Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crabbz
  • 1 Post By prdamrican#AC
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I saw on an interview with HP that touchstones were going to have personalities, so you could have one in your office that showed a calendar, and one in the living room that showed pictures etc.

I can't see anything in exhibition that would allow such settings.

anyone know if this functionality is still planned or not?

cheers,

greg
    It wasn't clear whether that would be part of the TouchStone that comes with the TouchPad, or a new TouchStone that would be coming out for the phones.

Mode Switcher is such an elegant solution, that I'm hoping webOS will enable that sort of thing someday.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I think I read somewhere that it remembers the last exhibition mode used on each touchstone. So instead of any preferences it just goes to the last mode used for the touchstone it is on. Not sure though, so you might want to experiment if you have access to more than one.
    JLegacy likes this.
    I have a TP and two touchstones for it (one at home, one at the office). I can confirm that it's automatic... it remembers the last exhibition mode you set for each location. Pretty cool.
    JLegacy likes this.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    This news makes me want another Touchstone.

Gggggr! Must be strong!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I can confirm it does indeed just work. I have touchstone at work and at home and went searching for what I though I was going to have to configure. After a while, I finally gave up and just set the exhibition mode to what I wanted at home. When I returned to work, I was surprised(ish) to find that it just remembered the touchstone all on it's own and started up with exhibition mode I had set before I left the office. Awesome!

That said, I would love to have the ability to configure my touchpad to have few other different settings. For instance, at work I keep my touchstone locked (too many jokers) but at home I'd rather not deal with the hassle. It would be great if when my touchpad first lands on the work touchstone, it would activate the lock without me needing to do so manually. Then the lock would stay in place until I got home and placed it on the touchstone there and unlock (I would actually be ok with this happening automatically, but it would probably be nice if the unlock had on option to require the password to unlock once on the home touchstone)
    Makes me want another TS.....
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I go back to work in a week and will find it hard to resist picking up a second TouchStone. The real question is how will people look at me with 2 keyboards on my desk...
    lol
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yea this is an awesome feature. We need to have commercials showing this technology off.

I have one in my office and another in my living room. The one in the living room is setup to display pictures and the one in my office just uses the clock. It will be nice when there are more quality exhibition apps to choose from. I can imagine one for xbox live friends list. (I know thats a reach but it would be nice).