Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By folken12345
  1.    #1  
    I've been using the touchpad bluetooth keyboard for about a week now and I must say it sure is handy having a keyboard for longer typing sessions or when typing on the touchpad while it is on the touchstone. I do hope more functionality is added with future updates though. I'd love to be able to be able to more fully operate the touchpad while it is sitting on my desk in the touchstone. Just the ability to use the navigation arrows in more places would do wonders. For instance, when I enter something in the Just Type field it would be much faster to tap the down arrow and hit enter rather than having to tap the screen on the option I want. Or while in card view tap the left/right arrows to navigate between cards and either hit enter/space bar to bring them forward and even the up arrow to close the program. In the web browser I'd love to be able to hit keys to navigate back/forward though without the Alt+Left/Right I'm not sure how to pull it off but at least having backspace/delete to go back would be nice. CTRL+T to open a new browser card would also be awesome. Thats probably only the beginning of what can be done.

I know it sort of defeats the purpose of a touch screen but having at least a moderate level of control from the keyboard would be handy. At least I have not had any trouble with the keyboard otherwise such as with pairing, timeouts, etc. Everything it can do it does very well.
    I'd love to be able to be able to more fully operate the touchpad while it is sitting on my desk in the touchstone.
    ---Maybe that is the long term plan...
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Are there keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste or anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Are there keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste or anything else?
    I believe I remember reading on the PC front page there is. With no gesture/meta tap there isn't, but the kb still does this.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    So far I have been unable to perform a copy/paste from the keyboard. The traditional CTRL+C and CTRL+V do not work. I can hold shift and use the arrow keys to select text however I still have to press and hold on the screen to copy/paste. I also tried holding the Symbol key and card view key with C/V but nothing seems to work. Anyone else have any luck with copy/paste from a Bluetooth keyboard?
    how about putting this in the feature request thread and everyone like it like Hardbeatz suggested.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...st-thread.html
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    how about putting this in the feature request thread and everyone like it like Hardbeatz suggested.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...st-thread.html

I initially went to the features request thread mentioned to give my suggestions about the BT keyboard but didn't see any accessories feature requests. I came here and low and behold folken12345 said everything I was going to and more. Maybe there should be an accessories features request thread here?