Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimmyK
  1.    #1  
    I have heard there is no way to keep the TP case closed. I was wondering if any of the great modders want to work to try and find a way to make this happen. I would also like to find a way to attach the keyboard to the case for easy carrying.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The cover flap does not have magnets like in the iPad design, but, then again, I really don't want magnets in my briefcase along with my wallet when traveling. So, no, it doesn't "stay shut" other than by the fact it's wedged in between a bunch of other stuff.
    i'm considering putting some small thin magnets in one or both of the corners. Not overly strong ones. Just using a dab of glue to fix them to the case. I wont have the problem of having a wallet and touchpad in the same bag.

Though also considering just small circles of velcro in the corner .
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You could use mat magnets like for fridge magnets. Every hardware store sells the stuff for vent covers.
    In the center of flap, at the tip, there is a small velcro strip which is used to hold the flap in place when you use it as a stand. I can imagine some using this to keep it close instead of magnets.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I just stole a black elastic headband from my daughter, wrapped it around longways and secured it in the slot for the cover on the back- kind of like a Kindle.
    vanzanthp likes this.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    has anyone come up with any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    The adhesive you need for the magnets needs to be strong to hold, but easy to clean up and wipe off. I know some exist, but I don't know what will work in this gorilla glass with the plastic coating on it. But a metal bar (thin one) should work fine on the actual case.

This needs to happen.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    I just stole a black elastic headband from my daughter, wrapped it around longways and secured it in the slot for the cover on the back- kind of like a Kindle.
    I feel like this might be the best option. I would love a magnet option. My friend was using my TouchPad today and said 'oh, this has a smart cover too?' because it looks so much like an iPad 2 over. I just felt a little defeated inside and said 'no, but that'd be awesome'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The cover flap does not have magnets like in the iPad design, but, then again, I really don't want magnets in my briefcase along with my wallet when traveling.
    magnets have zero effect on credit cards/magnetic striping. This is anurban legend that has been debunked numerous times over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    magnets have zero effect on credit cards/magnetic striping. This is anurban legend that has been debunked numerous times over the years.
    I've never damaged a credit card, but I've wiped out several hotel key cards with the magnet that keeps my purse closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I've never damaged a credit card, but I've wiped out several hotel key cards with the magnet that keeps my purse closed.
    Same here. A hotel key in the same pocket as your cell phone will do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    I'd hate to be your kids...
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    One thought I had was to secure another small piece of velcro "fuzz" on the back and use a ribbon with velcro hooks on both ends. One would hook onto the velcro fuzz piece under the flap and the other would attach to the one on the back. No magnets needed and it's easy to detach when desired.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I little velcro tab to connect to the lid makes sense in my head but I haven't received my case yet.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I have just been using a large elastic band. I would worry about magnets or anything metal since I use my touchstone all of the time.
    I was going to hot glue a Velcro strap on but I am out of dark Velcro and haven't gotten over to the fabric store. When I get to it, I'll let you know how it worked.