Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cwlarsen30
  1.    #1  
    There was already a thread about this case on here somewhere but i wanted to post my review of it:
    Amazon.com: CaseCrown Hard Case (Black) for the HP TouchPad: Electronics

Some notes about it:
    - TOUCHPAD FITS INSIDE WITH HP'S CASE ON
    -Cheap $12.21
    -Good Quality
    -Strong Zippers
    -Corner Straps to hold it in
    -Hard case but its not as hard as i expected and would have hoped. (It will take a hit but the outside shell is somewhat bendy and has a fake carbon-fiber look thats made of plastic. Even still I trust it to protect my touchpad)
    -Easy to carry, feels nice in the hands
    -NO room for charger

Overall, i would recommend this case to EVERY touchpad owner. Especially with the price drop again. I bring my touchpad with me everywhere (school, work, home, ect) and i love this case.

Nice, thanks for the info. Looks like that could be very useful. In the last picture, what is that little pouch on the inside of the right flap?
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    how strong are the corners? Do you think a TP could survive a drop? (dont try it)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Nice, thanks for the info. Looks like that could be very useful. In the last picture, what is that little pouch on the inside of the right flap?
    its not really a pouch. If you look at the product page on amazon it kinda looks like a stand for it or something. I dont use it. Lol. I have the HP case for that. :-)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    how strong are the corners? Do you think a TP could survive a drop? (dont try it)
    the straps? Eh, enough to hold the touchpad from moving alot. Though I think the HP case has alot to do with that also.

yes, I do think it could survive a fall, especially if its inside the HP case inside this case. I wouldent try it but if an accident happened i'm fairly confident that it would survive. I hope. Lol.
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 07/14/2011 at 01:10 AM.
    Awesome review. I just ordered one up. Thanks a bunch!
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    its not really a pouch. If you look at the product page on amazon it kinda looks like a stand for it or something. I dont use it. Lol. I have the HP case for that. :-)
    I see. Heh, and if you look at those pictures on Amazon, you'll see they used an iPad as the model. Doh!!
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I see. Heh, and if you look at those pictures on Amazon, you'll see they used an iPad as the model. Doh!!
    The vast majority of TouchPad accessories on the market on Amazon are just relabeled iPad accessories. Those retailers and manufacturers haven't yet taken the time to do anything more than throw some keywords in to get HP TouchPad buyers linked in to their products. As demand grows we'll see companies take a little more time to include the correct products to match the labels.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    There was already a thread about this case on here somewhere but i wanted to post my review of it:
    Amazon.com: CaseCrown Hard Case (Black) for the HP TouchPad: Electronics

-Strong Zippers

How is the zipper opening and closing? I had the same case for my Xoom and the zipper was awful, not smooth at all. Zipper kept getting caught on the material inside the case.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblin30 View Post
    How is the zipper opening and closing? I had the same case for my Xoom and the zipper was awful, not smooth at all. Zipper kept getting caught on the material inside the case.
    not once has the zipper gotten caught on the material for me but it is fairly tough to zip. But thats a good thing. Makes it more secure.
  11. JLH
    CaseCrown direct has this for $11.16 shipped using coupon AUG30OFF casecrown link