Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laoh
  1.    #1  
    Gelaskins (and the likes) would be a good solution for the fingerprint-magnet TP back. It's not avail yet but hopefully they will soon.

We don't have any current plans for the HP Touchpad tablet, but I will certainly pass your suggestions along to our designers! Thank you again!

Elizabeth Czetyrbok | GelaSkins Inc.
    contact@gelaskins.com
    (416) 519 1360
    Soorma likes this.
    Hey, I'm also on their tail on their twitter account. I will send them an email too. I have this really cool, simple art I want to put on the back of my TouchPad.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Anybody bought from Gelaskins for the touchpad? :-) Right now I'm sitting and creating a nice skin for the touchpad with Bioshock-inspiration and would be fun to see if anyone else have used a custom skin..
    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7633/wotigot.png

^ gelaskins personal/custom skin (remastered pic from my fave amiga game of all time - Deuteros), works a dream, just a nightmare (for me) to get positioned perfectly, smooths down very well, easy remove and re-apply, well impressed with it.

The online method for making your own is simple and easy, i might order some spares or different images.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7633/wotigot.png

^ gelaskins personal/custom skin (remastered pic from my fave amiga game of all time - Deuteros), works a dream, just a nightmare (for me) to get positioned perfectly, smooths down very well, easy remove and re-apply, well impressed with it.

The online method for making your own is simple and easy, i might order some spares or different images.
    Ohhh, nice! Hard to apply good? Does it leave fingerprints and is it as slippery as without the skin?:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTriXx View Post
    Ohhh, nice! Hard to apply good? Does it leave fingerprints and is it as slippery as without the skin?:-)
    easy enough to apply, my only issue was getting it centered as its quite large ofc, not like a small handheld phone, an extra pair of hands would probably help.

Fingerprints, no worse/better then the touchpad itsself, maybe slightly less, not a huge issue, it is easier to grip afterwards and if you look closely theres a sort of wire mesh type look to the skin, hard to see unless up close but by no means a bad thing.

Just brushing your hands/thumb accross the surface easily removes any bubbles as well, this part was definatly easy/foolproof.