Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    They only have the screen protector at this time. It sells for $19.95. But use coupon code summersale25 for a 25% discount. The total comes to $14.96 and you can get free shipping. Tax free, unless you live in AZ. I just ordered one.
    I just tried to order one and got the 25% discount, but they are charging for shipping. How did you get the free shipping?
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I had to pay for shipping also, but did my the 25% discount. An hour later got the email it was shipping already today. Wahooooo!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by ag95keri View Post
    I just tried to order one and got the 25% discount, but they are charging for shipping. How did you get the free shipping?
    Hmm, I don't know. I didn't do anything special. At checkout I put in that 25% code, then I selected First Class Post $0.00 as the shipping option. I just did a test transaction with them and that free shipping option is not available. I guess I got it when they were running a special on shipping. Sorry you missed it.
    No you don't, that's just what they recommend. As long as you're careful with how you spray the formula on it and what not, you can turn it on after a couple of hours. I leave mine off for probably like 5 hours just to be safe but even an hour probably would suffice.

There's not really too many holes on the TouchPad so liquid wouldn't get into it. They suggest leaving it off so all the bubbles will go away as well, but they'll go away just fine otherwise with it on. I've used PSz many a time and I've done the same thing and mine always turn out beautiful. Crisp and clear.
    Sprint Love
  5.    #25  
    Ok, so I finally installed my Phantom Skinz onto the TouchPad. It looks terrible. I don't mean it looks a little bad, it looks terrible. My wife and I spent about 2 hours last night wetting the screen protector, applying it, ripping it off, re-wetting it, reapplying it, lining it up with the holes, taking it off again, squeegeeing it like crazy, cursing, me getting mad, and her frustrated. It was an awful experience. It just seemed like the piece of rubber they gave me to act as the squeegee was not stiff enough. It kept bending on me. Horrible experience. My screen looks like crap and we spent so much time working on it.

I'm just going to rip it off and throw it in the trash and get a cling-type screen protector. I have one on my Pre and I absolutely love it. There goes $15 down the drain...

I'm so steamed.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    how does this compare to the invisishield products? Don't know if they even have one for TP, but I have had good luck with them on my pre.
    Zoomer > Handspring Deluxe > Treo 90 > Zire71 > LifeDrive > Centro > Pre (yes, still!)
    TouchPad
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I ended up removing the screen protector, it's gorilla glass after all. But I love the feel of the Carbon Fiber back cover and it looks awesome! After I applied the back protector and got enerything placed correctly, I immediately and carefully put it back into the HP Case to help the adhesive set firmly and keep it from peeling away. Worked great. I can take it in and out of the case with no issues, no peeling, and it doesn't feel like I am going drop it when holding in one hand without the protector on. Very happy overall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by d-larsen; 08/08/2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d-larsen View Post
    I ended up removing the screen protector, it's gorilla glass after all. But I love the feel of the Carbon Fiber back cover and it looks awesome! After I applied the back protector and got enerything placed correctly, I immediately and carefully put it back into the HP Case to help the adhesive set firmly and keep it from peeling away. Worked great. I can take it in and out of the case with no issues, no peeling, and it doesn't feel like I am going drop it when holding in one hand without the protector on. Very happy overall.
    Hey,

I'm about to order the carbon fiber kit from PS and I got a question.

Is the carbon fiber a 1-piece install?
    It is a one piece install. The corners are tricky. But, with patience you will get it. It is very durable.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12