Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Skins for HP TouchPad | GelaSkins

Of course it was not a surprise, but white or black will not matter as much when I will be ready to get mine...
    nice ones.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Nice find. I did see skinit.com also has some skins and you can create your own also.
    So, does the gelaskin include a screen protector? I'm afraid I couldn't tell. It says it covers the front and back.

If it doesn't, can anyone recommend a good screen protector for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    Nice!

But what I really want is the patch that they have that gives me 7 icons in the launcher bar!

Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I just got the HP TP case, expensive but certainly protects the back. Check out Amazon for screen protector, I think they are about 13 but a real pain to get on the screen without those really annoying bubbles!
    I'm confused. What do they mean "it covers the front and the back of the touchpad."? I see it in the rendering above. Is the front a removable cover, or is it a front cover like on the stock case?

Clearly I don't want graphics on my screen.. just trying to figure out how this thing works. The website isn't very helpful either..

Just an afterthought.. I like the rubbery quality of the stock case, but it's not compatible with the orientation of some apps, and I wish its stand supported portrait orientation. I know this skin will do neither. Just a little frustrated with the options righ now..
    Last edited by Saltcreep; 07/19/2011 at 02:17 PM.
    It is basically just a plastic (mylar?) sticker.
    You stick it to the back (covers the whole back).
    The front will cover the bezel and button. They also send along a wallpaper that fills in the screen portion to make it all one continuous image.
    I'm assuming that these are TouchStone compatible?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Skin it has loads of different styles! Getting throwback Patriots! Already have Yankees on my Pre minus!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I ended up getting a skin from Invisible Defenders through Amazon.

Amazon.com: invisibledefenders touchpad: Electronics

They had a ton from which to choose. Applied VERY easily, with no bubbles. The matte finish leaves no greasy fingerprints. I got a dark skin to blend in with the Touchpad's natural black color.

The InvisibleDefenders skin is $18 Gellaskins are $30. They are both printed vinyl.
    Nice... cool that you can create your own with your own artwork too. Strange site though.. it shows the skins going over the front of the screen too. Hopefully that's just the graphics guys being lazy.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nice... cool that you can create your own with your own artwork too. Strange site though.. it shows the skins going over the front of the screen too. Hopefully that's just the graphics guys being lazy.
    Actually they create a matching wallpaper the makes the front look like the artwork continues over the screen. Cool huh?
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Actually they create a matching wallpaper the makes the front look like the artwork continues over the screen. Cool huh?
    That could be cool looking when the device is off... but does it get in the way when the screen is on and you are using it?
    That could be cool looking when the device is off... but does it get in the way when the screen is on and you are using it?
    If this is a joke, then, Haha. If not...[sigh]
    Hellooo - NNNewman! LMAO
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Yes.. it was a joke... slow crowd today. <<insert Rodney Dangerfield impression>>
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Nice!

But what I really want is the patch that they have that gives me 7 icons in the launcher bar!
    good catch on that image - I want that too!

regarding Skins, I had no desire for one on my Kindle or Xoom but I will be looking through the options on the three brands mentioned here and picking one for my TouchPad - it's worth the extra cash to be even prettier!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast