1.    #1  
    I got my touchpad today, I really want to put it in a case. The HP one looks great but I don't wanna wait for it to show up from amazon.

Has anyone seen one in a store?
    I think I got the only one @Fry's in Anaheim Hills. They had plenty of chargers (standard), bluetooth kb's, and 1 ts (which I got too).
    I went to the Bestbuy & Walmart that sold the TouchPad here in Jax & neither one had it. I'm kinda bummed because I dont want to wait 5 weeks for Amazon.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Yes same problem...plenty of TP, but no accessories at all at my BB. I got my TP 32gb and am gingerly using it trying not to slid or scratch the back. This won't last forever and I'll need another option soon enough.

BB referenced getting in Touchstone, Keyboards, and Cases next week. He didn't seem that interested so he may be just feeding me a line. Sorli...
    No accessories in Bakersfield. The HP person at the store checked for me.
    I'm getting my case and touchstone from Amazon on the 6th, so I don't think the next week thing is some BS. I just need to get a keyboard now..
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Picked up a case at Fry's even though I got the TP at BB. Very well designed if you ask me. Not sure how BB dropped the ball on accessories. The Sunnyvale store had nothing.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalazarR240 View Post
    I think I got the only one @Fry's in Anaheim Hills. They had plenty of chargers (standard), bluetooth kb's, and 1 ts (which I got too).
    hey hey hey, another north oc guy, alright! I guess this means I'll have to check the fountain valley one for a case!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I went to the Bestbuy & Walmart that sold the TouchPad here in Jax & neither one had it. I'm kinda bummed because I dont want to wait 5 weeks for Amazon.
    Why 5 weeks? My HP case arrived this morning from Amazon. Unfortunately it says my touchstone won't get here until the 5th.
    went around the Ross's, TJMAxx's, and Marshalls' in my area for cheap iPad1 cases.. i didnt have much luck but y'all's stores may have some
    I went to Fry's website, and they listed the stores that had them in stock. Saved me a lot of frustration.
    Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley CA has a stack of them, at least 10 HP Touchpad Folios, plus there's a half dozen Touchstone charging docks, and a half dozen HP webOS bluetooth keyboards for the TouchPad too.
    I looked high and low for the accessories today with no luck.
    an alternative, though, is a decent bag I found with a retractable handle. I uploaded the pics on Photobucket and will link them shortly. Found it at ross for $15. Designed to make airport security less of a headache as there is no shielding for the xray machines.

this bag isnt perfect, but it is close enough.

Here is the bag I got:

And:

HP appears to have sold their first stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I work at Fry's and we have a good amount of stock. You should be able to mail order one.

Quality is great IMO, although I don't like it as much as the Apple one for the iPad2. Why? Because the flap just seems a bit wobbly opened or closed, and I wish it had a better way to stay put when closed. That being said I like it but was a bit pricey (retail price, I got my employee discount) I think I would also have liked if it had some sort of tethered USB hole plug, a la Pre and Pre Plus.

And how in the world is Sunnyvale out? Isn't that Palm Central?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums