Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by taxi View Post
    I just installed the Boxwave anti-glare protector... A little too expensive but I used the credit I had from Amazon to justify the purchase. The install was easy (it's a dry install) Much easier than Zagg or Skinomi which i have on other products. I can't find any bubbles remaining so I am happy with the install so far. I'll wait for it to cure overnight to see the final results. The application card that came with the Boxwave was very flimsy so I switched to a credit card which made the install easier...
    let us know how it does in the sun..
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I absolutely swear by the quality of boxwave. They make a TP cover, it isn't a wet mount but dry mount that always looks clean and has no residues.

a little more expensive but a better product in my experiance (phones) but I imagine it's as true for tablets as well.

HP TouchPad ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare HP TouchPad screen protector and enhancement
    I used boxwave screen protectors with my Treo Phones. When I got my Pre Plus, the anti-glare protector made my screen look funny. The colors looked so unnatural. To me it was bothersome. I have been using phantomskinz for over two years and have it in my TouchPad. It does not feel as smooth as my Pre 2 protector, but it will get the job done. Boxwave does have The best anti-glare screen protector on the market. If anyone does get a boxwave protector, please post your thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    I mentioned above the BodyGuardz anti-glare screen protector and how I felt it worked very well, and after being able to test it some more outside, I still stand by it as a recommendation.
    Thanks @bhughes719 for the recommendations, after reading this thread and ordering my Bodyguardz, I'm very pleased with it so far! I'm going to try it out a bit more and see how it goes, but it seems to do the job.

I wrote up a mini-review of Bodyguardz filter along with pics comparing the TP w/ and w/o it indoors and outdoors. I also threw up a few pics of my Nook for comparison too. Check it out here: Mirror, mirror on my tablet... ~ Living the Touchpad Life
    Thanks!
    Matt aka .T.P.L.

Visit my blog: "Living the Touchpad Life"
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    let us know how it does in the sun..
    I like the Bozwave. In the Sun the colors are washed out but you don't see a reflection of yourself.
  5. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I ordered an anti-glare screen protector from Amazon and finally got a chance to install it. The brand was Acase and it came in a pack of three for about $20 shipped. I took the advice from another member and installed it in the bathroom with the shower on, which I must say, worked really well as I did not get any dust particles under the protector once installed. This is a huge plus since this protector is one of the static cling type. Installing in the bathroom with the shower on also awarded me the ability to remove and reapply the protector a couple of times without worrying about getting anything under the screen. I had to use the application card and microfiber cloth to remove any air bubbles, but the whole process took under 10min. Took it out in the sun once applied and it seemed to work well as long as you looked at the screen at an angle. I've had anti-glare protectors on a number of devices and they all seemed to react the same way, so I'd say this brand is a keeper.
    just received my 3 pack of Acase protectors today
    was dreading applying after reading all the horror stories of those who try to apply these but found it fairly easy .... had success on my first application so still have 2 left for future use
    have a small air bubble at the bottom edge of the screen but it is barely noticable and will hopefully go away

not sure that I shouldn't have gone with the clear/invisible as the matte/antiglare/anti fingerprint ones do dull the nice looking screen/display
    hows the Acase for handling fingerprints?
    Last edited by crucialcolin; 08/30/2011 at 04:51 AM.
  8. dxl
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    just received my 3 pack of Acase protectors today
    was dreading applying after reading all the horror stories of those who try to apply these but found it fairly easy .... had success on my first application so still have 2 left for future use
    have a small air bubble at the bottom edge of the screen but it is barely noticable and will hopefully go away

not sure that I shouldn't have gone with the clear/invisible as the matte/antiglare/anti fingerprint ones do dull the nice looking screen/display
    Thanks for the info, I just ordered this the other day and while I hate to dull the display I'm really wanting to limit the amount of finger prints - it's amazing what a 4 year old can do to the screen in a short period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    Bodyguardz just released a whole selection of TouchPad related protectors, including HD Anti Glare screen protectors, their regular anti scratch screen protectors, full body protection and an Armor Carbon Fiber skin for the back which includes a screen protector (and looks amazing). I've used Bodyguardz on all of my Pre Plus, Pixi and Pre 2 and absolutely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a high quality screen protector. You get lifetime replacements also, so if you ever need to replace your TouchPad, you can just send your old protector in and they'll send you a new one.

