Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, wondering if:

1) Does anyone have the official TP keyboard. How does it work?
    2) Can one pair via BT any other Keyboards?

Mine is getting here this week. I scrounged deals all over the place to get a 32GB TP, + Touchstone + TP case for $625 (including taxes) but I was too broke for the keyboard and was wondering if I can pair other KBs.
    I just tried pairing my Stowaway Ultra Slim keyboard, seems to work fine. The Esc-Key brings the notification window to the front, though. I wonder how to edit texts in vi without Escape key...

Georg
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'm wondering whether an Apple (iMac) BT keyboard pairs too. Can't test (yet), don't have a TP.
    sorli likes this.
    Both my ThinkOutside UltraThin BT and a new Targus one meant for the iPad paired fine with the TouchPad. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I've got the official TouchPad keyboard. Either I'm doing something odd, or it won't manipulate cards at all. I'm assuming I'm a bit dense today and just haven't figured it out yet. It's well built, small, and I think a good addition to the Touchpad.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    According to the HP rep at BB 2 wks ago, any BT keyboard should work. He actually tried to encourage me to get another one and didn't realize the TP keyboard has card buttons.

I'm just trying to figure out how to call up the on-screen virtual keyboard when there are no text areas to tap. If there isn't a way, hopefully someone can come up with a patch. Using LogMeIn through the website works great, but the vkb will not come up if I'm utilizing a text area on my desktop computer.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have paired 2 Freedom BT keyboards: one the mini, and the 2nd an older Freedom Universal. They both paired easily. The Freedom Universal handbook indicated I needed drivers, and of course there are none for Web OS, but the TP recognized it with no problems.
    I have a couple older Palm keyboards, but currently packed away to move. Will be interesting to see if they work too!
    My stowaway Ultra thin Bluetooth keyboard works like a charm. The lack of an esc does bring up a good question. Would we be able to remap the keyboard?

I'm looking forward to my Acela train rides to NY now

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by pmalena View Post
    I have paired 2 Freedom BT keyboards: one the mini, and the 2nd an older Freedom Universal. They both paired easily.
    pmalena, how were you able to get the Freedom to pair? I already own a Freedom Pro and bought a TouchPad at the fire sale. Freedom's rep told me to use HID mode, but in either mode I keep getting a "pairing failed" message.

Edit: I'm an *****, I wasn't repeating the pairing code on the keyboard itself. Pairs up just fine now although it appears that few, if any of the function keys are mapped. No biggie however, I just wanted something physical for those times when I have to type something longer.
    Last edited by northward; 08/23/2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Found my error
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    eszklar likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidinsf View Post
    1) Does anyone have the official TP keyboard. How does it work?
    It works well, but I use it less than I thought I would.

* It's not convenient to carry around with the TP
    * If you haven't used it for several minutes, it takes several seconds for the connection to be re-established
    * The TP, Touchstone, case and keyboard don't play well together. In standard portrait orientation, the flap of the case sticks out to the side (can't be folded behind). In landscape orientation, you must place the keyboard on top of the flap, which means you can't grab the TP quickly when you step away.

I should note I haven't yet tried a weekend trip with only the TP and no laptop.
    Does the touchpad keyboard have options to input "FXX" function keys (i.e. ctrl + F5) - for example on craigslist - if you post an advertisement and want it to refresh and immediately load, press ctrl + F5.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Hi there. I'm trying to pair my Freedom Keyboard2 with my new TouchPad using HID and keep getting the "Pairing failed" message although it paired up just fine with my iMac. Will try your fix. No problems afterwards?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eszklar View Post
    Hi there. I'm trying to pair my Freedom Keyboard2 with my new TouchPad using HID and keep getting the "Pairing failed" message although it paired up just fine with my iMac. Will try your fix. No problems afterwards?
    I had the same problem with my Palm 3245ww Bluetooth keyboard but with some searching I found the following answer that worked:

Quote Originally Posted by shaftdad View Post
    OK. Mystery solved.

Continuing from above:
    Pre: Asks for pass key
    Pre: Entered 4478
    BTKB: Typed 4478 [Enter]

Devices paired. I hope someone can make use of the hour I just invested.
    Just type in any password when the touchpad asks you then immediately press that same code in your Bluetooth keyboard and press enter and you will be paired

God I love technology
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Logitech mini diNovo works fine
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    My Microsoft keyboard works fine, the start button even brings up the app menu page. I haven't figured out how to change pages yet. I like way the TP realizes the BT keyboard is there and quits using the virtual one.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Official keyboard is great, had one for several weeks
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidinsf View Post
    So, wondering if:

2) Can one pair via BT any other Keyboards?
    I have been able to pair a generic BT keyboard I picked up from Deal Exetreme, and I was able, after a few tries, to pair my old Apple BT Keyboard (3 battery model).

Pairing can be tricky, as mentioned here and other places, you have to enter the pairing code on both the Touchpad and from the BT keyboard. I had to try several times, so I cannot remember now if I had to enter the code first on the BT keyboard and then from the onscreen keyboard or the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Logitech mini diNovo works fine
    Did the cursor work on that? Was it just simply a BT pairing and ready to go, and how about the keyboard mapping - ?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    pmalena, how were you able to get the Freedom to pair? I already own a Freedom Pro and bought a TouchPad at the fire sale. Freedom's rep told me to use HID mode, but in either mode I keep getting a "pairing failed" message.

Edit: I'm an *****, I wasn't repeating the pairing code on the keyboard itself. Pairs up just fine now although it appears that few, if any of the function keys are mapped. No biggie however, I just wanted something physical for those times when I have to type something longer.
    Just saw your message, northward. Glad you figured it out! Haven't played around much with the function keys. They may map to something, just not sure what! Enjoy your TP! I LOVE mine!
    Paired my apple bluetooth keyboard works fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast