Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 71
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I bought it assuming The TouchPad is the same size as the iPad1.
    Awesome. Please let us know how it is! I'd like to pick one up too if it fits alright.
  2. #22  
    Has anyone used Fusion of Ideas' Stealth Armor. I kind of like the fact that they leave the sides out (unprotected), just a personal preference as I like the look. Thinking about getting:
    StealthArmor | HP TouchPad Cover | TouchPad Screen Protector
    or
    StealthArmor | HP TouchPad Cover | TouchPad Screen Protector

    Don't know why, but somehow I'm leaning more towards the leather skin. I need to see actual pics, as site images seem artificial.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Has anyone used Fusion of Ideas' Stealth Armor. I kind of like the fact that they leave the sides out (unprotected), just a personal preference as I like the look. Thinking about getting:
    StealthArmor | HP TouchPad Cover | TouchPad Screen Protector
    or
    StealthArmor | HP TouchPad Cover | TouchPad Screen Protector

    Don't know why, but somehow I'm leaning more towards the leather skin. I need to see actual pics, as site images seem artificial.
    I'd love to see the leather case on a real touchpad. Looks real good!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Yes - Griffin makes a screen protector that works rather well with glare. I got one at Walmart for around $17.

    I've seen others at Best Buy that were around $30. I'm not sure why that would be almost twice the cost. I couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the Griffin.
    So I picked one of these up and applied it right out of the package and I had a dew dust speckles trapped underneath. So today, I took it off and washed it with some dish detergent and dried it (as best as possible) with a chamios. The dust specks multiplied! Any help would be greatly appreciated...tips, tricks, etc.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    So I picked one of these up and applied it right out of the package and I had a dew dust speckles trapped underneath. So today, I took it off and washed it with some dish detergent and dried it (as best as possible) with a chamios. The dust specks multiplied! Any help would be greatly appreciated...tips, tricks, etc.
    I can't remember off the top of my head who suggested this, but it was in the forums... you can use clear packing tape to get the dust off of the protector.

    My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    Hi guys, I had an anti-glare protector on my ipad 1 and i found it was pretty essential. Are there any out for the TP yet? The one I had for my ipad was a griffin and it was really easy to apply.

    I wasn't sure if I wanted an anti-glare screen protector but man this thing is a glare and fingerprint magnet.

    Thanks!
    I ended up getting the Bodyguardz Anti-Glare screen protector and it works pretty well.

    My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Yes - Griffin makes a screen protector that works rather well with glare. I got one at Walmart for around $17.

    I've seen others at Best Buy that were around $30. I'm not sure why that would be almost twice the cost. I couldn't tell much of a difference between it and the Griffin.
    I just picked up the Griffin at my local Wal-Mart, haven't put it on yet though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I just picked up the Griffin at my local Wal-Mart, haven't put it on yet though.
    I originally purchased the Griffin one when I first got the TouchPad and I didn't like how it didn't cover the small space below the home button. It's not a major issue, I just prefer it to cover the full screen. It worked well though, as long as no dust gets under it.

    My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
  9. wmurch3's Avatar
    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
       #29  
    I bought the cheapest anti-glare SP i could find on ebay, installed it, and it's pretty good actually. There are holes over the camera and launcher button though the launcher button hole is not the right shape.

    All in all, definitely glad I got one. The first few days are tough because it looks a little grainy, but you get used it and wonder how you ever used the TP without one.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    I originally purchased the Griffin one when I first got the TouchPad and I didn't like how it didn't cover the small space below the home button. It's not a major issue, I just prefer it to cover the full screen. It worked well though, as long as no dust gets under it.
    What are you using now? (edit: never mind just saw the post above my other one)

    Figure I can always return the griffin if needed. Had thought about going with skinomi thru amazon, but then when I saw the one in store decided to just grab it.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 08/01/2011 at 03:35 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11. #31  
    I decided against the Griffin one because I didnt like the way that it has lines on the surface. The prices really vary from one brand to the next ~ $7.99 to $29.99 and more.
    Does anyone know about the differences?
    thanks for all input/advice.
  12. #32  
    Has anyone tried a skin from this company? HP TouchPad ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare HP TouchPad screen protector and enhancement

    i was going to order order an Invisibleshield from Zagg, since thats what I'm using with my pre, but cant because when I go to their site I get an error after selecting the touchpad. I have a case so I guess I more concerned with how well it performs under direct sunlight... Any input is welcome!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovahead View Post
    I decided against the Griffin one because I didnt like the way that it has lines on the surface. The prices really vary from one brand to the next ~ $7.99 to $29.99 and more.
    Does anyone know about the differences?
    thanks for all input/advice.
    I was wondering about the lines too. I dunno I need to order full phone skins for the Veers...


