Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Did anyone else notice fullscreen Youtube videos are upside-down when using the official HP case as a stand?
    home button on the right?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    home button on the right?
    No. When using the case as a stand (folding cover behind), the home button is on the left.
    that's a major design flaw, and hp needs to fix that!
    Is it just me, that I find the 'home' button on the right to be the more natural landscape mode for the TP? But apparently HP and the some developers seem to think otherwise. For some apps will only run correctly with the 'home' button on the left.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Is it just me, that I find the 'home' button on the right to be the more natural landscape mode for the TP? But apparently HP and the some developers seem to think otherwise. For some apps will only run correctly with the 'home' button on the left.
    I was the same before my case arrived today.
    those that require the button on the left are doing it wrong. The speakers are supposed fire downward.
    jcrackbert likes this.
    Wow... an example of area not talking to the other. I thought my company was the only one like that.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    those that require the button on the left are doing it wrong. The speakers are supposed fire downward.
    And the volume rocker should be accessible on top.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    That's funny, when I first put the case on I also used the flap to stand it up the wrong way too. As others have said, the speakers should be facing down with the volume on the top left. Just mess with the flap until it works in the correct orientation and you'll see how it's supposed to work.

-Skippy
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    That's funny, when I first put the case on I also used the flap to stand it up the wrong way too. As others have said, the speakers should be facing down with the volume on the top left. Just mess with the flap until it works in the correct orientation and you'll see how it's supposed to work.

-Skippy
    Please elaborate. The home button is on the left if you align the velcro of the case and make a stand.
  12.    #12  

-Skippy
    WOW! You were right. I had it wrong. I just pushed the Touchpad, when oriented the way I was complaining about, it locked into the position you were explaining. Thanks.

-Skippy
    I'm just so glad I'm not the only one who didn't look at the little instruction book before I started thinking how wonky it seemed!

After I found the second flap on the back, I was much better!
    LOL.... I'm glad to hear the case actually works properly before buying one!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    LOL.... I'm glad to hear the case actually works properly before buying one!
    All is good. Just don't visualize the iPad case :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertovi View Post
    No. When using the case as a stand (folding cover behind), the home button is on the left.
    Actually, when using the stand properly, the home button is on the right. See attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I'm just so glad I'm not the only one who didn't look at the little instruction book before I started thinking how wonky it seemed!

After I found the second flap on the back, I was much better!
    Yep. And if you put it on the touchstone, the flap is in front, not draping over the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, when using the stand properly, the home button is on the right. See attachments.
    Yes, but that isnt the ONLY way to position the flap in the case. The flap has three segments, with two seems. If you straighten out the 1st two segments from the binding, you will get the lower angle stand position with the home button on the right. (the pics were taken with my Pre-, so forgive the quality)

Notice that the little flap that secures the big flap is perpendicular to the case.

And you can see that it sits at the lower level with the home button on the right.

Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    yep, that's it BMIC50. It took me a while last week to figure out the flap would work that way. Main point is the flap will be at about a 90 degree angle from the back (picture 2).

Thanks for posting the pics for all to see.
    I see pandas.
    I'm confused. There is only one way to put the touchpad in this case. It even has notches for the power and volume. If you put it in wrong, nothing works right. The home button is always on the right when using it as landscape (with the case). Why is this even a question? Who is using it another way in the case?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast