Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I just got these last night from amazon. I am impressed. Why the reviewers weren't waxing poetic about these accessories more than they did is beyond me. It's such an elegant thing to be able to just set my device in a stand, with our without the case, case open or closed, and just have it charge. Sorry, iPad and 'droid tablets can't do that, and there ain't no app for that. Just ugly after market solutions to kind of approximate it. It's also nice to not have to use two hands to separate the device from its stand, like you have to with the iPad stand.

I thought the touchstone was going to be huge, but it's not at all. I thought the case would feel cheap or look cheap, and it's not.

The packaging of the products are also aesthetically pleasing, but, HP should pay attention like Apple does to the unboxing experience. The tape they use is like Kryptonite to Superman.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've seen some reviews that the case has problems with the cover flopping around because of the lack of any magnetic adhesion like the ipad. Is this a legitimate issue?
    I got the case yesterday, It's really great. I think the only thing I would like to see would be a magnet to hold the flap in place, but that isn't really an issue at all. My friend at work with the iPad 2 was saying he wanted a case just like this one but couldn't find one. His is just a flat that covers only the glass front.
    Quote Originally Posted by dulaney22 View Post
    I've seen some reviews that the case has problems with the cover flopping around because of the lack of any magnetic adhesion like the ipad. Is this a legitimate issue?
    I am not sure this is a big deal for me, as the case is usually open and in stand-mode. I dont have a Touchstone, so it doesnt rest vertically which is what causes the sag.

But I do love the case, as it doesnt add much bulk and makes it easier to hold thanks to the matte backing of the case.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Quote Originally Posted by gzinkl View Post
    The tape they use is like Kryptonite to Superman.
    So that is why I couldn't open my touchpad box!!!

But reals, that tape was really hard to open without a knife and I'm sure most of us were trying to open the box on the drive home from the various retailers.
    The HP case is overpriced. Couldn't get my TouchPad to stand upright because the flap isn't stiff enough.
    Dan Donovan
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    The HP case is overpriced. Couldn't get my TouchPad to stand upright because the flap isn't stiff enough.
    I don't know how, but you're doing it wrong then. When the flap is folded back and put underneath the tab, it's not going anywhere. I don't think it could get more "stiff" if it was made of concrete.

This is bar none the best case I've ever purchased for a mobile device. A LOT of thought went into this thing.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The Folio case is overprice but my TP stands up fine in it.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have never seen an accessory from a manufacturer of a primary device that didn't feel over-priced. Exhibits A, B, C, and D: Apple.

I confess to not have remarked on a flopping cover. Sounds dramatic.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I got my case yesterday. It works as advertized and I'm satisfied. One peeve though... I wish the touchpad would charge when placed upside-down on the charger. I'd love to drape the cover over the back to get it out of the way cleanly. Having it hinge at the bottom has a couple of issues...

1) It takes up more desk-room when opened.
    2) It's pliable enough to have trouble staying closed from it's own weight.

It also might have trouble staying closed when carrying it around. I just thought of a simple solution which will help with this and (2) as well. Take a piece of black ribbon and put a small piece of velcro at the ends and one on the back of the case. Then you can use the ribbon to secure the cover using the velcro on the flap and the one on the back using the ribbon.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I got my case yesterday. It works as advertized and I'm satisfied. One peeve though... I wish the touchpad would charge when placed upside-down on the charger. I'd love to drape the cover over the back to get it out of the way cleanly.
    Me, too. I just got my Touchstone and TouchPad case from Amazon about 20 minutes ago. I slipped my TP into the case, which is great by the way, and proceeded to dock it. Unfortunately there's only two ways to dock the TouchPad. Volume buttons on top or volume buttons on the right. Either way I dock it that stupid flap is always laying flat in front of the TP or wide open to the left. Unsightly.
    Nevermind, this guy figured it out for us: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3019707

I can now charge the TP when in landscape mode. Just pull the flap all the way behind the TP and then set the TP so that the rounded curve in the flap rests on the Touchstone's lip. (In this instance, volume buttons will be on top.)

But I still don't know how to properly get rid of the unsightly flap when in portrait mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    I got my case yesterday. It works as advertized and I'm satisfied. One peeve though... I wish the touchpad would charge when placed upside-down on the charger. I'd love to drape the cover over the back to get it out of the way cleanly. Having it hinge at the bottom has a couple of issues...

1) It takes up more desk-room when opened.
    2) It's pliable enough to have trouble staying closed from it's own weight.

It also might have trouble staying closed when carrying it around. I just thought of a simple solution which will help with this and (2) as well. Take a piece of black ribbon and put a small piece of velcro at the ends and one on the back of the case. Then you can use the ribbon to secure the cover using the velcro on the flap and the one on the back using the ribbon.
    I haven't had any problem with it staying closed. I admit, I was looking for issues, because of the reviews, but it just wasn't an issue for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The Folio case is overprice but my TP stands up fine in it.
    Case was $40 on Amazon. Less than the $50 custom case for my 7 inch Android tablet. I agree that an case over $25 is overprice for me, but I wanted to make sure the device was well protected. Like the OP stated the case is awesome. The front flap acts as a kickstand. The design of the flap lets it form to pillows and the arms of couches or loveseat so you can place the device on one without it moving. HP did a great job with this case.

The front flap does flop around because of a lack of a magnet. Noticed that after about a minute. However, that is only if you turn the Touchpad upside down or on it's side, so the flap forces you to hold it right side up. The flap has good weight and form that keeps it closed when the Touchpad is held right side up. This is a definite plus for me because it forces me to carry it the way its actually used.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    amazon sells the case for $34. The case works great....and works great with the touchstone...

the case has two angle adjustments about 30 degrees and almost 90 degrees.
    Loving the case/TS/32 gig combo that arrived this evening. No complaints so far, if I wasnt expecting more options to be released soon, we would be keeping both...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    amazon sells the case for $34. The case works great....and works great with the touchstone...

the case has two angle adjustments about 30 degrees and almost 90 degrees.
    Yeah, but the case has taken away my excuse for the TouchStone. Right now I'm playing music and have photo's flipping through exhibition mode. Maybe with the music and the photos I'll have an excuse to want to have the device get external power.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Loving the case/TS/32 gig combo that arrived this evening. No complaints so far, if I wasnt expecting more options to be released soon, we would be keeping both...
    So you're getting rid of your TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    So you're getting rid of your TP?
    We ordered 2, I had planned on canceling 1 before they shipped (weren't suppose to ship until the 15th) went online to cancel one on the 12th and they had shipped that morning. The wife and I are very happy under 24 hours with the TP, the touchstone with facebook exhibition is friggin awesome for real. Mosaic of friends photots and random (think screen saver) pop ups of status updates. I am a person that only has "real life" friends as friends on FB, so the exhibition mode is pretty damn cool.

We are keeping 1 regardless, just can't make an excuse yet to keep both, with the possible 7 incher coming out, possible price drop before end of the year, and the dev program. The wife and I are gonna start working on some apps to help pay for our WebOS devices (we have many unique ideas).

We are both still very happy with our Veers, using our Pre-s for games and media (Sprint will be done before the end of the month). Still have the 2nd 32 gig TP with accessories in box in my office, if I can find an excuse to keep it...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Would iPad 1 case work on Touchpad ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast