Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hi All -

I'm trying to decide if I should by a case or skin for my new TP. I had originally planned on just getting the HP case given the lack of 3rd party choices, then I started reading about some of the skins and am not really sure what I'm going to do now.

Looking from some feedback from the forum. What do you use? Any problems?

thanks

DC
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have the HP TPad case and think it is great. Besides the obvious protection it provides it is really flexible on the positions it allows.
    I have the case, and like it. It is pricey in my opinion though.
    I have the hp case and i love it, although I also put on the skinomi full body skin too. I love the case functionality, but having just a skin on makes it feel soo much more comfortable to hold to me. I am just using it w/ the skin now & the case for when I need it on the road. At home just the skin works for me best.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    CASE CASE CASE!!!! (its awesome)
    I'm also a case user, and I like the versatility of having it double as a stand and protective covering. I like the creative options that a skin provides, but I'd still have to buy some sort of stand. If the HP case had a detachable flap, it would be perfect.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I'm probably going to do the Gelskins (super thin) and the case. I'll do the case first, though, because the ability to set the TP at an angle is helpful for typing.
    I love my HP case, will probably get at least a screen protector (would like some reduced glare at work and maybe reduced finger prints).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have both. I use a custom skin on all my portable electronics which makes them easy to identify quickly. I also use a case to make sure the screen is protected.

I am looking forward to some new non-black cases becoming available.
    case case case! if nothing else get a case dude. wont regret it
    Ok, so I love my case, but... I wish it had an extra "flap" on the front cover, so that you could fold it back, pop out the flap, and also stand it up in portrait mode (roughly like some picture frames have). That would just be one way to do it, but I'm sure there are better, more ingenious approaches.

Anyhow, thinking about getting the gelaskins, and it's nice to hear that they can be done with the stock case. Is it noticeably thicker/heavier with both on at the same time?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I've haven't found the right case yet, so I've been using various ipad 1 cases I bought cheap, both sleeve style and case style. but for the first time in my very long history of electronics, I bought a skin and now that I have it - i love it! it gets rid of the very visible fingerprints on that glossy back, plus it is unique and pretty now!

I used Custom Phone Covers, Phone Cases & Skins For Electronics | Skinit and uploaded my own photograph of my dog while we were camping in the Sawtooth Mtns (Idaho). The color didn't come out quite right in these pictures, the sky is actually sky-colored

BuffySkinBack by shrxwin, on Flickr

BuffySkinFront by shrxwin, on Flickr
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    I have both. I use a custom skin on all my portable electronics which makes them easy to identify quickly. I also use a case to make sure the screen is protected.

I am looking forward to some new non-black cases becoming available.
    great reason for a skin, and I will probably now be putting them on more of my devices! and same thing with the cases - I want just the right features but also a non-black. One of the ipad cases that I am using now is a fuchsia-pink, it matches my favorite purse almost exactly
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    BOTH!
    Hmmm.. Skinning..
    Question..
    1) Is there a textured skin (something cosmetic to cover the back w/) &
    2) do these skin interfer with touch stand charging?
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDoo View Post
    Hmmm.. Skinning..
    Question..
    1) Is there a textured skin (something cosmetic to cover the back w/) &
    2) do these skin interfer with touch stand charging?
    the one I got is not textured, but is less smooth than the original back. and it is on the touchstone right now, no problems with charging.

Clarice
    One of the members reported dropping his new TouchPad to the ground while it was in its HP case. The case has a scuff mark, but the TPad is fine.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I love my case. My wife actually has it with her for the week while at a rollerderby convention. I'll let ya know how that turns out when she gets back. ;-)