Link to Bodyguardz TouchPad Products
    Thanks for the heads up on this brand, although I already bought a screen protector from another random company I'm going to try and return it and get some products from here instead.

Anyone have any coupon codes or anything for Bodyguardz?
    Last edited by Alec; 08/30/2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    hows the Acase for handling fingerprints?
    in the short amount of time I have used the TP with it on I don't see a problem with it retaining fingerprints
    Jonnie likes this.
    Thanks that's good to know as its probably one of the main reasons I'm thinking about getting a screen protector myself. Not to sure I need the anti glare aspects of one.
    in the short amount of time I have used the TP with it on I don't see a problem with it retaining fingerprints
    I'm a little confused after reading all the threads.

Which one resists fingerprints better? The clear one or the anti-glare one?

Thanks!
    I bought and installed the Griffin and I do not like it at all. It hardly makes a dent in the glare department, it attracts fingerprints twice as fast as the naked screen and my fingers don't glide very smoothly on it at all. I think I'll return it and just go without now that I have the HP case. I can't imagine the screen ever getting scratched from my fingers.
    brum likes this.
    For those with one installed already, could you post some pictures of your TP with it on?
    I ended up ordering the clear Acase screen protectors for Touchpad.

It was delivered this morning. There are three protectors which makes
    it about $5 per protector. Not bad.

As I have a lot of experience with this type of screen protectors on my
    smartphones, the first thing I did was turning on the shower in the
    bathroom. Dust is the number one enemy of this typs of static screen
    protectors.

After the bathroom was hot and steamy, there was very little dust.
    I proceeded to clean the screen glass of the Touchpad with a 3M
    microfiber cloth. I shined the glass with a 100w reading light
    right over the Touchpad. This is to help me find any little dust
    particles. I went over it several tims and got almost everything.

Next, I lined up the protector by aligning the sides and the holes
    for the camera & home button. Once it's aligned correctly, I
    work from the middle and gradually push out to the edges.

It was 99% perfect. I missed one little piece of dust and it
    caused a very tiny bubble. No matter how hard I tried, I can't
    get rid of it. I just left it alone, as lifting the screen protector
    up might have attracted other dust particles. The tiny bubble
    is so tiny and I can't see it with the screen on.

Last, I removed the upper layer of the screen protector. Done.
    Very clear and smooth. I tested by using Draw It and other apps.
    Swiping also worked fine.

Now I just have to do my other Touchpads tonight.
    If the dust particle is anywhere near an edge, I've had pretty good luck removing them using scotch tape. First mark the spot with a small piece of tape, use one piece of tape to lift the edge, and another tape to remove the dust. Just lift a little and slide the other tape in and then remove.

Of course that best done in the same dust free place where the protector was done in the first place to minimize adding new dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    I'm a little confused after reading all the threads.

Which one resists fingerprints better? The clear one or the anti-glare one?

Thanks!
    Anti-Glare, Anti- Fingerprint, Matte ..... not three seperate protectors, just 1
  18. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Anti-Glare, Anti- Fingerprint, Matte ..... not three seperate protectors, just 1
    the Acase matte anti-glare protector has been working fine in that regard for well over a month. Makes the screen a little dull but no fingerprints and no glare.
    I've always used Power Support anti-glare shields on my iPhones. I was looking for the same look and feel for my Touchpad and these are it. Another vote for the Acase matte anti-glare protector.
    Any suggestions on how I can purchase the Acase matte anti-glare protector here in Canada?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast