1.    #1  
    Anyone know if the Palm Bluetooth Keyboard is compatible at all with the Touchpad?

I happen to own a new one and was messing around with it today, but couldn't put the drivers on the Touchpad and probably wouldn't have tried if I could. If its possible though, it would be worth saving the money for the Touchpad Bluetooth Keyboard and perhaps getting a homebrew driver set. Thanks.

Mods: Not sure where to put this thread...its kind of accesory related, but yet app related, yet... Please feel free to move where it makes the most sense.
    All for One and One for All!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Bluetooth protocol is standard w/o need of drivers. Others have succeeded pairing third party BT keyboards on the TP (do a search) so I don't see why the Palm BT keyboard would not work with TP.
    I was able to do it just now with my old Palm Bluetooth keyboard. The trick was to type the pairing code (0000) first on the Touchpad and then on the keyboard while they were in pairing mode. Not perfect, but the basic letters and numbers work, along with Tab and the arrow keys. I just saved myself $70.
    I found a video on this site pairing a BT keyboard with a phone, and there's 1 more key to press. After entering 0000 on the BT keyboard, you need to press <Enter>.

It's nice having cursor keys again.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kseaston View Post
    I was able to do it just now with my old Palm Bluetooth keyboard. The trick was to type the pairing code (0000) first on the Touchpad and then on the keyboard while they were in pairing mode. Not perfect, but the basic letters and numbers work, along with Tab and the arrow keys. I just saved myself $70.
    I may have to try it. I want the touchstone and keyboard, but the price is outrageous for both.
    My problem is my TP won't detect an iPAQ folding keyboard as a keyboard ("No devices found.") But will detect it as "other." After typing in the passcode "0000" and hitting "Next" it seems to accept it as a device (other passcodes note "pairing failed"). But as an "other" device, it won't work as a keyboard.
    Yeah, I'm getting the same results with my iPAQ folding keyboard.

I don't have any other Bluetooth devices, so I'm wondering if there's any way to hack in and redirect any "other" devices to the Bluetooth keyboard handler.

(should a mod merge the threads about this?)