1.    #1  
    Ordered my TouchPad and case from Amazon. Touchpad comes next week, case comes in three weeks.

For those who already have the case, what do you think of it?

Also, a quick aside on the whole thickness issue: Whatever advantages the iPad has are negated the moment you slap a case on it.
    <<thread moved>>
    The case is ok. A bit wobbly and I wish it had magnets like the ipad2 case, and I wish the cover had a strap or something to hold it closed. But quality is good and makes the TP feel more secure.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Thanks for the review. I get my TouchPad Wednesday and did not order a case. I will wait for a 3rd party better case.
    I thought about waiting, but I didn't want to risk any damage to my six hundred dollar toy.

If you buy from costco, it comes with a sleeve which is perfect for protecting it. Not sure if the sleeve is orderable, but I prefer it to the case. When in use my TP is naked... otherwise I'll throw it in the sleeve when I'm on the go.

Still thinkin about a skin though, fingerprints can be annoying in bright daylight, though I love the feel of the gorilla glass on my fingers.
    When I'm at home I take it out of the case and I love the feel of the front and the back. When I head out it goes in the case.

case is fine. how can people complain about a case - it's just a case. Will allow for Touchstone charging, so all good.
    I'm pleased with the case, but a case isn't just a case. As particular as one can be about a case for a cellphone, it is the same way for a tablet. That being said I still have the case and like it, though I think they couldve made it a bit better.

I personally think the official case is pretty much overpriced.

The two different ways to use it as a stand are nice and it seems pretty robust and endurable. But it also attracts dirt and all the dust pretty well. Also there's already cracks showing where the material bends.

Don't get me wrong though, it IS a nice quality silicon case but it's not worth more than maybe $20.
    i'm a little put off with the price, but would buy again. It definitely has a "made for it" feel. My son-in-law played with the TouchPad for about 30 minutes, and thought the case was part of the device. I see room for improvement (especially in keeping it closed) but definitely worth it to me.

Maybe I should demand an OTA update.
    ok, to me a case is a case. Big Deal on what the case is like. This case fits and works great. As for phone cases, never used a case on a cell phone. Never saw the need as I have pockets.

Of course you thought they could of made it better... can't EVERYTHING be better at some level? Again, a case is a case and for me, this case works... but they could have made it better.

Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I'm pleased with the case, but a case isn't just a case. As particular as one can be about a case for a cellphone, it is the same way for a tablet. That being said I still have the case and like it, though I think they couldve made it a bit better.

There's some great posts and feedback I'm reading here, thanks everyone. I was eager to buy the HP Case, but when I couldn't immediately find it, I picked up this sleeve to tide me over.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3015790

But based on the posts here, I think now I'm in less of a rush to pick up this case and will take my time, perhaps looking forward to a third-party case before investing in one that's both durable, protective and will display my TouchPad well.
    Last edited by TPadDay14Me; 07/03/2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: corrected the link
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I've not found cases at Best Buy, WalMart (retail or online). Where are you guys getting yours at?

Are there any good 3rd party cases that fit the bill also?
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    I've not found cases at Best Buy, WalMart (retail or online). Where are you guys getting yours?
    Got mine at Fry's Electronics. Went online to find which stores had them in stock.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Bummer we don't have Fry's around here. I guess I'll just wait a few weeks for Amazon to stock them. But I'm also hoping that a 3rd-party vendor will create something similar to the HP case for a more reasonable price. However, I was scanning the iPad case prices at BB yesterday, and I'm not sure that anything is reasonably priced anymore!