Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonathan I Ezor#IM
  1.    #1  
    I can't connect the Thinkoutside BT keyboard to TouchPad. The TouchPad sees the keyboard, but it doesn't accept numbers when you try to enter a passcode.

Has anyone else had any luck and do you have any ideas on getting the keyboard connected.
    I have no problem with the pairing, except that I have to redo it each time I use the keyboard (or if it times out too long). Here are the steps:

Turn on TP Bluetooth
    Go to Bluetooth Preferences
    Swipe-to-delete the Think Outside Keyboard if it's already there
    Go to Add Device
    Change Type to "Keyboard"
    Turn on Think Outside KB and put it into pairing mode (on mine, I hold down Ctrl and both Fn keys simultaneously; the pairing light starts blinking)
    When you see it appear on the TouchPad, tap on it to initiate pairing
    Enter your preferred numerical passkey on the TouchPad and tap Next
    Type the same passkey into your keyboard (on mine, I need to hold down the left-side blue Fn key while typing numbers) and the hit Enter on the keyboard (*important*)
    The TouchPad *should* switch back to the main Bluetooth Preferences screen with the Think Outside Keyboard turning bold after a few seconds

That should do it. If not, toggle Bluetooth off and on and try again. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    davemack likes this.
    And...just to demonstrate the point, I followed the above procedure just now and am typing this via my Think Outside keyboard. {Jonathan)
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    And...just to demonstrate the point, I followed the above procedure just now and am typing this via my Think Outside keyboard. {Jonathan)
    I'll keep trying. At least I know it's doable. I had tried all that and even had tried resetting the TouchPad. I was pushing enter on the keyboard, instead of on the screen. It still says pairing failed.

I've had this keyboard a bazillion years and previously used it with my PDAs, but it's still kicking. Does the passkey area stay blank even though you've entered the numbers?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    And here was me thinking I'd be the only one to have tried this keyboard with the TouchPad. I've got an iStowaway Ultra-Slim Keyboard (recognised as Think Outside Keyboard) that's been stuck in a cupboard for the last 7 or 8 years that I bought for a PDA that I had at the time. Can't believe that this thing actually works. One of the things that I'm liking is the ability to use the arrow keys that are sadly missing from the WebOS keyboard. And the TouchPad looks great propped up on the keyboard's flip out stand.
    type the code on your touchpad first, then type the code on your thinkoutside and hit enter

works fine.
    Just bought one these on ebay for $35. It was used, but for the portability and being able to throw it in my bookback and not worry about the keys popping off, it's a steal.

Thanks for the pairing instructions (control - fn fn keys).

I too had these bluetooth keyboards for an older palm tungsten, but sold them all off not thinking I'd need them again.