Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I took my TouchPad to the local library last night and instantly found an issue. The gorilla glass makes a great reflective surface for the fluorescent overhead lights. I am in desparate need of an anti-glare screen protector of some kind. Anyone try out any of the protectors on the market and find one that works well? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Apparently, Zagg makes one
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    I will post my results once my skinomi shield gets here. It is supposed to reduce glare. I wish phantomskinz had one.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Griffin makes one that I've tried out. It's rather expensive in my opinion - $16.88 at Walmart. It comes with a cleaning cloth too.

It's a basic film with cutouts for the camera and menu button. The main reason I got it was to reduce glare and it seems to work rather well in the couple places I've taken it with fluorescent lights. I haven't been outside with sunlight to try it yet.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    With a Gorilla Glass face, is a screen protector really necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by pebacher View Post
    With a Gorilla Glass face, is a screen protector really necessary?
    Good question, how scratch resistant is the Gorilla Glass?
    With Gorilla Glass you do not need a screen protector.

Check out some of the Android forums talking about this issue with phones that have Gorilla Glass. You will see from those in the know that it is not needed.

Now if you have OCD then you might need one to calm yourself.
    2wings likes this.
  8.    #8  
    If you look at my original post, the reason for the screen protector is to fight the glare on the screen when using it under fluorescient lights. I'm pretty confident about the glass itself, but the reflection makes it difficult to see the screen content sometimes.

Thanks for the info on the Griffon item, Hobbz. I'll have to look for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Apparently, Zagg makes one
    i could say it works quite well, albeit expensive.

I admit my OCD forced me to get a screen protector :-)
    I would suggest the screen protector from Clearfreak Mobile on eBay. It has somewhat what of a rubbery feel to it, but it never scratches and you get used to it after a while.

*NEW* CLEAR SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR HP TOUCHPAD TABLET | eBay
    i'm looking for one that will be invisibile - don't mind the glare - I just want something that is thin and protects and just does the job. Gorilla glass is good but I already picked up a tiny but annoying microsopic nick in the glass after dropping it.
    Jim Wood likes this.
    skinomi and phantomskinz are very good. Phantom is prob the best
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I tried the Griffin ones from Walmart and they seem to be the best so far. They are pricey though, but worth it IMO. I tried the ones being sold on Amazon and they didn't fit and were poorly cut. I'm currently trying to get my money back from the seller as they are subpar compared to anything else I've seen.
    I'm not a fan of the rubbery feel and orange peel look for the Zagg Invisible Shields and like the static protectors as they most closely mirror the original screen.

The ones to stay away from are:
    Amazon.com: GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare (Matte) Clear Screen Protector Film for HP Touchpad Touchscreen Tablet (3 Pack): Electronics

They go under the name "GreatShield" and they also are sold on Ebay. Keep clear of these.

Ohh...and yes the screen does scratch which I was blown away by on how easy it did. I was cleaning my naked screen with a soft lint free cloth and something obvioulsy must have been caught in the fibers and it put a very tiny scratch on the screen from just cleaning it when I was getting ready to put the Griffin one on after seeing the GreatShield wasn't fitting at all. I was REALLY annoyed when I saw the tiny scratch
    Last edited by FoneFreak; 07/21/2011 at 09:01 AM.
    Yes I Did likes this.
    i'm not interested in a matte finish nor do I care about anti-glare=in fact I want the glare and glossiness. What's the perfect screen protector for my case? THe one's I seen on amazon and the walmart one look like a matte finish :@
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    No matte finish on the Griffin one. I KNOW it says it on the box, but it doesn't have a textured appearance and it's definitely just as glossy as the naked screen. The box is misleading cause it has a textured piece on it making you think the screen protector is the same, but it's not. The best cut and easy install without air bubbles, you can't tell it's on there now.
    Quote Originally Posted by FoneFreak View Post
    No matte finish on the Griffin one. I KNOW it says it on the box, but it doesn't have a textured appearance and it's definitely just as glossy as the naked screen. The box is misleading cause it has a textured piece on it making you think the screen protector is the same, but it's not. The best cut and easy install without air bubbles, you can't tell it's on there now.
    cool will check it out
    I'm trying out an extreme guard protector today. I know the tablet has gorilla glass, but for an extra 9 bucks, I'd rather be sure that my car keys won't make little scratches into the screen. I see it as cheap insurance. Might help with fingerprints as well.
    I use Zagg invisishields for all of my devices and would fully recommend them. They are on the pricier side, but will last for the life of your device when carefully applied. The material has a not-quite-smooth texture, like an orange, which I find I prefer to glass.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I'm trying out an extreme guard protector today. I know the tablet has gorilla glass, but for an extra 9 bucks, I'd rather be sure that my car keys won't make little scratches into the screen. I see it as cheap insurance. Might help with fingerprints as well.
    Let us know how it works? I'm especially interested in help with glare. (I need to use my new TP outside.) Thanks in advance.
    I have to add this tip. I Put a skinomi screen protector on, the next day all kinds of bubbles. Fired up sparkle hd and played for an hour. Bingo! All bubbles gone! Skinomi said all the bubbles would dissappear in 2 3 day, but sparkle really helped a lot.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast