Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Because of your post I decided to pair up my apple bluetooth keyboard and to my surprise it worked. I am typing on it right now and the text input is instantenious, same as computer. Very cool. Theyre is a trick to pairing a keyboard though. When TP asks to enter a password just enter a 4 digit password on TP, then type that same password on the keyboard and press enter. Otherwise they don't pair. I won't even try the mouse though, i'm sure it won't work.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
  3.    #3  
    try it, you may be surprised again!
    I like how you asked about a mouse and he posted about a keyboard. Obviously bluetooth keyboards will work, its a built in feature.

I will try my bluetooth mouse tonight when i get home. Worth a shot!
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    65fastback and Vistaus like this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I like how you asked about a mouse and he posted about a keyboard. Obviously bluetooth keyboards will work, its a built in feature.

I will try my bluetooth mouse tonight when i get home. Worth a shot!
    kool, do report back.
    I was surprised that APPLE keyboard worked. Anyways...tried my apple mouse and no luck. TP finds it no problem under other devices, but when I try pairing them TP asks for a password for the mouse. Maybe there will be a workaround from preware in the future for this.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I was surprised that APPLE keyboard worked. Anyways...tried my apple mouse and no luck. TP finds it no problem under other devices, but when I try pairing them TP asks for a password for the mouse. Maybe there will be a workaround from preware in the future for this.
    usually you can just type in 0000
    When I type in anything besides 0000 it says authentication failed. If I type in 0000 it goes back to my bluetooth devices list and does show the mouse there, but it is greyed out. I'm trying to upload my screenshot to photobucket but no luck.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
  9.    #9  
    Okiedo, thanks for testing it.

MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
  11.    #11  
    Thanks

Try 9999 or 1234

Edit: 8888 might work, too.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    still no luck.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    I just noticed that the official bluetooth keyboard ist greyed out and not usable when the Touchpad is in developer mode.

So maybe it's the opposite when it comes to the mouse? Maybe it will it work when in dev-mode but it's unavailiable in normal mode....
    links up fine, but does nothing for me. I have a kensington bT mouse.

tried both modes btw
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    BT mouse is 0000 for non responding devices.

My BT Platronics 903 headset sounds great, think i'll buy a HP BT KB for my TouchPad.
    I tried my Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 6000 and it worked when I enter a various PIN on the TP and than the same on the keyobard + ENTER. But it is not really usefull, because I tried all keys and some are not funktional, but typing in just type works fine
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I successfully paired my bluetooth mouse (HP PC Card Mouse) and it even has the correct icon (see screenshot attached). Unfortunately it does not work anywhere.

I was hoping that I can use it with my Ubuntu chroot installation but it does not.

Dear homebrew developers, what is the price for a mouse driver?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shoe; 07/28/2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: grammar? :)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    I successfully paired my bluetooth mouse (HP PC Card Mouse) and it even has the correct icon (see screenshot attached). Unfortunately it does not work anywhere.

I was hoping that I can use it with my Ubuntu chroot installation but it does not.

Dear homebrew developers, what is the price for a mouse driver?
    Ditto. I successfully paired my fancy "Razer Orochi" bluetooth (gaming) mouse, it shows up as a device with the cute little mouse icon, but it does not do anything after seemingly paired via "0000" passkey. In other words there is no cursor or movement at all on the TouchPad desktop anywhere. A Touchpad WebOS mouse driver would be awesome if that is what is needed.

Please Advise.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast