Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    I have to add this tip. I Put a skinomi screen protector on, the next day all kinds of bubbles. Fired up sparkle hd and played for an hour. Bingo! All bubbles gone! Skinomi said all the bubbles would dissappear in 2 3 day, but sparkle really helped a lot.
    What the F.... LOL

I don't have Sparkle...do you think it would work with another game?

Sorry...couldn't resist
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Griffin makes one that I've tried out. It's rather expensive in my opinion - $16.88 at Walmart. It comes with a cleaning cloth too.

It's a basic film with cutouts for the camera and menu button. The main reason I got it was to reduce glare and it seems to work rather well in the couple places I've taken it with fluorescent lights. I haven't been outside with sunlight to try it yet.
    Is that for iPad?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMarvin View Post
    What the F.... LOL

I don't have Sparkle...do you think it would work with another game?

Sorry...couldn't resist
    haha, with Sparkle you just need to press all over the screen so I suppose if you sit there pressing the screen at different places for 1 hour that would certainly help...
    I have used and recommend the screen protectors from HandHeldItems.com . They are inexpensive but of high quality. I certainly can't justify paying more. Since you want anti-glare, you can get one for $5, or a three-pack for $11.

HHI HP TouchPad Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-Glare, Matte Finishing Screen Protector

If you're not an experienced pro at installing these things, I'd get the three-pack. That way you'll have spares when/if you screw up one trying to install it.

Also the ones by Generiks or Spare Parts on Amazon are a good price, and I suspect are made of the same stuff.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Go to ebay. Search for matte screen protector. Best price.
    Since it has Gorilla Glass, I don't want to put a protector on it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frmorrison View Post
    Since it has Gorilla Glass, I don't want to put a protector on it.
    I'm doubting its Gorilla Glass, I got a 1 inch deep scratch next to the camera on the first day (it never left the house and I have no idea how it happened).
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    I'm doubting its Gorilla Glass, I got a 1 inch deep scratch next to the camera on the first day (it never left the house and I have no idea how it happened).
    Most likely is: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...glass-not.html
    Also, but Gorilla Glass is not scratch proof, just resistant.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    I swear by the Boxwave Matte ones. (Google 'em.) Easy to apply, no bubbles, screen still looks great, smooth to the touch.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I have this screen protector for my Nook Color and it's absolutely perfect:

BARNES & NOBLE | NOOKcolor Anti-Glare Screen Film Kit by Barnes & Noble

It's anti-glare but doesn't detract from the screen quality at all unlike other matte screen protectors I've found. It also almost completely eliminates smudges. Does anyone know of an analogous screen protector for the TouchPad?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    i installed a skinomi shield on my tp. not so sure it helped with the glare tho. feels pretty good although it is not exactly like the glass its slightly stickier. just a word to the wise when installing screen protectors, check and dbl chck, and then chck agn for lint trapped under the shield before it dries!! i got one piece stuck and its driving me MAD!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I've used screen protectors from clear-coat.com on my phones and on my kids' iPod touch players. They're reasonably easy to install, very clear, and have a good feel. I've also used phantomskinz. I would say that the clear-coat protectors have the same look and feel, and are easier to apply.

As for gorilla glass, it met my daughter, and lost. I always opt for the screen protectors. It really costs so little compared to the annoyance of scratches.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I've used screen protectors from clear-coat.com on my phones and on my kids' iPod touch players. They're reasonably easy to install, very clear, and have a good feel. I've also used phantomskinz. I would say that the clear-coat protectors have the same look and feel, and are easier to apply.

As for gorilla glass, it met my daughter, and lost. I always opt for the screen protectors. It really costs so little compared to the annoyance of scratches.
    I think saying a $17 screen protector is pricey is a bit funny. I think my Zagg cost $30 or $40. Pricey is replacing the whole TP because you dropped it. As has been said at least once, there are times where having it is better than not having it. I wouldn't want to use it without one. Call Me OCD, but I'm not taking it off. Incidentally, the Zagg isn't the most invisible and doesn't stop the glare that much. I hope one can be found that's better.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I think saying a $17 screen protector is pricey is a bit funny.
    It's funny when you can buy the same protector for $5 or less. Screen protectors are some of the best marketed items out there. If people can make money selling them at $5 a piece, then those selling them at $17 (or more) a piece are snake-oil salesmen.

You want to know how the business works? Go to DHgate.com, search for "Touchpad screen protector," and buy them in bulk--let's say 500 of them--for 80 cents a piece:

Wholesale - Clear LCD Flim Screen Protector Cover for Touch Pad TouchPad without retail pack MSP261 | DHgate.com

Invent a brand name, have some pretty packaging made, put up a website with some fancy claims about how well they work, and then sell them for $17 a piece... Profit.

Want some higher quality ones? Buy the ones selling for $1 a piece instead of 80 cents, and charge $30 for them.

So yes, I get a bit annoyed when I see people charging (or paying) ridiculous prices for screen protectors. The reason there are so very many brands to choose from is because this industry is ridiculously profitable and there is very little risk. But it's ridiculously profitable only because people are willing to buy into the lie that paying $17 for a clear plastic sticker must mean it is better than a $5 clear plastic sticker. Sure there are different manufacturers of these films and differences in quality, but nothing that justifies that sort of pricing.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Skimomi has it cheap right now. its on clearance. $6.99 its texture is like Zagg. when you put it on do it in the bathroom and turn on your bathtub, hot water. so the steam can take up all the dust
    I am a cheapskate but I will spend extra for quality. What is the easiest screen protector to apply from everyone's experience? I tried a griffin from walmart but it looked like a ****** (me) put it on.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    my vote goes to bestskinsever.com ..I've used them for every device I've ever owned and have never been let down.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I put a screen protector on because I wanted to protect the back and the screen protector came with it. I didn't like the reduced screen sensitivity. I was constantly having to hit keyboard letters multiple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Most likely is: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...glass-not.html
    Also, but Gorilla Glass is not scratch proof, just resistant.
    last I checked, even NASA and hasn't invented a 100% scratch proof glass surface....
    unless Congress gives them new funding to come up with a surface made
    out of diamond....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast