Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I am a little paranoid to leave the house with it, lest it get damaged before the case can arrive.
    I felt the same way, so I went to the 5 below store and bought a $5 neoprene sleeve (Ment for a netbook) until the official case arrives. Of course, I got my Touchpad last Friday so...
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    We went out of town for the 4th and I couldn't make it up to Castleton before we left. I would make the 45 minute drive to get a case now, though. I am a little paranoid to leave the house with it, lest it get damaged before the case can arrive.
    I know what you mean. I originally was only going to get the Touchstone, but after looking at the case, seeing it appeared to be the last one, and BestBuys revised arrival date of 6/19 I went ahead and got it.

I had picked up a HP mini netbook sleeve at the local Wal-mart for $20 that I was going to use until the cases were more readily available, but as you said was still a bit paranoid. It's the same sleeve that popped up as an accessory on Amazon and fits quite well. A bit longer than I would have liked at the time, but now it's use will be for travel and there is just enough room to throw the charger and cord in it as well.
    I got the email too!!!!

Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case"
    Previous estimated arrival date: July 25 2011 - August 09 2011
    New estimated arrival date: July 12 2011 - July 16 2011
    "HP Touchstone Charging Dock"
    Previous estimated arrival date: July 25 2011 - August 09 2011
    New estimated arrival date: July 12 2011 - July 16 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    My case and dock arrived yesterday! But my TP won't be here till Saturday. THE AGONY!!

I must say, the dock is very nice. I reserve judgment on the case until I have it on the TP, but the rubbery quality is pretty cool. It'll be interesting to see how well the case works with the buttons. I noticed that in some places, the rubber covers the buttons, and in other places it doesn't.

One big thing I did notice is that the case seems to cover the speaker area? Is that right? Anyone have the case installed, and can verify??
    The covers over the buttons work quite well. They are raised , so they still feel like buttons, and work pretty much like there's no cover.

The case doesn't cover the speakers. The hinged cover is on the side of the tablet that has the speakers, so they aren't covered up unless the cover is closed.

I also have no problem charging in the Touchstone with the cover on.
  5.    #25  
    just noticed this on my Amazon account: Status:

In transit
    Ship Carrier: Prestige
    Tracking ID: PI10454131
    Latest Event: Whitestown IN
    Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - July 5, 2011*10:12:02 PM

so it shipped the fifth and and should be here tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    just noticed this on my Amazon account: Status:

In transit
    Ship Carrier: Prestige
    Tracking ID: PI10454131
    Latest Event: Whitestown IN
    Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - July 5, 2011*10:12:02 PM

so it shipped the fifth and and should be here tomorrow.
    I hope mine ships from Whitestown also. That is only 15 miles up the road, although the Plainfield warehouse would be even closer.
    got my touchdock, and yeah it does charge the tp with the cover still on.

would love if the flap went behind the dock instead of falling in front of the pad while in landscape mode. in portrait the flap gets in the way too, unless you dont want to see the tp screen.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Me too!
    case fits pretty good, and like how they didnt just put holes in the edges for the volume/power buttons, but solid so you can just push in on the edges to turn it on/adjust volume. Kinda feels a little odd when its folded at against the back and your holding it, you just kinda wanna remove the flap...but it feels very sturdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Mine too. The touchstone arrived yesterday and the tablet should be delivered today. Not bad for free shipping.
    I picked up my case, touchstone, and TouchPad today, so I'm a happy camper.
    Case was shipped this evening via USPS. Ordered it on July 2nd.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Still waiting for mine to ship. Ordered 7/1 after arriving home from BB (really meant to do it ahead of time, doh!) and got the update over the weekend that they were moving up my delivery time to 7/11-15, but it appears not going to move much more than that since it is still preparing to ship.
  13.    #33  
    Presiege Shipping sucks. it said it was out for delivery since 12 but they never attempted to deliver it until 7:30pm, the mail center at my school closes at 5. 2 day shipping turned into 3 day shipping. hopefully i'll get it today...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Ordered a case from amazon a couple days ago after trying to find one in all my local stores with no luck.. It had a 2-3 week waiting list but I just got bumped up today and it should be here Tuesday!!!!!

"We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case"
    Previous estimated arrival date: July 25 2011 - August 04 2011
    New estimated arrival date: July 12 2011"
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Mine (launch day order) still hasn't shipped.

It is funny. I began to use Amazon less as other sites began offering free shipping more. I had sorta forgotten why but this is a reminder. It always seems to me that Amazon drags its feet when you choose free shipping, as if in hopes of getting you to break down and join prime. Meanwhile I placed a Lands End order on July 3 with free shipping and the box is currently sitting next to me. Oh well.
    I ordered my case and Touchstone from AMZ on July 5th with same late jul to aug delivery timetable as everyone else. Both had shipping updates to the 12th. The Touchstone arrived this morning surprisingly, so hopefully the case isn't far behind. My interim clearance case from BB is quite functional but equally ugly!
    My launch day order shipped yesterday. Unfortunately, it wasn't shipped from the 2 warehouses within 20 miles of my house. Instead it was shipped from the middle of Kentucky, 180 miles away. After a side trip through Cincinnati, it is on it's way to Indianapolis. I hope it gets here tomorrow, but Monday is more realistic.
    dang, no change in ship date for me, and its killing, cause i have tp and the kbd, but no way of standing the thing up, short of leaning it on something.
    Just got another email on the case today that it's shipped and expected to arrive tomorrow. Nice, I only needed my interim case for a few days. I think I lucked out on both by being very close to the shipping warehouse.
    Mine still shows as shipping on the 12th for an arrival of the 13th. The bill was adjusted to meet the new prices of the accessories.

I'll be on vacation so I won't see my accessories until the 16th.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast