1.    #1  
    Saw this on amazon. Not a bad price if it isnt junk.

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield for Touchpad
    I haven't used the ArmorSuit brand protector itself but have used a similar brand before but have used the "squirt" based protector from another company before and I wasn't much of a fan.

There are other screen only protectors that are more of a plastic sheet that sticks to the screen but isn't sticky in case you need to move or remove it. I'm hoping that https://store.griffintechnology.com/...it-hp-touchpad is one of these since my preferred vendor doesn't support the TouchPad yet.
    Not sure really, I purchased a similar product for my Pre- years ago and never used it because of its need to get wet to apply and difficulties removing bubbles. Either way, I found a similar product designed for the iPad 2 that has reviews:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPad 2 Skin Protector Shield Full Body with LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS

and people seem to like it, have no problems getting rid of bubbles or dust, but again I just don't know. Either way, thanks for the reference and I plan to do some more research and see what other people think.

Also, I can see using this on the back of my TouchPad since I've already noticed a few minor scratches, but does the front need this protection with it already have Gorilla Glass? Thanks, Sorli...
    I haven't tried armor suit, but all I can say is that Skinomi rocks and is tons of better than iskinz.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks everyone for the input. I'm looking for something to put on the back of the TP to prevent(minimize) fingerprints/scratches. Something like this seems to be a good option since it won't add any bulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. I'm looking for something to put on the back of the TP to prevent(minimize) fingerprints/scratches. Something like this seems to be a good option since it won't add any bulk.
    I thought StealthArmor from Fusion of Ideas looked interesting for covering the back. They had several styles to choose from but I would like to see an Army ACU universal camouflage, but the carbon fiber might be cool also.

HP TouchPad StealthArmor
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    I thought StealthArmor from Fusion of Ideas looked interesting for covering the back. They had several styles to choose from but I would like to see an Army ACU universal camouflage, but the carbon fiber might be cool also.

HP TouchPad StealthArmor
    Looks like a good product. A little pricey though. I wonder how thick it is.
    Well, I just spent close to an hour trying to put the 'ArmorSuit' on my touchpad, and I will say that this was my first time trying to do such a thing and I think the fault in this lies more with me then the product.

That said,
    I purchased the Carbon Fiber Film Protector Shield, and the carbon fiber back is a pain to put on, you have to have it almost Exactly lined up with the power cable slot, the power button, and the headset jack, otherwise you have to peel it off and try again, which in itself is no easy thing to do. I'll give it this, the thing Sticks to the touchpad, you have to pull pretty hard to get it back off and reposition it, ...after about the 20nth time (maybe a slight exaggeration, but it felt like it), one of the corner slots ripped, so I threw the whole thing away, ...Im picky about such things. :P

The front is easy to apply and took me maybe 5 minutes to put on, though the instructions call for a 'dust free environment' ...good luck with that. :P
    I learned the hard way (on my Pre Plus with a Skinomi TechSkin) that one tiny piece of dust that you might not see at the time your applying the screen will be impossible to get rid of later, least it was for me, ...and like I said, Im picky and it causes me no end of issues when I see it. ...I've another skin on order right now. >.>

However, now that its been drying for a while (WAY past the 5 minute quick reapply time) I see that the front is sitting slightly off to one side and on the ledge around the touch pad screen, and as such has a slight air cavity. Not wanting to chance dust getting under it (I Think I got lucky when applying it the first time, and it all looks clear, ^-^), I dont plan on trying to fix it, hopefully itll stay and not cause me any issues.
    So just a note. Be careful when aligning the 'MilitaryShield screen'. I spent a while trying to get it lined it, but seems I still didn't have it just right enough to sit nicely on my screen. BUT. Like I said, I feel any mistakes I made are more on me then the product. Its worth getting, though now I'm lacking a back for my touchpad and that kind of bothers me, but i have the HP case, so maybe I'll just leave the touchpad in that, as annoying as that might turn out to be...
    I got the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield it has lifetime replacements, from amazon.com It's self healing so if it scratches you can spray the solution it came with to get out the scratch (I had to do this) and it works. It dosn't reduce glare but give as better feel on the screen and reduces fingerprints to very minimal.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    skinomi, zagg, armour suit are all the same stuff.....all require similar application with water. I have used all three...buy the cheapest one....
  11. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    my ArmorSuit full body carbon fiber skin just arrived today from Amazon, I'm going to install it as soon as I kill the battery in my TP. Only 23% left then I'll try the shower on in the bathroom trick again to help with airborne particles and the re-application of the skin if needed. I'm hoping I can get this on as fast as I put on the Acase anti-glare screen protector.

Update - Well I installed the Carbon Fiber skin and took more precautions than I needed to. You don't need to use water to apply the skin so I didn't need to let my battery drain (Shoulda looked online at the install videos before i went thru all the trouble). It took a little while to install but it went on cleanly without a whole lot of trouble. The skin came with these other little pieces i'm not sure where to install them but I did apply them to the rounded corners.
    Last edited by Bo; 08/18/2011 at 02:04 PM.
    does the touchpad still fit in the HP case with the carbon skin on?
  13. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    does the touchpad still fit in the HP case with the carbon skin on?
    yep, with no problem at all. Actually the seller i got mine from on Amazon just sent me a new screen shield for free because i gave them a good review. What do you know, i guess it does help to be nice sometimes.
    I got one. I removed it cause I sold the touchpad but it fit very nicely and snug. Also super sticky and very durable feeling. The texture is awesome. It covers the sides (not entirely) unlike the other ones that are just square and for the back. Removal is very hard though. So sticky..