Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've read all the threads on car chargers that seem to work with the Touchstone charger. I would like to hear which ones have been in use for more then 6 months without any problems. Been looking at some of the chargers that sit flush in the outlet which I would prefer. I did try the Griffin charger that is sold at Wallyworld but she didn't work. Was gonna do the solder trick with the 2nd and 3rd pins on the Griffin but not so sure how safe that would be. I really want to use a straight instead of a coil cord so I can hide it under interior panels. I'm installing this in a 2010 Edge and running the charger from the center armrest compartment to the dash.
    If you're hiding it under panels, have you considered running from the battery directly?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post2933834

I run power from the BCM of my car so it shuts off with the car combined with the original Palm charger. You can get those cheap online, dismantle it and solder two wires to it.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 07/19/2011 at 09:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Didn't want to run it directly to the battery cuz I can run the wire right from the outlet in the center console. I just stopped by a local At&t store and picked up a stock Palm charger for 5 bucks and it seems to be working so far. It's the charger that comes with the straight line cord.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I use a Motorola Car Charger I got from ebay cheap. It's worked great with the Touchstone.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Ashy, your avatar is kinda freakin me out!