Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Just got my Touchstone for the TouchPad and I have to say, it completes the experience. Agree fully with the OP: being able to set the TP down on this minimalist base and pick it up as needed is so ... clean. Exhibition mode for Facebook in particular is also really slick.

IMO, they should be bundling Touchstones in the box. I'm a guy who's been using a Touchstone since launch day of the Pre-, so it's not like it's a new thing to me -- but paired with the TouchPad, this Touchstone is what's making me overlook all of the bugs in webOS 3.0. It's that good.
    The facebook exhibition is freakin clean looking. I'll set my tp in landscape mode with the flap folded behind it and turn on the FB exhibition.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My beef with the case is that it seems backwards. When in landscape mode the speakers are on the bottom ... why not on the top for more exposure? Much sturdier than iPad covers and 2 stand options are solid. Be sure you stand it correctly ... the velcro tab up the speakers down.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyDuck88 View Post
    My beef with the case is that it seems backwards. When in landscape mode the speakers are on the bottom ... why not on the top for more exposure? Much sturdier than iPad covers and 2 stand options are solid. Be sure you stand it correctly ... the velcro tab up the speakers down.
    That is the design of the touchpad, the speakers are supposed to fire towards you/down.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    With speakers on the bottom the sound will bounce off the surface it is resting on. With speakers on top the sound will go to the ceiling and be harder to hear. Keep in mind that the volume possible is quite limited and intended just to provide personal listening space, not surround sound for the living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    With speakers on the bottom the sound will bounce off the surface it is resting on. With speakers on top the sound will go to the ceiling and be harder to hear. Keep in mind that the volume possible is quite limited and intended just to provide personal listening space, not surround sound for the living room.
    Speaking of sound bouncing off of things. I used to have an S10 blazer, bandpass box with 2 12's in it facing the rear glass, that damn car thumped.
    I love the agenda exhibition mode! I can charge mine in portrait mode with the flap between the TouchPad and Touchstone. You have to play with it a little so it doesn't slide off.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12