Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    I simply used some cheapo eBay protectors. Got a 3 pack for $7 and it seems to work just fine. I'm not one of those people that is willing to spend $10-$15 for one screen protector so I usually buy cheap ones in bulk
    HP TouchPad 32GB (Rooted & Patched)
    I'll have to chime in and one-up you guys on the cheapness scale. I drove over to the local fabric store and bought a yard of their thinnest vinyl (0.002"), so now I'm set with about 13 square feet of screen protector. Nice and clear, plus you can find it at a Walmart if you're lucky. Only cost me a dollar and 10 minutes to make.
    ^ Yeah, that's about as cheap as you can get. YOU WIN!
    HP TouchPad 32GB (Rooted & Patched)
    So is there a consensus yet? I'm definitely interested in a dry application screen protector. Clarivue seems to be highly recommended but also pretty expensive. Too bad Steinheil doesn't make protectors for the TP.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    hey guys if you can recommend me a good matte screen protector for the touchpad id be extremely grateful. im currently using ZAGG right now... and i am kind ashamed to say i got it a very high price, its not as smooth as i hoped.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilywyrm View Post
    I'll have to chime in and one-up you guys on the cheapness scale. I drove over to the local fabric store and bought a yard of their thinnest vinyl (0.002"), so now I'm set with about 13 square feet of screen protector. Nice and clear, plus you can find it at a Walmart if you're lucky. Only cost me a dollar and 10 minutes to make.
    I've got a 1' x 3000' roll of food wrap, but it cost close to $10. Had it for a few years already and am about 1/2 way through it. Anyway, it clings all the way around
    Quote Originally Posted by ran495 View Post
    hey guys if you can recommend me a good matte screen protector for the touchpad id be extremely grateful. im currently using ZAGG right now... and i am kind ashamed to say i got it a very high price, its not as smooth as i hoped.

have the acase matte from amazon and its excellent.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    do you have any suggestions for brands that they sell in physical stores?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Just got my unit and am wondering what the absolute best item to prevent glare would be, so I can read outside. I have a case already so protection is not the main concern, glare removal is. will pay a bit more for quality.

Much appreciated in advance.
    I bought screen protectors to cut the glare. I got the splash Masque matte screen protector at Amazon--currently $9.85 for 3 and eligible for free super saver shipping. It's a dry application. I had never put on a screen protector before and thought I might have better luck with dry vs. wet.

I managed to put all 3 on 3 different TouchPads with only one small spec on one--it's hidden under the cover so no big deal. The trick is to clean the screen, use canned air, run the shower to keep the dust down, and have scotch tape handy to remove any dust specs that you missed before you get it completely stuck to the screen.

The splash Masque matte does cut the glare down significantly. Depending on how bright you have the screen set, the screen may look a little softer in some apps (if you have the brightness turned down). However, I'm guessing that's true with most matte screen protectors. I'm very happy with these.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I'm familiar with Zagg protectors as I've installed them on a few phones but they do have an orange peel effect that I'm not sure I'd like on a tablet-size screen. They also aren't as smooth as some other protectors. I've noticed that Amazon sells a screen protector called ArmorSuit MilitaryShield for about $11 that is supposed to be long-lasting but I can't tell what kind of finish it has. Has anyone here used it? Impressions?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

EXiM Anti-Glare Screen Protector for HP Touchpad

After a few weeks, solid use...

Application Type:: dry
    Application Ease::: 4/5 (bathroom/shower steam technique works well)
    Fit to glass:::::::: 5/5
    Sensitivity::::::::: 4/5
    Fingerprint Resist:: 4/5
    Durability:::::::::: 4/5
    Glare reduction:::: 4/5
    Display Clarity::::: 2/5
    SCORE::::::::::: 3/5

The EXIM Anti-Glare Screen Protector does its job to protect the screen and reduce glare significantly. It really depends on why you're buying it because while some mightn't mind, it's too blurry for my tastes to the point I felt queezy trying to read text. While many will contest that you can't get clarity with Anti-glare screen protectors, the great (Apple device only)Power Support anti-glare protectors achieve what I feel is equal to or even greater clarity than clear glass, the search continues.

I will keep the EXiM protecting my TouchPad's screen for now, next stop is Boxwave.
    Last edited by brum; 11/17/2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I tried the acase crystal protectors, but they had a major rainbow effect and dropped the sensitivity way too much. Unless someone can recommend me one that doesn't drop sensitivity, I think I'll go naked.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 11/12/2011 at 08:11 AM.
    For those that have used the splash protector, when you take it off does it leave a residue? Since I figured the touch pad most likely has some coating, I don't want that coating to come off when I remove the protector. ( Happened to my iphone 3GS with some cheapo brand screen protector, and left some annoying residue that were a PITA to get off )
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I ordered the Splash Masque before I had read that some were unsatisfied with it. But it arrived the following day, and with some apprehension, I went ahead and applied it - I'm very happy with it. It was easy to apply, it does cut down a bit on glare, and the best part for me is that it really cut down on fingerprints (and it's easier to wipe down with the few fingerprints I do get).
    I haven't tried to remove it, so I don't know about it leaving a residue, but I have to say, I don't plan on removing it anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

BoxWave HP TouchPad ClearTouch Anti-Glare Screen Protector

Application Type:: dry
    Application Ease::: 4/5 (bathroom/shower steam technique works well)
    Fit to glass:::::::: 5/5
    Sensitivity::::::::: 5/5
    Fingerprint Resist:: 4/5
    Durability:::::::::: 4/5
    Glare reduction:::: 4/5
    Display Clarity::::: 3/5

MY SCORE::::::::: 3.5/5

This screen protector comes with BoxWave's ClearTouch tech which I'm afraid to say doesn't live up to the name. While it handles most areas well including good sensitivity due to the relative thinness, the ClearTouch suffers from making the display and fonts appear somewhat grainy. I prefer it to the fuzzyness of EXiM's thicker protector and I'm sure a number of people wouldn't mind the grainyness of the ClearTouch for the added utilitarian benefits it provides.

The obligatory mention of the reality of limited clarity on most Anti-glare protectors is fitting, the (Apple device only) Power Support anti-glare protectors achieve what I'm yet to see anywhere else, anti-glare with sublime clarity. My search continues, please let me know if you have found a protector that matches PowerSupport's anti-glare clarity.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123