    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Has anyone tried a skin from this company? HP TouchPad ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare HP TouchPad screen protector and enhancement

    i was going to order order an Invisibleshield from Zagg, since thats what I'm using with my pre, but cant because when I go to their site I get an error after selecting the touchpad. I have a case so I guess I more concerned with how well it performs under direct sunlight... Any input is welcome!
    I think someone somewhere said they had or were ordering the boxwave...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    What are you using now? (edit: never mind just saw the post above my other one)

    Figure I can always return the griffin if needed. Had thought about going with skinomi thru amazon, but then when I saw the one in store decided to just grab it.
    Yeah, it did the job, but that little missing section under the button bothered my OCD. I believe the Skinomi one doesn't have this problem.

    My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Has anyone tried a skin from this company? HP TouchPad ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare HP TouchPad screen protector and enhancement

    i was going to order order an Invisibleshield from Zagg, since thats what I'm using with my pre, but cant because when I go to their site I get an error after selecting the touchpad. I have a case so I guess I more concerned with how well it performs under direct sunlight... Any input is welcome!
    I mentioned above the BodyGuardz anti-glare screen protector and how I felt it worked very well, and after being able to test it some more outside, I still stand by it as a recommendation.

    My Palm History- Palm Pilot 5000> Palm V> m105> m130> Zire 71> Sony Clie TH55> TX> Centro> Pre Plus> Pixi Plus> Pre 2
    usskaos1 likes this.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    Yeah, it did the job, but that little missing section under the button bothered my OCD. I believe the Skinomi one doesn't have this problem.
    Yeah I am worried that will bug me too. Gonna think about it for a few more days, maybe order the skinomi for the Veers and see how we like that and go from there.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. ag95keri's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #37  
    Well, I got it. It's somewhat helpful with the glare, but unlike some of the other screen protectors it isn't self-healing which means (among other things) the bubbles don't do away. I'm glad it came with 3 in the package because it took me that many tries to get it applied correctly with minimal bubbles. It still has a few bubbles (almost 2 weeks after I applied it), but they are very small. I can see them clearly when the screen is off, but they aren't really noticeable when I'm using it.
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

    Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!
  18. 11B1P's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I bought the cheapest anti-glare SP i could find on ebay, installed it, and it's pretty good actually. There are holes over the camera and launcher button though the launcher button hole is not the right shape.

    All in all, definitely glad I got one. The first few days are tough because it looks a little grainy, but you get used it and wonder how you ever used the TP without one.
    This is what I was thinking. Since the screen is gorilla glass, I'm only looking to reduce the "expected" fingerprints.

    I'm thinking that if I apply a screen protector immediately upon receiving the TP, I won't be conditioned to the bare screen and may not "see" the grains.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    This is what I was thinking. Since the screen is gorilla glass, I'm only looking to reduce the "expected" fingerprints.

    I'm thinking that if I apply a screen protector immediately upon receiving the TP, I won't be conditioned to the bare screen and may not "see" the grains.
    I think that was my problems... had screen protectors on the Pres since day one. Veers have been completely naked and TP only in HP case... the finger prints on the Veer and TP annoy me though. Especially the Veer because they are pronounced when it sits on my desk no it's TS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  20. taxi's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I was wondering about the lines too. I dunno I need to order full phone skins for the Veers...




    I think someone somewhere said they had or were ordering the boxwave...
    I just installed the Boxwave anti-glare protector... A little too expensive but I used the credit I had from Amazon to justify the purchase. The install was easy (it's a dry install) Much easier than Zagg or Skinomi which i have on other products. I can't find any bubbles remaining so I am happy with the install so far. I'll wait for it to cure overnight to see the final results. The application card that came with the Boxwave was very flimsy so I switched to a credit card which made the install easier...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions