2.1.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    What I normally do is go to my service carrier store, jot down some models and then look on ebay for similar items. You'd most likely find cheaper and higher quality alternatives.
    I have Motorola HT820 stereo BT headphones and they're quite good, but I can't wear them because they've obviously been designed with smaller heads than mine in mind.

I also have Philips SHB6100 stereo BT headphones, and they're adjustable and therefore quite comfortable, but whenever you hear anything with bass, the sound becomes nearly unbearable. Of course, the only time you want to return something is also the only time you thoughtlessly threw away all the packaging.
    I've had good experience with Jabra so far, just stay away from their lower end ones.

My current ones are BT5020 (now discontinued, it's so good that I kept fixing it after breaking it by sitting on it, didn't want to throw it away) and the Extreme.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    I'm considering getting a new bluetooth headset as my current headset (Plantronics Explorer 233) doesn't work very well with the voice dial in 2.1. I'd like to know what others are using and have used, specifically if they work well with voice dial on 2.1.
    Try the Aliph Jawbone Era. The most rated Bluetooth device. It is good looking, has good sound quality, mainly for A2DP and can run apps. It works well for well for voice dail 2.01
    If you're looking for full stereo, I've had the Motorola Rokr S9 and the Plantronics BackBeat 903/906 (not sure which). I use it primarily for biking. Of the two, I prefer the BackBeat simply because the wire that stretches around your back is flexible. Only problem is I can't seem to get a good latch on my left ear. If I can find a replacement bud that will keep it planted in my ear, it'd be perfect.
    SonyEricsson MW-600 is nice as well if you want to use it with in-ear. It also adds FM radio in case you need it.

See MW600 | Stereo Bluetooth® Headset | Sony | Sony Style USA

Does support track names for stock Music App, not for Remix though due to non availability of the API.