Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    If your not using Beats Audio(tm) headphones, should I turn that option off in the preferences?

Does it make a difference with ordinary 20 in-ear buds?
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Turning the option off is a good idea IMO.

You will notice a difference compared to non-beats devices with the option off. No matter what.

Please refer to the many other Beats Audio(tm) threads for further explanation.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

On my Sennheiser HD 280 there is no difference in sound between beats on in preferences and beats off. I tried out Beats , Shure and Sennheiser HD 280 (you can sometimes get refurb on Amazon for $60) and there was a big difference in sound between the three headphones. Beats sounded a little pumped up, Sennheiser and Shure sounded more clean, with Shure sounding a little brighter. I picked the Sennheiser as the Shure headphones were tight and hurt my head. For the $60 refurb price with warranty it was a great choice.
    Last edited by bluenote; 07/23/2011 at 08:58 PM.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    The idea of Beats is to provide better audio for everyone, not just people with Beats headphones. Although what sounds better to you may sound worse to someone else. Just listen to the audio with and without the option and see which sounds better to you with your headphones.

In addition to hardware consideration, the Beats software option is designed to apply a signature profile to make the audio sound "better". I don't know what this is but it could just be EQ settings or something cleverer like BBE audio processing.

On my BOSE phones Beats enabled provides a punchier bass, which is great for electronic music.
    using some decent but cheap generic over the ear headphones, the wife and I both noticed deeper bass with beats on vs off
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have a set of Bose headphones that sound amazing with the Beats audio chipset. I wouldn't be caught dead with the beats headphones as they are made extremely cheap and dont sound as good as the Bose I have.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I have a set of Bose headphones that sound amazing with the Beats audio chipset. I wouldn't be caught dead with the beats headphones as they are made extremely cheap and dont sound as good as the Bose I have.
    That's interesting. I've heard other people say the same thing about BOSE headphones in general.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    That's interesting. I've heard other people say the same thing about BOSE headphones in general.
    I have the Bose QuietComfort 15, they are the best out there. I never get cut-out like beats audio headsets.

Dont take my word for it, look at human review. Bose Quiet Comfort 15 OR Dr. Dre Monster Beats - CNET MP3 players Forums
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    I don't buy expensive headphones... over my life I have bought far too much expensive car audio and home audio gear.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    mlkmade likes this.
    We are all deff obviously and the only person who can hear is Dr. Dre. He can obviously hear the difference so we should all pay him money for the privilege of having a device that is better according to him. As simple as that.

But, there really is no point of the turning off and on of the Beats. It doesn't save battery or make the device faster, and if anything makes the headphone jack worse. So this thread is pointless as of this post and the rest is just a bunch of rambling users (like me) who are just having a conversation. So join this pointless conversation or quietly walk away. :P
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I have the Bose QuietComfort 15, they are the best out there. I never get cut-out like beats audio headsets.

Dont take my word for it, look at human review. Bose Quiet Comfort 15 OR Dr. Dre Monster Beats - CNET MP3 players Forums
    It's the bose home audio speakers that are proven by science itself to be a ripoff and waste of money. Their headsets are the same as everyone else's as far as I'm concerned.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    But, there really is no point of the turning off and on of the Beats.
    But there is a point, the audio sounds different depending on whether Beats is enabled or not. Which mode is better however is a pointless argument...because it's entirely subjective.
    Turning on option makes bass hit a bit harder. I use Pioneer HDJ 500 Over ear Headphones n they sound nice. just wish it was a tad louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    It's the bose home audio speakers that are proven by science itself to be a ripoff and waste of money. Their headsets are the same as everyone else's as far as I'm concerned.
    But as for actually testing the different headphones. Nothing compares to the QuietComfort 15, the Beats headsets all have cutout, rattle at high octaves and dont cancel out the noise as good. My QuietComforts 15 headphones are amazing... EVEN AT THE GUN RANGE.

AS FOR LOUDER... Get the volume patch in preware. Makes a bit of difference.

But as for actually testing the different headphones. Nothing compares to the QuietComfort 15, the Beats headsets all have cutout, rattle at high octaves and dont cancel out the noise as good. My QuietComforts 15 headphones are amazing... EVEN AT THE GUN RANGE.

AS FOR LOUDER... Get the volume patch in preware. Makes a bit of difference.
    I have to agree that bose home audio are a complete ripoff. Car audio is a joke too. The bookshelf 301's are "decent" but still way over priced.

However, I will also agree that the quietcomfort headphones are very good. I wouldnt call them the best, but I would call them better than beats which to me sound lumpy and inaccurate. The bose seem quite accurate and also spacious. And they are also very comfortable.
    In professional audio the saying is "no highs, no lows- must be Bose!"
    This Beats Audio does grate me a bit, from what I understand its being sold by Pre as he's sick of MP3s not having all the depth of the original recording. Its simply not possible to put that back, once a file has been compressed to MP3 that sound is no longer there. I'm not against mp3 as a format, for 90% of people its perfectly suited. Try putting an mp3 file through a professional rig and you can usually tell the difference from a CD.
    Bose, Beats, Monster... All are over-hyped, massively over-priced brand names that manage to stay relevant by tricking consumers into believing that they are somehow worth the MSRP. NONE are. Bose invented this game.
    Touchscreens are a fad.

For future reference, CNET is about the last place you should look for reviews of just about anything. Those Bose headsets are fine, and I would agree that they are better than Beats, but they are also very overpriced for what you get.

I am currently using Pioneer HDJ-1000s, and with them the biggest difference is slightly increased bass with beats enabled.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    For future reference, CNET is about the last place you should look for reviews of just about anything. Those Bose headsets are fine, and I would agree that they are better than Beats, but they are also very overpriced for what you get.

I am currently using Pioneer HDJ-1000s, and with them the biggest difference is slightly increased bass with beats enabled.
    Ok, seriousely... Enough with the downtalk. If you read my last post I said "as for testing the different headphones" meaning I tested them to compare. As for the CNET thing. Most people "like you" do not take anyones word and need reviews in mass quantity to make decisions. Just chill with the BS comments and lets bring the OP's original post back to light.

Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    In professional audio the saying is "no highs, no lows- must be Bose!"
    This Beats Audio does grate me a bit, from what I understand its being sold by Pre as he's sick of MP3s not having all the depth of the original recording. Its simply not possible to put that back, once a file has been compressed to MP3 that sound is no longer there. I'm not against mp3 as a format, for 90% of people its perfectly suited. Try putting an mp3 file through a professional rig and you can usually tell the difference from a CD.
    Agreed. I stopped using mp3 a long time ago, now its nothing but flac/wav. Of course the drawback is file size but if they are streamed it helps that problem. And even cd's are still compressed audio from the original source.

The consumer masses has killed the ability to get audiophile quality at decent prices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast