Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hparsons
  • 1 Post By hparsons
  1.    #1  
    I was walking from the parking lot at the office, and dropped the TouchPad. The case was on. Not a mark on the TouchPad. Suddenly, the price seems pretty cheap.
    cccaldwell likes this.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I guess you were close to a heart attack. How does the case look like after the drop?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I guess you were close to a heart attack. How does the case look like after the drop?
    Yes on the heart attack. Actually, didn't realize I'd dropped until shortly before it had hit. Case has a little scuff mark on the corner. I really think had there been no case, the TP woulda cracked.
    Are you suggesting we drop our TP's on purpose so we feel better about the case?

but seriously, I like it for the different ways you can stand the TouchPad up. Cool design.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Are you suggesting we drop our TP's on purpose so we feel better about the case?

but seriously, I like it for the different ways you can stand the TouchPad up. Cool design.
    Well, I wasn't actually suggesting that, but whatever works for ya! This is probably one of those rare occasions on here that someone might just want to take my word for something though.

I did go back and look at the actual damage this morning. It was worse than I thought (see photo). I'm even more glad I purchased the now ridiculously cheap case.

Going to be serious now. Because the case fits so well, I actually leave it on all of the time. Any case that would have been less of a fit, I'd probably take on and off. My luck of things would have said that drop yesterday morning would likely have been one of the "offs".

Looking at the damage, right on the corner, I suspect I'd have had a damaged device.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sledge007 likes this.
    Whew, you dodged a bullet for sure. But I bet you have the cracks developing around your speakers now.
    Man, right on the corner also...
    I havent dropped mine yet (and I pray that I never do) but my case has been worth the price in just helping me view it at angles. Also, the matte finish makes it easier to hold, which helps prevent drops.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)