1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to buy a touchpad case or touchstone at their local stores? None of the stores by me have them.
    Nope I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I may resort to buying them online. I did pick up a Swiss Gear iPad\Tablet pouch for $16 from Wal-Mart. At least it gives me something to carry it around safely.
    If you have a Fry's near you they seem to have stock on all accessories.

Just ordered a Touchstone charger to pick up in-store after I leave work today.
    I was about to start a new thread myself about this, so all the alternate solutions for a case might be in one spot. No, I haven't found any TouchPad accessories in stores. I've check BB, Walmart and Office Depot. But at Office Depot, I did buy this 10" Netbook sleeve for $14. It's a temporary solution until I either invest in HP's case or find a third-party solution I like better. I saved my receipt for this sleeve too so I can return it, assuming I'll find a better one in the next few weeks.

One caveat. When I first pulled my TouchPad out of this sleeve, I almost dropped it!!! So now, instead of unzipping the one zipper all the way around which created the wider opening for it to simply fall out, I now just unzip it to how it looks in the photo below and so I can hold it and pull it out.

P.S. - And before we get all the smart aleck remarks, no, I do not leave the printed collar on while using it, silly kids. Just included it for reference.
    Last edited by TPadDay14Me; 07/03/2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added p.s.
    If you have a Fry's near you, check there. They have the cases and TouchStones showing as available at store locations.

Edit: Oops.. didn't see alfaverde posted the same suggestion Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Has anyone been able to buy a touchpad case or touchstone at their local stores? None of the stores by me have them.
    Based on your location.. Frys has the case and touchstone.

Downers Grove, IL 3300 Finley Road
    The local Fry's in houston show it to be backordered for both the keyboard and touchstone ..didnt check for the case
    Quote Originally Posted by TPadDay14Me View Post
    I was about to start a new thread myself about this, so all the alternate solutions for a case might be in one spot. No, I haven't found any TouchPad accessories in stores. I've check BB, Walmart and Office Depot. But at Office Depot, I did buy this 10" Netbook sleeve for $14. It's a temporary solution until I either invest in HP's case or find a third-party solution I like better. I saved my receipt for this sleeve too so I can return it, assuming I'll find a better one in the next few weeks.
    I was going to start a new thread as well but I guess I will just post this information here. I originally picked up a Swiss Gear zipper pouch similar to the one you have there. I did find a better alternative (I think)

The Griffin Elan Folio for iPad is a perfect fit for the Touchpad. Wally world has them for $38.88. It has the cutouts in all the correct places (even for the FFC which is weird since iPad didn't have one.) The Elan supports both landscape setups for typing and viewing. The front and back are thick and durable to protect against physical impacts, but the back is likely too thick to allow for touchstone charging. I haven't seen the original to say how thick it is for comparison so keep that in mind. ;-)
    Amazon.com has started to ship (7/3) the HP TouchPad Case.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
    I just gave in an ordered from Amazon this morning.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I too purchased a "temporary" case at Office Depot--made by Targus, usuall $29.99 on sale for $15. BUT the TouchPad just doesn't fit into the tabs correctly, so will return when my HP case arrives (via Amazon, scheduled delivery today!) I am being VERY careful as I do not want the Touchpad to fall out of the case when I am opening or closing.
    The Targus case DOES have grooves to allow you to work on the tablet while it is propped open, making working on your lap more comfortable. Hoping the HP case does the same.