1.    #1  
    Has anyone looked on ebay for cases?

I came across the following:

Leather Stand Folio Case Cover for HP TouchPad Tablet | eBay

I wasn't sure what to think of it.

From the reviews I have read about the HP case, I am afraid to get it and have cracks around my speakers. Plus I don't believe in paying $50 for a case, not unless it does the dishes.
    I don't know anything about that case there on eBay, but it does have a magnetic flap! That's a nice feature the HP case lacks.
    I wonder on cases like this if the edges of the case which cover the frame around the edge of the screen will restrict the up-swipe gesture.

anyone have any experience with the cases?

can't tell if that case has openings for the speakers?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    If you want an inexpensive leather case for your touchpad I suggest you check a Verizon store near you. I picked up a technocel leather folio case for 10 bucks today. It is for an ipad 1 but fits the touchpad well. It has tabs that hold the touchpad so the bezel and edges are exposed, and you can fold the cover to create a stand. I read about it in another thread and when I went to the Verizon store they had it marked for 49 bucks but I had them check and it came up as 9 something. Worth a check for a good quality case for cheap. Technocel leather display folio.
  5.    #5  
    I tried a best offer of $10 with free shipping and they took it. So I will let you know how the case is when it comes in.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Neither one of those seems to have the cutout for the light sensor in the upper right corner (if you hold your TP vertically). Also, the rounded scoop in the case for the button seems to be more for the Ipad. And lastly, I couldnt tell if it had the stereo speaker cutouts. Definitely give us feedback for those who gets one.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Do either of these cases support charging on the Touchstone?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  9.    #9  
    It came in today. This case fits great. All of the cutouts are in the right place. There are two pics that show the speaker cutout. I can't tell on the light sensor yet. I just got it 2 minutes ago.

The other nice thing is the cover stays shut. The magnets on the cover are great, when lined up.

As a stand it stands up well too.

For Touchstone users:

It charges on the touchstone, without the cover folded back, AND with it folded between the TP and TS.

I have some pics to show you.

Also, my pen/stylus fits in the case with the TP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't understand or see the vertical stand mode.
    How do you do swipe ups with those things?

I always like the natural beauty of these gadget, so no cases, just screen protectors.
    Not bad at all. Thought I would think that case would block any sort of gestures, right?
  13.    #13  
    The gestures are not confined when using your finger(s). However, I have found that it will take some learning to be able to use the stylus for the swipes up to minimize or dismiss. But then I could just press the button on the bottom.

I am still adjusting to it, and using it. So I will keep people up-to-date on any additional findings. But for $10 I really couldn't go wrong. I spend that on coffee every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidjestr View Post
    The gestures are not confined when using your finger(s). However, I have found that it will take some learning to be able to use the stylus for the swipes up to minimize or dismiss. But then I could just press the button on the bottom.

I am still adjusting to it, and using it. So I will keep people up-to-date on any additional findings. But for $10 I really couldn't go wrong. I spend that on coffee every day.
    OK, that's good. Thanks for the updates and I'm real glad you are happy with it. Looks like it's a decent case to get if you can't splurge for the official HP case.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    If you are in teh UK, you may want to take a look at this..

Daffodil IPC850 Leather Case and Stand for Apple iPad: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

4.49 and free delivery with Amazon prime, not bad....
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9