Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sanjay
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I will be traveling to Peru next week and need a recommendation for a power converter and/or adapter for my TouchPad and my unlocked Pre 2.

Apparently, HP sells one, but it uses 50hz for Argentina instead of the 60hz in Peru.

Thanks in advance.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    The standard chargers that comes with the Touchpad and the Pre 2, are both mutivoltage and will work with any voltage between 110-240 volts. You don't need any power converter or adapter. What you do need is a simple plug adapter for whatever type of plugs used in Peru.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    BBell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The standard chargers that comes with the Touchpad and the Pre 2, are both mutivoltage and will work with any voltage between 110-240 volts. You don't need any power converter or adapter. What you do need is a simple plug adapter for whatever type of plugs used in Peru.
    Good to know! I'm assuming this is the case for Amsterdam/Copenhagen/Sweden?

Thanks for the info! I plan on using the one plug for my TouchPad and Veer.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Do you have documentation to support this? I just want to make sure.
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    All you have to do is look on the charger it will say 100-240V 50-60Hz

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Joe57x is correct on this. Your TouchPad charger (which will also work for my Pre2) will work in Peru. The only thing needed is the plug adapter (euro style I believe).
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    I have a variant of this that's worked fine for me over the years. Just one adapter to carry and works in all countries. It's repackaged and sold under different brands (Belkin for example) or generic.

Amazon.com: Compact Universal All-In-One Travel Power Adapter Plug. Includes: International Travel Adapter, USB Charger Attachment, & Stylish Nylon Travel Case.: Electronics

Mine doesn't have the USB attachment. You can find it cheaper on ebay but they usually ship from HK and that could take a few weeks so if you need it in time for next week, your best bet is order from close to where you live or go get one from a local store.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Do you have documentation to support this? I just want to make sure.
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I have personally been using the chargers that came with the Pre+ and the Pre 2 and now also the Touchpad in India, where the power supplied is 220volts. Ofcourse the chargers themselves also state 100-240volts 50-60hz.

PS: The Pre+, Pre 2 and the Touchpad were purchased from the US.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    France, India, Peru, Spain and Germany have all happily worked with my Touchstone and Pre-.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    BTW: no chance to power a Touchpad with the adaptor of a phone (pre+).
    The TP needs some more juice, so be sure to pack the touchpad's charger - it'll power the phone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulf View Post
    BTW: no chance to power a Touchpad with the adaptor of a phone (pre+).
    The TP needs some more juice, so be sure to pack the touchpad's charger - it'll power the phone as well.
    I've used the Pre's charger with the TouchPad several times when I forgot the TouchPad charger. Its slower but it works (I charge it when I am sleeping).
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    China and Korea (RoK) worked fine with both my TP and Veer chargers and you can charge the Veer on the TP's unit.

I just wish I could buy the international plug tips for the TP charger without buying a whole new charger.
    did you try one that came with the original sprint pre? Those had a removable end that allowed for attachment of plugs for different countries. At a glance the end looks interchangable between my old pre adapter and the TP adapter.

just a thought
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you try one that came with the original sprint pre? Those had a removable end that allowed for attachment of plugs for different countries. At a glance the end looks interchangable between my old pre adapter and the TP adapter.

just a thought
    Where would I find those tips?
    not sure. They were probably on the palm site before HP. Check there, amazon, ebay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

just a thought
    Problem is you can't get the attachments separately.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Folks,

Found this Palm International Power Charger Kit 3402WW on eBay...

OFFICIAL PALM 800w PRO PRE PiXi CHARGER + INTL ADAPTER | eBay

Since some of you have found the twist-to-lock plug adapters may be the same as the TouchPad 2A charger that is using, I think it is a worthy for us to get this instead of paying HP double for the TouchPad International Power Adapter FB342AA#AC3 (unless you still want to have a 2nd 2A charger).

As for myself, I have got a 2nd 2A charger from the Touchstone dock purchase. I have also found an old local classified ad and trying to contact the seller if he still has go it.
    Last edited by howi; 08/22/2011 at 11:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have one of these:

Amazon.com: 150 Countries All-in-One USB Charger/Universal AC Outlet And Travel Adapter For Worldwide Use: Everything Else

Taken it to Slovenia, Spain, Germany, the UK, and France, worked every time. I never use the USB plugs though - I always have a USB charger in my bag that I just plug in to the plug in the adapter.
    Folks,

In the post #17, I have suggested everyone who wants to get the cost-effecive, yet more elegant solutions. I end up order the kit (intended for the older Palm handsets / PDA) from the mentioned eBay seller. Everything works, the twist-and-lock plug adapters fit the TouchPad 2A charger. I have tried out with the UK and the Euro plugs. It also comes with a micro-USB to Palm Athena adapter cable... Perfect to charge up my good ol TX. So now I have got a complete charging solutions for the trips with 2 chargers at different output i.e. 1A and 2A.

So if you do not want to go for the more flexible universal adapter for the wall sockets around the world and you definitely do not want to pay a premium on the original TouchPad International Charging Kit, then consider this Palm International Power Charger Kit 3402WW at a much reasonable price.
    Quote Originally Posted by howi View Post
    Text
    Oh yes, yes yes! Ended up ordering two. Perfect!