Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    anyone else noticing poor performance from their touchstone?
    give a little more info. define poor performance. is it taking a very long time, is it making the touchpad hot? How different is it than the usb charge? Are you comparing to your phone, if you have a Pre/Pixi?

I think it is a slower charge than the phones.
  3.    #3  
    actually I think my touchpad stops charging after 80% with the touchstone. This happened to my pre 1 time and I did a reboot. I just rebooted my TP so I will post my results soon.
    My case and Touchstone came in the mail about 45 minutes ago. I am keeping an eye on the charging speed. So far, charging through a case folded back on itself (2 layers), I am charging at about 4% per 15minutes. Seems a bit slow, but at least exhibition looks nice.
    estebancam likes this.
    The TouchPad has a much larger battery than the phones and can go much longer before needing recharged, so of course its charge time is significant longer than the phones. I have been using touchstones now for over 2 years at home and in my car and I've never had any issues with them. Touchstone charging is one of the pluses that the TouchPad has over the other tablets, let's face it, plugging a wire into your device to charge it is outdated.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Charger working fine.

Make sure you use the new charger and new cable to go with the new charging dock. Place the TouchPad in the dock right end up for best results. (power and volume button on top left)
  7.    #7  
    it charges really slow. I have been charging it on its side so I wonder if that is not as good. I will try charging upright
    I charged from 56% to 100% in about 2.5 hours. That's a full charge in about 5 hours, not too shabby.
  9.    #9  
    now try using it for 5 mins. See how fast the battery drops to 95%. Does is drop quickly?
    I used it for 10 minutes of web and app catalog surfing/d'loading and installing and it never moved off of 100%. I wish my Pre- did that.
    no problems with mine
    Battery use update: 10 minutes moderate use, 60 minutes idle (push email, etc) and I am still holding at 100%. Loving the battery life.
  13.    #13  
    maybe I have a bad battery. Very slow to charge and fast discharge
    I also had a problem with poor charging with my touchstone. I ended up exchanging it for a new one and the new one works great! Maybe you got a bad one like I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I used it for 10 minutes of web and app catalog surfing/d'loading and installing and it never moved off of 100%. I wish my Pre- did that.
    Mine did that with AV8B installed on 1.4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    yeah - I don't think it's an issue for you. As stated, larger bat would mean longer charge time. I'm happy with it.
    I have no real problems but I did notice that there's only two ways the touchpad can be charged. 1) on landscape view, the speakers need to be facing down. 2) on portrait mode, the button has to be on the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The TouchPad has a much larger battery than the phones and can go much longer before needing recharged, so of course its charge time is significant longer than the phones. I have been using touchstones now for over 2 years at home and in my car and I've never had any issues with them. Touchstone charging is one of the pluses that the TouchPad has over the other tablets, let's face it, plugging a wire into your device to charge it is outdated.
    yeah i know huh. Get with the time people. Using wires is so 2000's. Its all about the cloud and wireless charging.
    yesterday I decided to go ahead and test out the battery life with light usage. I used it only to listen to music for about an hour or so, and just check a couple of Facebook posts and a few emails. At the end of my 16 hour day (wedding night, not mine, my friends) the battery was still at 92%. Today, I have used it a lot, and I did not charge it yesterday. My battery is at 71%.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    maybe I have a bad battery. Very slow to charge and fast discharge
    How does it charge via USB?

How does it discharge after a full USB charge?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast