Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I've loved my TouchPad the last couple of weeks, and have picked up the keyboard and a TouchStone for work and one for home (ironic since it rarely needs charging - my phones trained me otherwise!).

More often than not the TS at home will continually give me the "charging" notification, which interrupts Exhibition and gets pretty annoying. I've moved it to different outlets and tried different combinations of what apps are open or not when placing on the TouchStone, no pattern has emerged. The TouchStone at work is fine which tells me my TouchPad probably isn't the problem. If I'm not describing it well, here's a very short video taken with my Pre 2, you can see the notification but probably not hear the dinging sound that goes with it!

I've got 9 Cell TouchStones scattered around various cars and rooms and never had that problem with any of our webOS phones (total of 4) but it does sound like a familiar problem (see thread), is anyone else having this issue?

Any input on whether I should exchange it through Amazon or HP?

Thanks, Clarice
    Check the "barrel" plug (the part that plugs into the wall socket). These have been known to come loose. There are 2 parts that twist together, try tightening it and see if that solves it.

You can also try the barrel that came with the TouchPad and see if that works. If the other one owrks, you got a bad barrel, which HP knows is an issue and has been replacing when reported.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Check the "barrel" plug (the part that plugs into the wall socket). These have been known to come loose. There are 2 parts that twist together, try tightening it and see if that solves it.

You can also try the barrel that came with the TouchPad and see if that works. If the other one owrks, you got a bad barrel, which HP knows is an issue and has been replacing when reported.
    Thanks for the tips, I'll give that a try before pursuing a return.

and gizmo, thanks for the links, I'd read through those (and linked to one of them). Since this is a different product I thought a new thread would help bring to light whether it's a common issue (like the crack many of us have next to our speaker!) or hopefully just a one-off

Thanks again for the input, I'll report back in a day or so with how the barrel check/swap turns out! Clarice
    I always had that problem if my pre wasn't lined up on the touchstone. Replacing it and feeling the magnetic tug usually fixed it.

Still happens if I hasten it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    final update: using the barrel plug from my TouchPad as well as having my 2 TouchStones side by side, swapping plugs, etc, I confirmed it was the one TouchStone that was a problem. I have an RMA from Amazon and they are shipping my replacement overnight. I haven't reported it to HP, I'll leave that to Amazon! Thanks for the input. Clarice
    Just got my touchstone. It doesn't do a constant charge when the touchpad sits in landscape mode. Sucks ***. I've been waiting forever for this charger and its defective.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    I had this kind of issue with my Pre2 when it was correctly attached. I returned the Pre Touchstone as faulty.

My TouchPad TouchStone works perfectly. I love how the strong hinge and rubberised feet mean I can recline it on my desk and type on the screen.
    With Touchstone went up 2 pts in ten minutes from 58 to 60, seems awfully slow. Was not using device, screen brightness at half, bluetooth on but not connected to another device, j-stop auto gc on too. (tried both barrels I have)b

Yep, wall charger charged abt twice as fast.

Is this normal? Seems awfully slow.